Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hyundai Tiburon

Hyundai Tiburon

I'm interested in this car and what you guys think of it. I tried searching other threads and didn't really find anything. And as a final question is there going to be a new Tiburon coming out sometime soon? Thanks!

Ive seen the new models at an autoshow and they look 10X better than the older ones. Still wouldnt buy it though... I look for some pics
    What exactly are you looking for in a car?

Got a pic, heh, it was on the hyundai site
    Last edited by Slicks; 02-17-2005 at 01:09 PM.

In the new issue of grassroots motorsoprts they have an article about it. http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/promo.php

they say its ok, but not the greatest thing. If i have time later i will scan it in for you.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Ive seen the new models at an autoshow and they look 10X better than the older ones. Still wouldnt buy it though... I look for some pics
    What exactly are you looking for in a car?

Got a pic, heh, it was on the hyundai site
    Man, thanks for the quick replies guys! What I really want is something that is very sporty. I've been thinking about such cars like Mazdaspeed Miata, Toyota Corolla XRS, perhaps the next-gen Civic Si, Saturn Sky, Saturn Ion Red Line, or Peugeot 307 CC (if they ever brought them over here, I'd definitely take one). That's just an idea, I could probably think of other cars, but I'm kinda stumped right now.

Just so you guys know, my current car is a 1992 Honda Civic Si (red).

If your going to buy a new car go for something rear wheel drive and manual transmission, you wont regret it, forget about the Tiburon hehe, just my opinion.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

i got a vid of a supercharged V6 model of that car.....its got an alpine roots(or twin-screw) supercharger and it makes 270+ hp.

anywayz, my cousin has an 03 V6, he put the tuscani(sp?)(its supposed to be the korean name of that car) enblems and some other stuff......its blue and he has a 1600watt sound system, pretty nice car.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    i got a vid of a supercharged V6 model of that car.....its got an alpine roots(or twin-screw) supercharger and it makes 270+ hp.

anywayz, my cousin has an 03 V6, he put the tuscani(sp?)(its supposed to be the korean name of that car) enblems and some other stuff......its blue and he has a 1600watt sound system, pretty nice car.
    Yep, Tuscani is the name of the Tiburon in South Korea and I'm pretty sure it's the Hyundai Coupe in all of Europe if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In
    Yep, Tuscani is the name of the Tiburon in South Korea and I'm pretty sure it's the Hyundai Coupe in all of Europe if I'm not mistaken.
    Yep it's the Coupe over here... by the way.. 270bhp in a FWD? What for? it's a bad car to start with.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    Yep it's the Coupe over here... by the way.. 270bhp in a FWD? What for? it's a bad car to start with.
    LOL, you think that's weird. Check out the latest Monte Carlo SS, it'll have 303 bhp with FWD!

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...hp&carnum=2192

here's that article.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In
    Man, thanks for the quick replies guys! What I really want is something that is very sporty. I've been thinking about such cars like Mazdaspeed Miata, Toyota Corolla XRS, perhaps the next-gen Civic Si, Saturn Sky, Saturn Ion Red Line, or Peugeot 307 CC (if they ever brought them over here, I'd definitely take one). That's just an idea, I could probably think of other cars, but I'm kinda stumped right now.

Just so you guys know, my current car is a 1992 Honda Civic Si (red).

get a mini!!!
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    here's that article.
    Thanks so much! I'll save it to my hard drive. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    get a mini!!!
    Speaking of which, my sister's new Mini Cooper is going to arrive either tomorrow or Saturday so I will definitely get to check it out. If I got a new one, I'd definitely go for the Mini Cooper S model because I need that extra power.

But you reminded me of another car I'm interested in buying. That car is one of the older Minis with an RSX Type-S engine fit into it.

Tiburon? Over here its called the Hyundai coupe

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    Tiburon? Over here its called the Hyundai coupe
    Read my third post (on this page) over again.

Whats up with you wanting the FWD compact cars?

Like ruim20 said, get something RWD.

The Saturn Sky looks like a great car to me, but it wont be out 'till like late 06 I think.
    Personally if you want a new car I would look into a new GTO or Mustang, or maybe a WRX STi. If you want a cheap used car thats sporty and quick you could get a low milage used LT1 or LS1 f-body (camaro/firebird) for $8-13, or a used Mustang GT or Cobra. Or if you really want a Miata that goes in that price category too.

Thread Information