Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New car ideas......

New car ideas......

Well, my dad just got a new job, he and i are going to go serching for a new car tomorrow and the days hat follow.

He really likes the FD RX7 although seeing as his company will probably not like the mantinance that comes with it, So that ir ruled out.

His last car @ his last company was a Subaru Legacy GTB wagon, Yep, the Twin Turbo model.....280bhp.............so i would like to test some things similar, i dont want to go to much down the scale, like under 200bhp, if possible.

I am going to get him to test drive the Mazda RX8, and if he doesnt want to im gonna bully him into it .........I like being bigger than my dad

The company apparentyl mentioned 3.2L, but that doesnt mean much, apart from a large capacity engine is not out of the idea.

We, will most probably testdrive a Falcon XR6T and An XR8, although an XR8 may be out of the ball park we are looking in.

If you have any ideas of cars that we may want to test drive just post away, and as we test them i'll give a small analysis or whatever on each one.

*The car has to seat 4 prople comfortably(thats why i'm thinking RX8)
    *Be powerful(more of my likings, although mad dad would like it too)
    *Look good
    * Preferably not FWD, lets face it, most of the FWD cars are used for grans shopping runs!!! So 4wd or RWD would be great.

Those are basic outlines, so there is alot of room to move around

Thanks for any info and help.

Cheers

base model jag? my dads in the same situation, looking at audi's etc

I dunno how much they are in brisbane, but i thought Jags were expencive, plus thar arn't very good performance wise with all tha weight.

What price range? how bout the STi, =D it seats everyone nice n comfy =P

Quote Originally Posted by staryknight
    What price range? how bout the STi, =D it seats everyone nice n comfy =P
    We havn't been given a price range, but you know not too crazy. I'd say not too much over $50,000NZD

I was thinking that too, the STI, that could be worth a test drive, could be a bit to pricey tho. we'll see tho.

a subaru 3.0L liberty? supposed to be audi-rivalling in ride/performance etc

oh, and another thing, it doesn't have to be new!!! so we could probably go 5years back if we wanted, that opens it up a bit. Somthing.....Luxury Sports!

audi A6? jag xj6? previous generation BMW's?

How about a VW Passat? A V6 4-motion (4wd one) could be pretty sweet. Used one should be under 50 grand.

I would stay away from the mazda RX8. THe fuel consumption is very poor and there is no torque what so ever. To get the full potential of the power, you need to keep it above 5000 rpm, which makes the fuel consumtion even worse
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Audi A4s are quite nice .. is that in your range? Could get a cabriolet (but you'll look like Hitler sitting in the back of it

Saabs are good too .. a friends dad has a Saab .. very comfy

IF you have them over there the Nissan 350Z. It is a very popular seller and Evo magazine thinks very highly of it. If you do not have the 350Z maybe a S2000 but that also has no torque so i have no idea.

Did New Zealand get any .:R32's? 3.2L VR6 + intercooled turbo = 350awhp+. They sit 4 relatively comfortably. Infiniti G35- sedan or coupe- are very good choices. Same goes for the Audi A4 Quattro, or S4 if he can swing it.

I would stay away from the mazda RX8. THe fuel consumption is very poor and there is no torque what so ever. To get the full potential of the power, you need to keep it above 5000 rpm, which makes the fuel consumtion even worse
    Have you ever driven the RX8? Or are you bench-racing from what you've read? The car's got plenty of torque from about 3000 on, and it comes on very linear. Under 3000, it struggles a little bit, but it's easy to adapt to. Fuel mileage isn't great, but if you're looking at cars in that price range, does it really matter?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    That and the rx-8 DOES NOT seat four normal people, the back is small and the roof in the back is low. its for kids and groceries.
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Quote Originally Posted by kko
    That and the rx-8 DOES NOT seat four normal people, the back is small and the roof in the back is low. its for kids and groceries.
    still seats 4 ppl though.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information