Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler ME Four-Twelve Prototype

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloGTR
    This thing will probably remain a concept.
    Those performance figures are simular to that of the McLaren F1 LM.
    I really hope not
    40 OZ. to freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    SL will be so happy with that But why r u saying that ??
    why should i be happy??!!!
    this car is just something like another:Lotecs(Sirius,C1000) and pagani zonda,and........
    the lotec sirius is even stronger:

General Information
    Curb Weight: 2822 lbs
    Layout: Mid-Engine/RWD
    Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
    Engine
    Type: Twin-Turbo V12
    Displacement: 5987 cc
    Horsepower: 1334 bhp @ 6300 rpm
    Torque: 959 lb-ft @ 3400 rpm
    Performance
    0-60 mph: 3.7 sec
    Top Speed: est 249 mph

Picture:

Cause...

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    SL will be so happy with that But why r u saying that ??
    It's true, Chrysler didn't really put anything into this car did they? I mean the whole drive train is AMG equipment. Hell, did they even call for this thing to be designed or did they get the order from MB? I wonder if they at least had their own styling guys work on it.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

im sure chrysler had a lot to do in the design...since benz was still working on the slr at the time...though it seems amg gave them help in the engine department since i think this would be chryslers first v12.
    Last edited by bum-man; 01-07-2004 at 06:59 PM.
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloGTR
    This thing will probably remain a concept.
    Those performance figures are simular to that of the McLaren F1 LM.
    no they've already built a prototype, and its likely that it will be in production they say
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

SL- WIth so much power it still take 3.7 to hit 60? I believe it is 2.9, though I can't be sure either. (is is less than 3000 pounds)

Really nice engine, but the design is too "retro," if you will. I would prefer a Bugatti over this anyday, as it is faster too. This car calims to "blow away an Enzo or Porsche GT3," but cmon, with so much power that's expected. It can't be compared to any cars today with the exception of the 1001 hp beast (or 987 for us US folk, detuned from 1200) the Bugatti EB 16/4 Veyron, which has 300 somewhat less horsepower, and about 150 (correct me if I am wrong) lb ft less torque, making it quite less powerful than the new Chrysler. Yet the Bugatti is able to accelarate more than this new concept. How? Probably its four turbochargers, though of course I can't be certain. I really can't wait to see the Bugatti and Chrysler go head to head, and I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for such a comparison.

yes but the bugatti is a heavy car and is said to handle like a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by GT500
    SL- WIth so much power it still take 3.7 to hit 60? I believe it is 2.9, though I can't be sure either. (is is less than 3000 pounds)

Really nice engine, but the design is too "retro," if you will. I would prefer a Bugatti over this anyday, as it is faster too. This car calims to "blow away an Enzo or Porsche GT3," but cmon, with so much power that's expected. It can't be compared to any cars today with the exception of the 1001 hp beast (or 987 for us US folk, detuned from 1200) the Bugatti EB 16/4 Veyron, which has 300 somewhat less horsepower, and about 150 (correct me if I am wrong) lb ft less torque, making it quite less powerful than the new Chrysler. Yet the Bugatti is able to accelarate more than this new concept. How? Probably its four turbochargers, though of course I can't be certain. I really can't wait to see the Bugatti and Chrysler go head to head, and I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for such a comparison.
    not quite alone the bugatti

its beter then the veyron
    the koenigsegg cc is very close third, and the acceleration stats are simular to those of a mclaren f1 lm
    buth it is faster
    it has opponents, buth if these stats are true , and it IS turning as good as the f1 lm, its the best car i've ever noticed

10 minutes from Lingenfelter's... aren't you jealous?
    Autoweek says that it is more of a prototype than a concept.

so that means quite possibly they will make it~!!!

Hey lads!
    the chrysler is a great car, must be perfectly built but jus doenst have the x factor, its a chrysler, thats there main problem. The enzo and Porsche GT will do better in the long run. Dont get me wrong the design of it is beautiful, its a very powerful car, i wuld go for the Maclaren LM anyday, that is the God of cars

so is my crossfire but it's still a great car

Quote Originally Posted by more-boost1555
    Hell, did they even call for this thing to be designed or did they get the order from MB?
    Judging by that hideously huge Chrysler emblem on the nose, I wouldn't be surprised if Chrysler did the styling. According to the Autoweek article, it's really only a Chrysler in name. Everything of substance appears to have come from AMG, and I bet Pagani had a hand in the body/chassis.

I love it i love it i love it i love it i love it i love it

that one hell of a chrysler!!! it looks so brutal
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

Smile

[FONT=Times New Roman]
    Quote Originally Posted by bum-man
    Goodbye Enzo, Porsche GT, and Veyron!
    jmh1922-great balls of fire,this one is for me!
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 02-17-2004 at 09:25 PM.

Thread Information