Thread: Mitsubishi Nessie by Giugiaro

Mitsubishi Nessie by Giugiaro

The Nessie represents an in-depth analysis into the issue of the day, the SUV.
    For the centennial Geneva Motor Show, Italdesign Giugiaro, in collaboration with Mitsubishi and the Linde Group, pushed creative-thinking towards intermeshing, yet again, technology and style, giving tangible form to a heart-pounding yet clean sports utility vehicle that offers advanced solutions to the environment-friendly dilemma. Research into styling was focused unassailably around all-new product sculptural modeling, with a keen eye steered towards bodyside and volume plasticity giving breath of life to a vehicle architecture never seen before, the 2.5V SUV coupé.

A 2.5V SUV coupé
    Nowadays, the SUV line-up in all its declinations has secured a bold market niche. Forging an agreement with a leader brand such as Mitsubishi was the trigger for priming this all-new research. Having attained an operating chassis, drawn from the string of experience gained winning tough and rugged world rallies like the Paris Dakar, starting to take shape within Italdesign Giugiaro was a rational route towards technical design with a view to installing a powerful yet pleasurable V8 engine along with, as a consequence, a hydrogen fuel system, applied in collaboration with the Linde Group, a clean power source that renders this vehicle absolutely “clean”, all of which operated and managed by an automatic gear box and a sophisticated electronically controlled wheeldrive. The Nessie respects environmental concerns. As such, the Nessie provides the answer to questions, even those more skeptic, about the impact that SUVs may have on the environment, especially town and built-up areas, and perhaps removes the ultimate obstacle barring the way to full acceptance of this new type of vehicle as consolidated product line-up reality.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not too shabby...

If there is a company out there that needs something to save them from death it's Mitsubishi.

I don't think that vehicle is going to do it though. LOL!

Mitsubishi is on the verge of death, yes...let's just hope that a creative concept like this could pull them through (which I doubt)...The new Eclipse might help a little bit too...
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

guigaro = awesome

its a very nice design......for an SUV.
    halo 2 - november 9

They are renders.
    And not bad.
    I wonder what package they are using.

What an appropriate name. The famous monster of Loch Ness was sometimes lovingly referred to as Nessie. Now we now how a monster looks and I am not disappointed. I hope the lake is big enough to swallow it
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

cool like compact. I love the rims they are awesome. But i don't know about the little indents in the wheel flares...
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

The Clean SUV, or hydrogen applied with “style”
    The Nessie represents the Italdesign Giugiaro answer to issue of the day, the SUV.

For the centennial Geneva Motor Show, Italdesign Giugiaro, in collaboration with Mitsubishi, pushed creative-thinking towards intermeshing, yet again, technology and style, giving tangible form to a heart-pounding yet clean sports utility vehicle that offers advanced solutions to the environment-friendly dilemma thanks to its hydrogen power source.. Research into styling was focused unassailably around all-new product sculptural modeling, with a keen eye steered towards bodyside and volume plasticity giving breath of life to a vehicle architecture never seen before, the 2.5 volume SUV coupé. Awareness by Italdesign Giugiaro to the SUV issue dates back to 1978, the year in which Giugiaro turned attention to a new research packaging, perhaps at that time more linked to space-wagon segments although geared undoubtedly towards a new architecture. As if any reminder were needed, stepping into the limelight in more recent times was the Maserati Kubang and, before then, the Touareg, a new family of “naked” off-roaders, until reaching the Tarek, born to compete across desert sands in the Tout- Terrain World Championship.

The 2.5 volume SUV coupé
    Nowadays, the SUV line-up in all its declinations has secured a bold market niche. Forging an agreement with a leader brand such as Mitsubishi was the trigger for priming all-new research. Having attained an operating chassis, drawn from the string of experience gained winning tough and rugged world rallies like the Dakar, starting to take shape within Italdesign Giugiaro was a rational route towards technical design with a view to installing a powerful yet pleasurable V8 engine along with, as a consequence, a hydrogen fuel system, applied in collaboration with the Linde Group, a clean power source that renders this vehicle absolutely “clean”, all of which operated and managed by an automatic gear box and a sophisticated electronically controlled transmission system. The Nessie respects environmental concerns. As such, the Nessie provides the answer to questions, even those more skeptic, about the impact that SUVs may have on the environment, especially town and built-up areas, and perhaps removes the ultimate obstacle barring the way to full acceptance of this new type of vehicle as consolidated product line-up reality. Thus configured was a 2.5 volume SUV coupé giving extra space to the rear. Although lean in size, this third box add-on offers unmatched roominess for passengers and luggage, incorporating a third door on the right side to ease access to the second row. Raising the bar of the Mitsubishi brand’s sportive and winning image is exactly the originally modeled rear, but the essence of modeling to perfection unfolds throughout the bodyside. The vehicle flaunts a panoramic glass roof panel protected, however, by an innovative element, an arrow-shaped structure used as a roll-bar, and a snap-catch for carrying skis or windsurfs. The roll-bar, not anchored to the glass roof, leans against the belt line in the rear mudguard area. Confirming at the rear the vehicle’s sportive stance is the back window/boot dual unlocking system, which enables bulky equipment to be stored even when the window is open.

Particular attention has been focused on modeling a new approach to off-roader interiors, whether in a design to drive through a sensation of quality and the unspoiled or to attain by mass modulation an aggressive and powerful effect. The styling dynamics are perceived on the side and, more particularly, where the wheel arches expand, decidedly generously, to accommodate the 22” imposing wheels heightening the vehicle’s boldness. The glass/sheet metal proportion is typical of the proportion used for sport-utility coupés that prefer a matt look. However, the front door flaunts a transparent band for enhancing visibility when using the off-roader or weaving through town traffic. Serving the right side is a second half-door access to the back seats, which opens out upwind and locked tight by the front door. Valorized right in the centre of the front is the Mitsubishi brand identity, whilst inlaid to the sides are two air-intakes, which reconcile and emphasize the mudguards housing the high-standing headlamps. Also working towards beading the bonnet is the engine format. The beading threads its way towards two robust windshield pillars, which become almost bodiless in the overall luminosity of the passenger compartment. The Nessie enjoys having passengers, gratifying them for coming aboard by offering them all services and devices that one expects from a young and fun-loving vehicle, with, at the same time, the capability to affront adventure and bold undertakings. There are seats for four inside the vehicle with, as the case may be, room for a fifth passenger on the rear bench. A robust longitudinal structure separates the two seats, whilst the shape of the dashboard is lean and mean, giving more space to a compartment holder equipped for entertainment and scouting: GPS, monitors, internet connection and anything else that the world of electronics currently offers in collaboration with LG Electronics. Seats and upholstery, purposely studied, reconcile technical rationale with that touch of prestige demanded by this particular segment’s top range. The interiors are inspired upon Poltrona FRAU leather inserts and technical fabrics.

Technical data
    Length 4,600 mm
    Width 1,950 mm
    Height 1,810 mm
    Wheelbase 2,780 mm
    Front track 1,650 mm
    Rear track 1,650 mm
    Front overhang 828 mm
    Rear overhang 992 mm
    Boot volume 370 liters
    Engine Hydrogen-powered 8V
    Chassis Mitsubishi
    Drive All-wheel drive
    Gearbox Automatic
    Front/Rear wheels Pirelli 305/40/23
    Brakes Brembo
    Wheel rims ATP Tecnoforming
    Interior seating Poltrona FRAU
    Navigation system LG Electronics

I have seen the car in person and I can confirm: This is the absolute low in Giugiaros designs.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

THIS was also presented at the Giugiaro stand in Geneva so you may understand where my priorities were laying.

That's actually not bad... except for the cut out in the door.
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Thread Information