Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Track Weapons

Track Weapons

Took a bunch of pics at my local track this weekend. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome, I took about 50, but these are my 12 favourites. They're not gonna set the world alight of win any comps, but I think they're my best pics thus far. My GFs dad is a mad photography nut, so he's been giving me a few pointers about composition and the basics, he's taking me to his club soon, should be educational.

Anyway, all the pics are taken with a Fujifilm Finepix S3000 on Auto setting at 3MP and reduced in photoshop. 1st one was a totaly point and click affair, the composition sin't very good IMO, but there's something about it I think just looks "right". 2nd pic, lighting's quite nice I think, the blue of the banner isn't so good, draws the eye away form the subject, but couldn't really be helped. 3rd one, were it not for the guy walking past, I think this one would be my favourite, I really like the clarity and focus of the rear of the car. 4th one, I like the composition, thought the background is a little busy, but the lighting just went a bit wrong really, shadows and shiny bits all over the shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

some nice cars there Vtec, i like the first and last pic the best btw
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

That first pic is pretty cool, I like the diablo in the background doing it's thing. Looks almost like the Gallardo is waiting to try and upstage his big brother, haha. Also like the last one, good job on the pics.

I added my own commentary cos I'm really looking for CC here. I think they're not bad pics, but if I'm open to all comments, if anyone thinks they're dog's dinner territory say so, I just wanna know.

5th, similar to last one, better lighting and tidier background, probably my favourite of the bunch, still a bit glaring though. Pic 6, taken unsurprisingly shortly after the last one, the sun had popped behind a cloud, so I got another one in without so much glare, this was acheived, but it's a bit dark now. I also wanted to try and get the longish shadow in, hoping it might make a good image, don't really know if it did or not. Pic 7 was a bit random really, pretty different from the rest, but I really like it. It didn't turn out as good as it looked on the camera, cos the porsche doesn't really look very good, if the focus had been somewhere between the two, maybe it would have worked a treat. Pic 8 was me having yet another stab at the Gallardo. (I got as many shots in as I could whilst it was standing, which wasn't very long) I think the angle on this one is great, it really shows the car off nicely, sadly another cloudy spell killed the lighting a bit. The orange Exige also kinda ruined the composition a little.

Hurrah! Some pics with a little less yellow! This one of the Testarossa was one of about five that I took from exactly the same point but from differing heights. The more I look at this one the more I think I preferred the lower ones, I might post them later. The next one I didn't like at first, but has grown on me. It's a little wonky and there's too much tarmac in the shot, but the colour and lighting looks nice. A little more sky would have improved the shot I think, but I don't really know. The third one was taking whilst the three cars were sitting adjacent in a ratehr nice car show fashion, so I grabbed the oppurtunity. I really, really like the weighting of this one, though perhaps it could do with a little of the periphery cropping off. Would have looked better with less going on in the background. The last one I still think is a realy bad pic. The dark car and dark background just don't work, the guy in the orange make it look all wrong, but for some reason I just really like the image, no real explanation, I don't even really like 911s all that much.

Thanks for anyone that read and reviewed all comments whatsoever are gratefully received, cheers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    some nice cars there Vtec, i like the first and last pic the best btw
    Heh, the Lambos rocked. It's the first time I've ever seen a Gallardo "in person". So it was equally nice to see it romping around the track. The sound that car makes when it's going at full chat is really quite astounding, it's like a spitfire sprinting off into the distance. The SL55 which I didn't get a pic of made an equally impressive sound, I was quite surprised actually, I didn't think Benzs made nice noises.

great captures. any action or panning shots?
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

The actual track was quite some distance away and I'm not really confident or steady enough to try that just yet. The actual reason I went is because I wanted to get some practice at panning for when I start attending events in the summer, but it just didn't happen. If the weather is any good this weekend I might go back and try again, though it actually kinda snowed a lot today and is set to do so for a good few days, so the odds are that this weekend will be a write off. Here's the one pic I tried panning with. I think the phrase is "spot in the distance". My camera has a 6x zoom and I made no real attempt to utilise it, stupid fool.

Did you get any pictures of the orange racing lotus?
    FWD and performance, never have, and never will mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Widsinator
    Did you get any pictures of the orange racing lotus?
    Lol, I had a dream that I was driving a silver exige at 2 am on an empty rural road. Best dream I've had in a while.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Awesome pictures, Love that Diablo and Gallardo and the M12 and the Turbo!
    ~~~~~Porsche~~~~~

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    3MP? that's awesome!

i love the gallardo pics, can i put them on my site?
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

nice pics

While we are on the subject of fast cars on the track TeamGTM is organising a GTM only track day at Bruntingthorpe proving grounds. We are going to mark out a track, auto test and maybe a drag strip kinda thing. I will be taking my camera (a Fijifilm Finepix S7000) to brush up on my camera skills. I am just excited about having the track to ourselves!! Well i just thought you guys might be interested to know that. Maybe you should buy a GTM between now and around May-June and you can come and race.
    TeamGTM
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Looking forward to seeing the pics and vids

how's the Luego going - not seen an update in the thread for a LONG while
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information