Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photography Sub-forum?

Photography Sub-forum?

I was thinking earlier, whilst reading the latest debate in the photography comp, is there any reason why we don't specifically have a photography sub-forum? I know it sounds simplistic, bearing in mind that a large proportion of the site and forums are dedicated to photographs of cars, but I thought more specifically home photography, equipment queries, photo comps, critique requests etc, all things that have cropped up at some point.

It seems to me that amateur photography is a growing hobby, one that I personally am developing an interest in. Since the chopppers have their own sub-forum, why not add one for the photographers; since there's clearly just as many of them.

Yeah .. I was wondering that. Even though I dont have a camera Im gonna be getting a Canon A85 for my birthday so ill be interested then. I use my sisters camera which basically does the same as the A85 .. I love taking action shots. I think it'd be quite stupid not to have a photography sub with the amount of threads we get .. and having a sub forum can only make people wanna take part

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Yeah .. I was wondering that. Even though I dont have a camera Im gonna be getting a Canon A85 for my birthday so ill be interested then. I use my sisters camera which basically does the same as the A85 .. I love taking action shots. I think it'd be quite stupid not to have a photography sub with the amount of threads we get .. and having a sub forum can only make people wanna take part
    I like photography, but not too much. My digi is over 3 years old... and cost around 400-500 at the time, so it's nothing great, but descent overall. Pretty sure its an Olympus C-3200.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I like photography, but not too much. My digi is over 3 years old... and cost around 400-500 at the time, so it's nothing great, but descent overall. Pretty sure its an Olympus C-3200.
    I just like it as a hobby .. not even my largest hobby really.

I'm not really all that into photography myself, it was just a suggestion really. I'm currently stuck in a situation where I really want to learn more and get into it, but don't want to spend any more money on a camera until I've learnt a bit more and can put it to good use.

YES! good idea. i really would like to see this happen. that would be a great subforum. WOUTER PLEASE make this.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Photography is a very big hobby of mine. I have a Canon EOS 300D - Digital SLR. Hoping to get some good car pics at the next show I go to. Would love a forum here I can post them to.
    UCP's MR2 Turbo Guru

I think if anyone has a specific photography question they woudl be best suited finding a photography site and forum to ask in.
    Asking only in UCP is a little limiting on the skills and experience around - a few dozen at best ?
    Hard to see enough interest to support a whole forum.
    Multimedia is there for it and I think as a car forum it's best if cars are posted in their relevant forums where possible.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I think if anyone has a specific photography question they woudl be best suited finding a photography site and forum to ask in.
    Asking only in UCP is a little limiting on the skills and experience around - a few dozen at best ?
    Hard to see enough interest to support a whole forum.
    Multimedia is there for it and I think as a car forum it's best if cars are posted in their relevant forums where possible.
    Good point I suppose .. might be a bit like taking the C out of UCP .. Photography? Cars? Think Ill take cars

...but what about photography of cars There's plenty of already made pictures out there, but maybe it would be fun to see what the members can come up with. Many younger members might feel they want to take up something like that as a future career, so wouldn't this be a good place to get a feel for it with some constructive help and advice?
    UCP's MR2 Turbo Guru

It might be good to have a dedicated area where people could give hints and tips, but that depends on there being people to dispense hints and tips.
    Thanks for all the fish

As with all previous requests for forums and sub-forums.

First use the forums available and IF there is then a lot of traffic a forum/sub-forum can be considered.

We're NOT going to make forums just for the hell of it or because this week there's a peal.

And on the cars front, it woudl be pretty useless if all posts showing car photographs were all in one forum, woudlnt' it So don't see the point of a photography forum other than to ask advice. As that has already been done quite successfully with a few threads in the forums I still struggle to see why we want the seperation.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Itll turn like Race sim central .. they have so many subforums its scary.

I would love that! I love taking pictures and it is what I want to do for the rest of my life. So that would rock.

This would be just like having a chop forum (Which we do ofcourse) so I say we should go for it. It'd be great for giving tips in, asking questions about photography, good angles to take pics of cars from, etc.

Thread Information