Thread: Porsche 911 (997) Turbo Cabriolet?

Porsche 911 (997) Turbo Cabriolet?

Any talk of a 2006 Turbo Cab. version of the 911 (997)? Would this be an AWD as before?

no talk as of yet. they will probably make one sometime in the next few years. they need to pump out the turbo, GT3 and GT2 before they think of doing the convertible
    halo 2 - november 9

Quote Originally Posted by danno
    no talk as of yet. they will probably make one sometime in the next few years. they need to pump out the turbo, GT3 and GT2 before they think of doing the convertible
    why? they could release them in any order surely

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    it would make sense to release the GT3/2 first, seeing as the market for a convertible turbo is probably smaller than the market for race spec versions.

they released them in that order with 996 so i see no reason to change it.
    halo 2 - november 9

erm... it would make sense to release the turbo before the turbo cab dont you all think?

in the last 2 generations the turbo followd 2-3 years after the new carrera models.

the turbo cab came out 3-4 years after the turbo in the last 996 gen. so i would not expect the cab anytime soon. i do expect to see some spy shots of the new 997 turbo sometime later this year.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    you are quite right. but i think with new C6R and the DBR9 they might get the gt3 and gt2 out more quickly in order to maintain they dominance.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Danno,

The turbo convertible market may indeed be small, but I can confirm that there is a demand at least for one!

@ al pettee. Why the hell do you keep looking for scoops on secret cars you have heard rumours about?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

And when porsche release it, how many power will the engine have??? I expect for 500 bhp, but after all, porsche don´t need a lot of power to beat his rivals.
    Live and let die

i think the 911 turbo is gunna be the same as last year. I think porsche is going to keep the 996 body......but i am not sure
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

6'bore,

Please keep this a civilized forum, no 4-letter stuff.

www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articled=101318 911 (I think an adaptation of the 997 iteration) turbo pics and description, possibly in U.S. in early 2006 per the comments, supposedly AWD (I need that for winter driving where I'm from).

Quote Originally Posted by Al Pettee
    6'bore,

Please keep this a civilized forum, no 4-letter stuff.

www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articled=101318 911 (I think an adaptation of the 997 iteration) turbo pics and description, possibly in U.S. in early 2006 per the comments, supposedly AWD (I need that for winter driving where I'm from).

Huh? where the hell did I use a four letter word. And I don't think I need some idiot coming in here and telling me to keep this forum clean
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Huh? where the hell did I use a four letter word. And I don't think I need some idiot coming in here and telling me to keep this forum clean
    i can only assume he's referring to the use of the world "hell"

take no notice, hes a n00b
    halo 2 - november 9

Thread Information