Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Photography Comp 16

GUYS! GUYS! GUYS! his pic is good but its not GREAT. there are a few huge problems. most notably and probably the main reason i dont beleive he will be winning (or at least getting the votes of those who are paying attention to the photography aspect) is he chopped off the front of the car. fine when purposefully taking a pic of only a section of a car but this is a full 3/4 view. other than that the rear is way overexposed and blown, but thats hard to avoid in the lighintng conditions it looks like he had. and i dont know why you immediately attribute this pics to the 8mp camera. he only used 1.228 million of the pixels. if this were a trial and werty and fumacher were prospectives for the jury i would have them eliminated on the fact that they have clearly made up their minds already.

dont take this as an attack on loucas. were relatively good friends on msn and i chat with him a good amount. its just a few things ive noticed and i dont think its fair that you are declaring him the winner even before you see the other pics because even if there is a better one you will doubtfully change your mind.

not sure bout entering mine atm. i will have new pics this friday but ill prolly just enter before that.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth of Xar
    we'll see about that..

Bling Bling Jack Pot I think Im in Love..

Jaguar Advanced LightWeight Coupe
    Times Square, NYC
    Feb 02, 05
    DSC-P72
    Here. I resized the picture for you. But don't think I'll be so genourse next time!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    Here. I resized the picture for you. But don't think I'll be so genourse next time!
    thank you but it isnt necessary my picture complies with the 800x600 limit. it is 577x800 which is compliant with the limit.
    ________
    extreme vaporizer
    Last edited by Rebirth of Xar; 01-31-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth of Xar
    thank you but it isnt necessary my picture complies with the 800x600 limit. it is 577x800 which is compliant with the limit.
    No it didn't. 800 is more then 600.
    577x800
    800x600

calover, its 800*600 or 600*800

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    calover, its 800*600 or 600*800
    Oh. Sorry.

lol its alright.

GUYS! GUYS! GUYS! his pic is good but its not GREAT. there are a few huge problems. most notably and probably the main reason i dont beleive he will be winning (or at least getting the votes of those who are paying attention to the photography aspect) is he chopped off the front of the car. fine when purposefully taking a pic of only a section of a car but this is a full 3/4 view. other than that the rear is way overexposed and blown, but thats hard to avoid in the lighintng conditions it looks like he had. and i dont know why you immediately attribute this pics to the 8mp camera. he only used 1.228 million of the pixels. if this were a trial and werty and fumacher were prospectives for the jury i would have them eliminated on the fact that they have clearly made up their minds already.

dont take this as an attack on loucas. were relatively good friends on msn and i chat with him a good amount. its just a few things ive noticed and i dont think its fair that you are declaring him the winner even before you see the other pics because even if there is a better one you will doubtfully change your mind.

not sure bout entering mine atm. i will have new pics this friday but ill prolly just enter before that.
    I really like the smoke behind the car....and the pic was really clear......
    I havent said that its an awesome pic, but the quality is very good..... even though he didnt used the maximum resolution.....
    But so bad that the front of the car is in the shadow....and he cut off the front of the car
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Sl55kleeman said someone else should make the comp this week because he wouldn't be here so here I go.
    Sorry Carlover. My net disconnected and I had quite a lot going on over here so I couldn't reach you guys.It wasn't intentional.

No it didn't. 800 is more then 600.
    577x800
    800x600

i think we can let a young one get away with this kind of little mistake... but only once...

chill bud, you could find something wrong with every single picture anyone has ever entered in the 16 comps. You take this way to seriously, it's an online picture comp with no prizes, not a freakin art gallery entry. How can u compare this comp to a trial? Thats just stupid. And by the way, its LUCAS not LOUCAS.

Unknown, maybe lotus (cant remember, and its hard to tell from this pic.),
    16/01/05,
    Autosport,
    Samsung
    Last edited by UCR; 02-08-2005 at 01:42 PM.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Sorry Carlover. My net disconnected and I had quite a lot going on over here so I couldn't reach you guys.It wasn't intentional.
    No problem. It doesn't really matter to me.

RENAULT megane coupé 16v competition
    06/02/05,
    val of vienne track
    Sony dsc p72
    'www.sl55creationweb.com

2005 Carlsson SLK
    allout exotics party - Palm Beach, FL
    January 21, 2005
    Canon 20D (4 sec. exp./no flash)
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Thread Information