Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Photography Comp 17

A lot of talk but no more pictures
    'www.sl55creationweb.com

Quote Originally Posted by sl55kleemann
    A lot of talk but no more pictures
    sorry, I already posted, hope you can make it to Retromobile, would give subjects for years of photo competitions.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Dealing with all of this, let's not critique each other's pictures. Xar never made fun of anyone, and he submitted his favorite picture, in compliance with the comp rules. Blame the people that voted for him.

That's how I feel, and that's why I never took my critics too far, because I kenw the photographers are the ones who come out complaining. But it's not their fault. UCR, for example, a posted pics for some times, just to be fun, They were horrible but, then again, noone was forced to vote for him.
    He does his best, and it's nice enough allthough somtimes we knew the way to do it better. An i guess he knows to, after analising the pic at home.
    I have an 1000€ 8mp camera but I don't understand nothing about photography. I'm still practising and I don't have many time left for that. So i just keep trying... I took some really goo d pics too with a P72.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    im debating over whether i should buy a new high quality camera or a new cell phone.. either a $400 phone or a $500 camera.. im gonna start hunting ebay to see what i can find..
    ________
    extreme q
    Last edited by Rebirth of Xar; 01-31-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth of Xar
    im debating over whether i should buy a new high quality camera or a new cell phone.. either a $400 phone or a $500 camera.. im gonna start hunting ebay to see what i can find..
    There are also manuals about on :How to photograph cars.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It's not as much the quality of the camera that makes the picture, but the photographer. Both of your shots in this thread are difficult because of the poor lighting, which is something that's not going to change wether you use a $250 camera or a $2500 camera. If you take a look at rob's picture in the previous competition thread, you'll see what different settings can do; use a tripod and longer shutter times, that'll make a lot of difference in low light.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

With mobile phones, more complexity only makes for worst usability...
    I've changed phone recently for one of these camera things. I don't like it very much. I wish I hadn't given my previous to my girlfriend. It was very small and light compared to this. And in the end, a phone will always end up worthing less than 50 dollars. Go for the camera.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

ill state again that my arguments were more like an appeal to the voters than an attack on xar, because, of course, he cant help that people vote for him. but then i had to respond to some posts by xar and others and so thats why it looked as tho i was blaming him.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    i just bought that book by James Mann called how to photograph cars. i also got 'understanding exposure' by bryan peterson, which i think is a must read for a new photographer.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    i just bought that book by James Mann called how to photograph cars.
    I ordered that book off Amazon but it hasn't come yet. Is it good? It better be. I spent 22$ on it.

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    yea I wanna see you walk around NYC like an idiot with a tripod waiting at lights for cars to pass by then have trouble taking the picture because the car doesnt react like you had thought it would... photographing cars in New York isnt easy. I seriously cant be bothered with a tripod.. and as to why i try these shots? Im limited to the options that I have infront of me. I must fit certain angles of the car and also incorporate enough of the background in the little time that the car is still otherwise the shot will be too blurry. As for the settings on the camera there are constant light changes in the area ranging from street to street. Sometimes the cars appear when you least expect it and dont have an opportunity to change the settings. I try to always have the best common setting that will tend to work best with the amount of light that most of the streets i will be walking on will have.
    ________
    YSR80
    Last edited by Rebirth of Xar; 01-31-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    I ordered that book off Amazon but it hasn't come yet. Is it good? It better be. I spent 22$ on it.
    yea i think it was worth 22 dollars. i learned a few techniques i hadnt known before.

SPH ferrari, is the book good? I might go buy it if its worth it, since im just staring photography and really want to learn.
    ~~~~~Porsche~~~~~

you should buy "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. great read and very helpful/informative. i suggest that over "How to Photograph Cars" but theyre both nice.

Ok thanks, i think ill pick up both books.
    ~~~~~Porsche~~~~~

yea I wanna see you walk around NYC like an idiot with a tripod waiting at lights for cars to pass by then have trouble taking the picture because the car doesnt react like you had thought it would... photographing cars in New York isnt easy. I seriously cant be bothered with a tripod.. and as to why i try these shots? Im limited to the options that I have infront of me. I must fit certain angles of the car and also incorporate enough of the background in the little time that the car is still otherwise the shot will be too blurry. As for the settings on the camera there are constant light changes in the area ranging from street to street. Sometimes the cars appear when you least expect it and dont have an opportunity to change the settings. I try to always have the best common setting that will tend to work best with the amount of light that most of the streets i will be walking on will have.
    I never mentioned a tripod but as you managed to get two different pictures of the Jag, it was obviously parked there, so it could have helped if you happened to have one with you. Was it there for a foto shoot, because what strikes me is that people are hardly paying attention to the car, which probably would have been the case if it had been surrounded by photographers. Anyway few people would recognise it for what it is, because it looks so much like an Aston adn all Astons look the same these days

Thread Information