Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40

Thread: New M7

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    St Marys Western Sydney
    Posts
    20,953
    well u say quickest your usually regarding the acceleration, when you say the fastest its the top speed
    I am the Stig

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hamilton Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    are you sure you dont mean the quickest


    Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    what is the difference

    The difference is FASTEST refers to speed and QUICKEST refers to elapsed time to achieve a given speed or distance.

    IE: 150 mph is FAST ..... 0-60 in 6 seconds is QUICK

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    150
    Mamamiya
    whatta beautiful thin'
    God bless BMW
    Fire Bangle ­­or give me back MY M5 and don't touch the M3

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    40
    I believe the E is the "fastest" just not the quickest.
    40 OZ. to freedom.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ???????????
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by V12 Disord3r
    I believe the E is the "fastest" just not the quickest.
    no the M5 is

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    no the M5 is
    i dont understand how so??? how can a car with less torque and hp that weighs basically the same as the new e be quicker and faster??
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,773
    Quote Originally Posted by bum-man
    i dont understand how so??? how can a car with less torque and hp that weighs basically the same as the new e be quicker and faster??
    They both are

    Limited to 155mph

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    St Marys Western Sydney
    Posts
    20,953
    the Brabus E-class dont come with a limiter though dont they
    I am the Stig

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ???????????
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by bum-man
    i dont understand how so??? how can a car with less torque and hp that weighs basically the same as the new e be quicker and faster??
    well i see you r point but for this year both car had aprocimatly the same time but the MB was like 0.8 sec faster .&that is after 5 years of BMW waiting for sombody to come and compete with the M5 now the new M5 will become again the fastest car well that is what we r waiting for we cant realy know..But i think it will be look at the old M5 how many hp and the new one how many hp and it was a V8 now a V10 i gess it will be the fastes again

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    well i see you r point but for this year both car had aprocimatly the same time but the MB was like 0.8 sec faster .&that is after 5 years of BMW waiting for sombody to come and compete with the M5 now the new M5 will become again the fastest car well that is what we r waiting for we cant realy know..But i think it will be look at the old M5 how many hp and the new one how many hp and it was a V8 now a V10 i gess it will be the fastes again
    If it comes out it will be pointless. Who wants 700bhp in a luxury car. And, it will be limited to 155mph, so you may as well have a 745i or something better like an S500.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ???????????
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    If it comes out it will be pointless. Who wants 700bhp in a luxury car. And, it will be limited to 155mph, so you may as well have a 745i or something better like an S500.
    well yes it is pointless so is the S65 AMG if that is how you r thinking of it

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    well i see you r point but for this year both car had aprocimatly the same time but the MB was like 0.8 sec faster .&that is after 5 years of BMW waiting for sombody to come and compete with the M5 now the new M5 will become again the fastest car well that is what we r waiting for we cant realy know..But i think it will be look at the old M5 how many hp and the new one how many hp and it was a V8 now a V10 i gess it will be the fastes again
    If you're comparing the best supersaloons you can't leave out the Audi RS6: stunningly beautiful and if I'm not mistaking slightly quicker (or faster ) than the Mercedes and the BMW.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    14
    Although, the new M5 will become the absolute king of supersaloons again. Pity for the looks, though.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    If it comes out it will be pointless. Who wants 700bhp in a luxury car. And, it will be limited to 155mph, so you may as well have a 745i or something better like an S500.
    I also think that BMW won't produce that M7 (a shame, because those are some very impressive figures), because there already exists a 'hot' 7-series, the Alpina B7: 500 bhp
    0-100 km/h: under 5.5
    top speed: 300 km/h

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ???????????
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by daft bob
    I also think that BMW won't produce that M7 (a shame, because those are some very impressive figures), because there already exists a 'hot' 7-series, the Alpina B7: 500 bhp
    0-100 km/h: under 5.5
    top speed: 300 km/h
    what about the 330ci hartge with 400hp and still BMW made the M3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •