Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Photography Comp 17

the 3.2 MP camera i used couldnt do anything with exposure and apeture...it was so old all u could do is take a pics with flash.

Model car of a Lamborghini Gallardo
    Taken: February 12,2005
    Taken with: Hp 850 Photosmart.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~~~~~Porsche~~~~~

oh well if that was the case yea theres nothing to do about that. the viper pic is still, imo, kinda crap. if u cant make it better just dont use that pic, thats just my opinion. w/e. lets just get back to the comp.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    oh well if that was the case yea theres nothing to do about that. the viper pic is still, imo, kinda crap. if u cant make it better just dont use that pic, thats just my opinion. w/e. lets just get back to the comp.
    Im sorry but maybe you should get your eyes checked... The glare in the picture is just how it looks in real life. And why wouldent i enter it if it wasnt the picture that i thought was best? seriously why would you even think of saying something like well your picture is crap and you shouldentve of used it when you are using a shot like yours? have you seen the picture that you are submiting? what does that have that mine doesnt? I have a beautiful colorful background with a beautiful car. although it may not be completely crisp (like a more expensive uptodate camera) but it still has alot to offer when compared to your car show cutoff rear of an even more expensive car than mine going back to oh so debated "crap pic with nice car = more votes" theory that you talked about before..
    ________
    Honda HA-420 HondaJet specifications
    Last edited by Rebirth of Xar; 01-31-2011 at 12:14 AM.

when did i talk about glare? lol. ITS BLURRY!!! mine is crisp, it has nice clean colors, shows good detail and has a nice depth of field. YOU CANT BLAME CRISPNESS IN THIS CASE ON THE CAMERA. even if you think you can, its still not a clean looking image. if you think thats the best you have go ahead and enter it. im just voicing an opinion.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Dealing with all of this, let's not critique each other's pictures. Xar never made fun of anyone, and he submitted his favorite picture, in compliance with the comp rules. Blame the people that voted for him.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    when did i talk about glare? lol. ITS BLURRY!!! mine is crisp, it has nice clean colors, shows good detail and has a nice depth of field. YOU CANT BLAME CRISPNESS IN THIS CASE ON THE CAMERA. even if you think you can, its still not a clean looking image. if you think thats the best you have go ahead and enter it. im just voicing an opinion.
    it may be crisp but you have zero background and a cut off tail light with a dark and extremely blurry background ok i guess you win this argument.. thats why yours is such a perfect shot.
    ________
    volcano classic vaporizer
    Last edited by Rebirth of Xar; 01-31-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    Rebirth your pictures are excellent do you have some from alfa romeo or aston martin of the sixties please?
    I have some at a race track, not in the city if you want them.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Xars Bullshit

Xar man, you know that if the last comp was based only on the image, I would have won by a landslide. I'm not the best photographer nor am I claiming to be, but I just question this comp when people vote for you NO MATTER WHAT. Even if it is a shit pic of a nice car, people bow down to you like you are the next Ron Kimball. Your ego is also something that needs some work, I myself have not had much respect for you because you are frankly a flamboyant showoff. Even in the end of your post "heres another controversial win" like honestly man....thats not cool. I have noticed this since the begging and have kept my mouth shut, but this shit has gone on for too long.

Anyways, back on topic....here is my pic

Lamborghini Murcielago
    NIKON COOLPIX 8800
    Lamborghini Toronto
    February 1st 2005

High Res

Entry Res
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Titanboy_24; 02-18-2005 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanboy_24
    "heres another controversial win"
    i never said that i said heres to another controversial win as in the jaguar pic.. ive had other wins when people have complained about the same thing thats why i said it.

I may seem flamboyant but thats because i want as much exposure as I can possibly get because i want people to see my pictures. why else would i submit pictures to websites and post up links to my pictures? I cant be liked by everyone but it certainly wont make me look at you differently or make me act differently towards you. and if you dont like me topics you certainly dont have to click on them if you dont want to.
    ________
    mflb

That must suck to have everyone complaining every time you win...but just the fact that people are complaining, maby that should tell you something. As for exposure, I post my pics everywhere too and for the same reason. This has NOTHING AT ALL to do with that, this has to do with how you win comps regardless of the photo you submit, and brag about it none the less.
    Last edited by Titanboy_24; 02-14-2005 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanboy_24
    ...just the fact that people are complaining, maby that should tell you something
    what?
    how am i the one thats doing something wrong if i take a picture, like it enough to enter it in a picture comp and win? Its not like I get voted on just by my name. People vote because they like the pics nothing else.
    its not like i win every comp. like i said before i enter the pics i consider my best if i have a good picture of a MB I still submit it. It just depends on what I see out.
    ________
    Toyota Crown Comfort picture

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth of Xar
    Its not like I get voted on just by my name
    I really question this sometimes...but I am just voicing the opinion of me and some other members. Good luck this week, no hard feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    Rebirth your pictures are excellent do you have some from alfa romeo or aston martin of the sixties please?
    There are a vast amount of such pictures in various places on this site, go and do a search. If you have any very special request let us know.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I have been asleep during most of the previous discussions, but I would like to make a couple of points.

Yes you can make pretty good pictures with a 3.2 camera. If I would still be using a normal non-digital camera, I would not hesitate to scan slides or negatives. Many of the pics I have been putting on the forum were made like that and that's how the old pictures of UCP were made.

And no, my criticism (and I am sure the same goes for Wouter's) was not directed at RoX personally, as somebody else already mentioned, it is not his fault that many people liked his picture. In fact I never had any contacts with RoX so I am absolutely neutral. I have been critical about the picture itself, and implicitly then about the people who voted for it.

There is always room for discussion whether a picture is meeting artistique standards, which by their very nature are subjective, however when a picture has severe technical flaws, then it has to be artistically very good to overcome those. Here that was not the case and hence my negative comments on the pic, (and again implicitly on those who voted for it).
    Last edited by henk4; 02-15-2005 at 01:25 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information