Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Famous Touring Cars

Hi All,

An Ex-Dick Johnson Sierra RS500 was on display at this years Ford RS Owners Club National Day at Donington Park here in the UK. This car is Dick's 1987 car (originally built for him by Andy Rouse) that was driven by Dick in the 1987 Bathurst 1000 amongst others. It was subsequently sold to the Trakstar team here in the UK and driven by Robb Gravett. The car in now in private hands and has been restored to it's Shell Ultra-Hi colour scheme and I think you will agree, looks great. Pictures and a short video below.

Cheers,

Roop

Here's the link to the video : http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...son_500_HQ.flv

wow i didnt know the cossie engine was like a rb26
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

Quote Originally Posted by acemotorsport

Nice pics there of the Brockys VK blackhonda.

[QUOTE=Mr. Jinx] The Coupe4 is ejaculatory material! [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Wireless
    Hi All,

An Ex-Dick Johnson Sierra RS500 was on display at this years Ford RS Owners Club National Day at Donington Park here in the UK. This car is Dick's 1987 car (originally built for him by Andy Rouse) that was driven by Dick in the 1987 Bathurst 1000 amongst others. It was subsequently sold to the Trakstar team here in the UK and driven by Robb Gravett. The car in now in private hands and has been restored to it's Shell Ultra-Hi colour scheme and I think you will agree, looks great. Pictures and a short video below.
    Hi Roop,
    Great pictures. This is the actual car that was discussed on pages 3 and 4 of this thread. As far as I remember, it is not an Andy Rouse kit car - rather it was built up from a road car by the Dick Johnson team in time for its debut at Caldar in 1987.
    Still, its great that the car is restored and back on track. Would be even better if it was here in Australia - it was one of the first Cosworths on the track here. Not quite as historically significant as the two Bathurst winning RS500s (the 1988 B & H car Tony Longhurst/Thomas Mezera car which is at the Bathurst musuem and I believe is owned either by Tony or by Frank Gardner who ran the team and the 1989 winning DJR Shell Sierra which Dick Johnson still owns and is on display at his team headquarters in Queensland). But it was built here and initially raced here in Australia. Hopefully it will turn up at some historic meeting at some point.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Other than the usual similarities like DOHC heads, i dont see anything common between them
    I am the Stig

it looks like a rb26
    look what i found (google search)
    Quite a long but interesting read about the history of Skylines and their banishment from Australia

This story is sourced from 'The Sky is the Limit' book and 'forumised' by the kind folk of Skylines Australia
    http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...ad.php?t=48402
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

it looks like a rb26
    look what i found (google search)
    Quite a long but interesting read about the history of Skylines and their banishment from Australia

This story is sourced from 'The Sky is the Limit' book and 'forumised' by the kind folk of Skylines Australia
    http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...ad.php?t=48402
    What do you mean by: "they look the same?"
    The Cossie is an I-4 and the skyline is an I-6(? ) you know?
    Pure looks or performance?

Hi MSN,

Thanks for the kind comments. I have heard and read that Dick's '87 car was a Rouse built car - I didn't get a chance to check for the Rouse ID plate on the slam panel - will ask the owner. Also, some of the electronic boxes on the dash are ones that I have only ever seen in Rouse cars. You could well be right though, I'm not sure on this one. I'll try find something to substantiate my thoughts. DJR or Rouse, it's a lovely car.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    Hi Roop,
    Great pictures. This is the actual car that was discussed on pages 3 and 4 of this thread. As far as I remember, it is not an Andy Rouse kit car - rather it was built up from a road car by the Dick Johnson team in time for its debut at Caldar in 1987.
    Still, its great that the car is restored and back on track. Would be even better if it was here in Australia - it was one of the first Cosworths on the track here. Not quite as historically significant as the two Bathurst winning RS500s (the 1988 B & H car Tony Longhurst/Thomas Mezera car which is at the Bathurst musuem and I believe is owned either by Tony or by Frank Gardner who ran the team and the 1989 winning DJR Shell Sierra which Dick Johnson still owns and is on display at his team headquarters in Queensland). But it was built here and initially raced here in Australia. Hopefully it will turn up at some historic meeting at some point.

can you get us some detail picture (underbody and interior)

hi everyone , can you please help me , im looking for photos of mike smith btcc cars, the 1988 bmw , the 1989 rs500 and possibly if possible the 1987 production saloon sierra he has raced. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone , this thread makes for a great read. Shame tho that i cant open up some of the attachments to see some of the cars that have been posted.

Just make a few more posts, then you should be fine!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Though reviewing an old thread is a shame, I'm taking my chances...

Since this very car have been mensioned in this thread some times,
    I thought I'd show you that it is for sale

Ford Eggenberger RS 500:
    http://www.racecarsdirect.com/viewlisting.php?view=3595

Anyone got some spare cash to lend out?

I've seen that car, or one of its sister cars, listed on that site for some time. I guess the price is too high, though it will be collectable in years to come.
    No worries about reviving the thread. I intend to revive it at any time that I want to add another car to the thread.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Thread Information