cabriolet
    4 cam
    4 choke

thats it who ever gets the most wins the challenge
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I know pretty much all of these, but it will take a couple of essays worth of posting to define them all... there's no way I've got enough enthusiasm to fulfill your request

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I know pretty much all of these, but it will take a couple of essays worth of posting to define them all... there's no way I've got enough enthusiasm to fulfill your request
    Same for me... the question is who would?
    40 OZ. to freedom.

I think its fair to say lets c you to bother define them all. All of those are fairly common knowledge.
    Performance can Seduce

Quote Originally Posted by Alfahollic
    I think its fair to say lets c you to bother define them all. All of those are fairly common knowledge.
    well lets just say this would seperate the men fron the boys
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    well lets just say this would seperate the men fron the boys
    Well, it's way too much effort. If you want to try to seperate the "men" from the "boys", just try looking around the forums I'm confident that I can name almost all of these, but I'm not going to spend three hours properly defining them

Maybe just post one per week

idk about men from the boys -- how about the WOMEN from the Whips... idk if all of these are rite but i think most of them are...

4wd -- Real 4WD means having hubs up front with a transfer case (usually) (4WD means you have TWO WHEELS DRIVING)

4ws -- (Four Wheel Steering) A mechanism that allows the rear wheels to steer.

abs --A braking system that senses when any of the wheels have locked up, or are about to, and automatically reduces the braking forces to keep the wheels rolling, such a system can control all four wheels or only two.

bhp -- (Brake Horsepower) The measure of an engine's horsepower without the loss in power caused by the gearbox, generator, differential, water pump and other auxiliaries. The actual horsepower delivered to the driving wheels is less.

esp -- (Electronic Stabilization Program) An antilock braking system that uses computer control to keep a vehicle on the intended course

oversteer -- A situation that occurs when the rear wheels contribute to steering the vehicle more in a given direction. This often occurs under hard braking while turning

understeer -- Understeer occurs when the front wheels provide less steering than desired in a given direction. Usually the front wheels have lost adhesion and cannot steer effectively

supercharger -- An air compressor used to force more air into an engine than it can inhale on its own.

traction control -- A general term for limiting wheel slip under acceleration. Traction control systems usually apply brakes and reduce throttle when wheel slip is detected.

coupe -- A closed car with two side doors and less than 33 cubic feet of rear interior volume, according to measurements based on SAE standard J1100.

fastback -- A car that has an unbroken curved line from the top of the roof to the rear bumper as opposed to a drop in the line for a near-vertical rear window.

gt -- From the Italian Gran Turismo. A car combining sedan and sports car features in which engineering is the dominant feature. Combines excellent road handling qualities with relative comfort. Made in two- and four-seaters with the rear seats always cramped.

roadster -- A description of a two-seater open car of sporty appearance with side curtains, instead of roll-up windows.

saloon -- A British term for sedan

sill -- [1] A longitudinal box-section member of the body shell at floor level, located below the doors.
    [2] A box-section crossmember just below the lower edge of the trunklid (when closed).

spider -- a light two-seater car. In the 1950s the word was revived by some Italian manufacturers for an open two seater sports car

strake -- put simplily...metal plating

facia -- A front protective panel.

barchetta -- Italian term for a roadster.

skirt -- A cover for various parts

eddy -- eddy currents:
    Induced currents flowing in a core. -- not sure if that's the same thing or not but i gave it a shot

cabriolet -- Another term for a convertible. European manufacturers often call convertible models Cabriolets or Cabrios.

4 cam -- An eccentric (off-center) lobe or projection on a rotating shaft; used to transmit a motion at a predetermined time during the rotation of the shaft.

4 choke -- A temporary restriction in a carburetor throat that reduces the flow of air and enriches the fuel-air mixture to aid in starting the engine.

shouldnt spider be spelled SPYDER?
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

Congrats on the survey I guess, but this thread is 14 months old.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

whoa! kill it now
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

Quote Originally Posted by Dana0825

barchetta -- Italian term for a roadster.

isn't "barchetta" just Italian for "little boat"? I only know the word from Fiat

yes that's what it means in Italian but that's what they meant by it -- and idc if it's old lol i went to the last page and found something to do for the hell of it lol and yes it used to b spelled Spider but now it is Spyder... y they switched idk all i rememer reading is that they changed it in like the early 60's or somethin like that lol

Thread Information