Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Civic Si Concept:

The New Civic Si Concept:

Here it is. I don't know much, but I'm guessing that with Honda's new concept to production idea going on, you can pretty much expect that this will be what the production version will look like, or at least very close to. I expect the next civic to be powered by a 150 to 160 horsepower engine, and maybe even a 210 horse variant for the Si Hatchback (Called Si-R in Canada). This engine would likely come from the Acura RSX Type-S although I expect that within a year after the new Civic Debuts, there will also be a new RSX. So here it is, in all it's funky glory.

http://www.carpictures.com/vehicles/...05B9F324110364

If you find the text to small to read, go to "view" on your toolbar, "text size", and make it medium.

Lately Honda's concepts are a good idea of the production version, just "de-tunerize" it a bit, that's what it will look like. I like it, I think Honda's decided against doing the Si as a hatch again, pix of the new Civic hatch are much different, very egg-shaped, like a modern Fuego in some respects.

I like this design for what it is, but the rear spoiler needs to go. It looks good as an aftermarket add-on, but it doesn't work on this as an original concept. I'm tired of the black hood/roof trend. The nose looks pinched like a modern Celica, sides are slab according to latest trends, roofline is smooth but uncharacteristic. In other words, it won't offend anyone, and it will appeal to many. It's a smart design.

Quote Originally Posted by stealth
    If you find the text to small to read, go to "view" on your toolbar, "text size", and make it medium.
    Shortcut: hold control and scroll the mouse wheel up or down to change the text size. I believe holding control and using page up/page down works too.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Is that a real carbonfiber hood?

Not a bad looking car, but it screams "boy racer." If they subtled it down a bit (get rid of the rice hood, blacked out lights, yellow fog lights, and drift looking spoiler) it would look alot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks

Not a bad looking car, but it screams "boy racer." If they subtled it down a bit (get rid of the rice hood, blacked out lights, yellow fog lights, and drift looking spoiler) it would look alot better.
    That'll pretty much be the street version. Honda usually doesn't change much from concept to final production, and those are the things that usually are taken off. And 1" smaller wheels.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

um it might just be me but was there another thread on the same car earlier....?
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks

Nop, doesn't look like it, it doesn't have that cloth texture that those kind of materials have, it looks like a plain black painted bonnet, wich, in my opinion, looks good, today's cars shoulf have more two tone colours.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

sleepy hollow (not really, but it might as well be)
    honda odyssey meets accord euro meets integra type s
    blah.

I think it's just fat. Thats all. It needs to be slim looking.

Elswick, England (Home of the world famous Bonds' Ice Cream!)
    I reckon its pretty cool, nowhere near as good looking as the current civic, but still pretty cool.
    UCP's No.1 Koenigsegg & Aston Martin fan!
    UCP's Biggest Feeder fan!

kinda integra like
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

its nice. its got the same engine (im assuming) as the current rsx type s. it reminds me of a cross between the scion tc and the tsx. sexy if you ask me.

much better than the soap bar/sad gerbil look of the current si
    stereotonin

It seems like an improvment over the previous Si body styling. In recent years I've disliked the body styling of the Si but this one seems... better. I just don't especially like that it's front wheel drive, but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlandFC
    It seems like an improvment over the previous Si body styling. In recent years I've disliked the body styling of the Si but this one seems... better. I just don't especially like that it's front wheel drive, but thats just me.
    Heh, I dont think aby body likes that its FWD, but its an econobox, what do you expect?

Thread Information