Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enjoy some beer while you're cussing out your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I disagree, all of the PCs I've owned have given me grief in one way or another. Hardware and sofware problems, mainly Windows as far as software goes. I've been using Macs for four years now and have never ever had a hardware problem and one software glitch. I'll stick with Apple
    Why not, they are only twice the price. I work in the printing industry where the default for all graphics people is Macs. It is tiresome. However I have just had my home PC power supply take out my mother board, processor, hard drive and anythingelse that got in its way so I am only now getting over that. Still $550 Aus got me a 2.8 processor, new mother board, 80g hd, new vid card (sweet) and power supply so I am now effectivel using a new computer. I dont think Macs are that cheap to repair. By the way I run XP and apart form the afore mentioned hardware disaster, have never had a problem with the OS.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    It's a valid choice.
    No problems with different manufacturers bits being incopmatible and less reliable than the 'expensive' ones.
    No problesm with different software from different suppliers beign incompativle and less raliable thean the 'expensive' ones.
    BUT, when you can get MUCH more power and performance and features for a LOT less money it does attract another type of buyer/user. Just as LINUX does for going even further along the cheaper route.
    Apple just have a major issue now as more applications start using 3 button mice

You can use just normal mice with them I think.

lol awesome idea for adversiteing, images when every error occured that add came up. BE CANADIAN DRINK BEER , (i know i shouldn;t be saying this cuz i'm under age..........but hey!)
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Alien Spammers

I love this site!

Edit: I'm gonna watch this clock until it finnaly ends.
    Last edited by carlover; 02-11-2005 at 07:57 PM.

It's a valid choice.
    No problems with different manufacturers bits being incopmatible and less reliable than the 'expensive' ones.
    No problesm with different software from different suppliers beign incompativle and less raliable thean the 'expensive' ones.
    BUT, when you can get MUCH more power and performance and features for a LOT less money it does attract another type of buyer/user. Just as LINUX does for going even further along the cheaper route.
    I appreciate your comments since you know as much about computers as you do about cars Peter

Apple just have a major issue now as more applications start using 3 button mice
    I have a fully funtional 3 boton mouse on my Mac BTW.
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 02-11-2005 at 07:52 PM.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Why not, they are only twice the price. I work in the printing industry where the default for all graphics people is Macs. It is tiresome. However I have just had my home PC power supply take out my mother board, processor, hard drive and anythingelse that got in its way so I am only now getting over that. Still $550 Aus got me a 2.8 processor, new mother board, 80g hd, new vid card (sweet) and power supply so I am now effectivel using a new computer. I dont think Macs are that cheap to repair. By the way I run XP and apart form the afore mentioned hardware disaster, have never had a problem with the OS.
    The price is more than worth it, and since I've never had to repair anything on my Mac, in the long run; I've spent less than you have on repairs in the last 4 years.

XP is the most stable OS Microsoft has ever made true, it should give you far fewer problems than older versions. I use Mac OS X and it's incredibly stable, it's based on UNIX BTW. If you ever have a chance to get a Mac, do it, you won't regret it
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I have a fully funtional 3 boton mouse on my Mac BTW.
    At last
    Amazes me that Apple still sell with the on-button.
    So are all the apps 3-button enabled or just some ?

Things aren't as clear cut as Apple makes out as the average for the PCs is severly skedwed by the cheap and nasty manufacturers. If the "best" were taken - ie assume only ONE PC maker ( after all there is only on Apple ) it's not as clear cut. See these charts and look at the BEST PC suppliers

Great machines though, I LOVE their design but lack of "tweakability" is a bummer. If I want a UNIX-OS I go Linux and get to tweak EVERYTHING for maximum performacne ( But non-techies shoudl still keep clear of Linux IMHO )
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 02-12-2005 at 05:28 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

At last
    Amazes me that Apple still sell with the on-button.
    So are all the apps 3-button enabled or just some ?

Things aren't as clear cut as Apple makes out as the average for the PCs is severly skedwed by the cheap and nasty manufacturers. If the "best" were taken - ie assume only ONE PC maker ( after all there is only on Apple ) it's not as clear cut. See these charts and look at the BEST PC suppliers

Great machines though, I LOVE their design but lack of "tweakability" is a bummer. If I want a UNIX-OS I go Linux and get to tweak EVERYTHING for maximum performacne ( But non-techies shoudl still keep clear of Linux IMHO )
    Interesting chart Peter, thanks for posting it My 3 botton mouse (well actually 5 botton since I have 2 small botons on the side that have the same function as the "back" and "forward" botons you have on your browsers) works fine in Microsoft Office for Mac OS X, which is what I mainly use my computer for. But I've heard it works great with PS and many other apps.

Apple still makes the one botton mouse because it's one of Macs strong points, simplicity of use. They even make a wireless Mac mouse now. But if a person wants a more "complete" mouse, they are easy and cheap to get.

If you wanna play around with UNIX, you log in as root and there you have it! You can tweak the OS to your liking. I'm not too familiar with LINUX yet so I haven't done it myself.

I'm not like other Mac users that hate everything that Microsoft makes. As you'll notice I use MS Office for Mac and even my mouse is MS. I just like knowing my computer will work every time I turn it on. I mentioned all this just in case someone thought I was a MS basher
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 02-12-2005 at 08:14 PM.

The MAC experience

yeah its old, what
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    The MAC experience

yeah its old, what
    Link down Which one is it, if it's old likely seen it
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    The MAC experience

yeah its old, what
    Rofl. Havn't seen that one. I liked it when he drop-kicked the mac.

Thread Information