Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fwd party trick

fwd party trick

i was driving my sentra the other day and i thought, how cool would it be to pull up to my friends house and just do a standing still burnout. i tried to do it on my way home from the store, but couldnt get the tires to spin at a stand still. i know that 70% of the breaking is in the front, so that will make it damn near impossible, but is there any way it can be done with no alteration of the car?

ps, its a automatic, so i cant play clutch tricks
    pondering things

pull on the handbrake. ( aka parking brake )

BUT doing this on public roads is NOT clever.
    IF the handbrake lets off the car will launch and catch you by surprise and you coudl kill a little kiddy watching you.

being a smart-ass on the roads isn't smart and just ALL arse

PS: This doesn't apply to Citroens who's handbrake worked on the front disks
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

He can´t... it's an automatic, i don´t think it has hand brake...

Get some friends in front of the car, tell them to push against the car, eventually they'll win the car's traction, but that kinda ruins the all thing, having 4/5 guys in front of the car
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    He can´t... it's an automatic, i don´t think it has hand brake...
    All cars have parkign brakes jsut many lazy auto drivers don't bother with them and just stick it in park
    Get some friends in front of the car, tell them to push against the car, eventually they'll win the car's traction, but that kinda ruins the all thing, having 4/5 guys in front of the car
    Yeah at least this way you'll mow your friends done before killing next door neighbours kid
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 02-14-2005 at 03:40 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

wet the road, put it on neutral......rev up.....put it on D, it'll break your transmission if you do it many times(or if you do it 1 time), but if it does it'll do a small burnout, and put the handbreak.

oh and don't forget to do it in a safe place where no 1 is around or at least holdin'em out of the way.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    i was driving my sentra the other day and i thought, how cool would it be...
    i dont think anyone's going to be impressed with an automatic sentra doing burnouts

in my truck, i just floor it, and it does a burnout then gradually gets traction, i do it parking lots, not on the roads, the car can vere in one directiong possibly into traffic if you do it on a road.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

What the hell is the point in doing this. Take it from me, People will laugh at you, call you, and if they see you in the street another time, spit on you. you will look like an ass. Especially in a front wheel drive automatic sentra. If it was a rear wheel drive, manual toyota supra with 900 bhp on tap, then it would be a different story
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    All cars have parkign brakes jsut many lazy auto drivers don't bother with them and just stick it in park

Yeah at least this way you'll mow your friends done before killing next door neighbours kid
    I didn't know that, i though park was what they got instead of a parking break. i've driven autos and never took notice of that! DOP!

About the guys in front, it can be done! i've done it in a fiat Uno! and seen it be done in a hiunday lantra or something.

But you right, it shouldn't be done by anyone!
    Last edited by ruim20; 02-14-2005 at 05:18 PM.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    wet the road, put it on neutral......rev up.....put it on D, it'll break your transmission if you do it many times(or if you do it 1 time), but if it does it'll do a small burnout, and put the handbreak.

oh and don't forget to do it in a safe place where no 1 is around or at least holdin'em out of the way.

Do exactly that, accept if your car has a tow gear (called "1-2" sometimes) do that, not drive..... if your in drive it well keep shifting up... lol

DONT put it in neutral, rev it up, and shit into anythign, i think it will really damage your transmission.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

don't be a tool and try and do burnouts in a shitty little fwd runabout, but if you must you can put it in Reverse, roll back a bit then slam it in D and floor and grab the handbrake
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    DONT put it in neutral, rev it up, and shit into anythign, i think it will really damage your transmission.
    i've seen a commodore broken in this fashion.
    maybe you could do it in reverse (reverse burnout)

the way to do a good launch with an auto box (if there is such a thing) is to step on ur brake pedal, shift to neutral (if u have power brakes) and rev the engine a bit, this gives the brakes a bit of a boost and more bite, now what u do is just shift back into d rev to wutever rpm u want (as long as u hold the brake the torque converter will handle the stress but dont hold onto it forever, its just like a slipping clutch, its ok for a second or 2 but leave it for longer then that and its bye bye tranny), and when ur ready to peel out release the brake, the torque converter will go "hey, why am i holding back all this torque, and deliver all the power to the wheels)

now depending on ur engine, transmission, tyres, and car the results will vary between, not moving at all resulting in lotsa tire smoke, or the fastest launch you can possibly do in an auto, just remember, fixing an auto is alot harder and more expensive then fixing a stick shift

Step 1: Get a car with a real transmission.
    Step 2: Rev, drop the clutch.

Thread Information