Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My New "Ride"

I've been having dirty thoughts about this one: http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...sp?ProdID=1136

As for power ratings, my truck is rated to 300, the Denalis are rated to 335 and the newer 3/4 ton versions are rated at 325 I believe. Those are all with the 6 liter V8. I haven't driven a Denali, but my dad has an 04 3/4 ton suburban and while I'm sure the extra weight affects it, the extra 25 horsepower doesn't seem to change anything.
    "It's the only car I've ever driven that'll spin the wheels at 200 mph."
    -Mark Donohue, talking about the Penske 917/30 twin-turbo Porsche Can-Am car.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    Yeah, i think they have 285 hp stock don't they? My brothers got the 04 2dr Silverado w/ 285 hp. Those trucks and the new Titans can get it up
    He probably had the 325hp 6.0. I was surprised how quick it was, for sure. Chevy knows a thing or two bout engines even though they use the "old fashioned" pushrod engines
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

The "Old Fashioned" design is something that in the past 50 years chevy has honed to a fine science. They've come along way since the Gen-I small block started showing up in the Vette and pickup trucks in 55. As for extreme mods, let's wait until after 36,000 or 36 months, whichever comes first. I've thought about a cowl hood(either a 2 or 4 inch riser) but want it to be on my truck for a reason(like maybe not enough room now that there's an 8:71 blower under there.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Warranties are for wimps.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Nice truck Mr. Vette, congrats Is it hard to park, crew cabs are like 17 feet long, right?
    They're easier to park than most Caddilacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    They're easier to park than most Caddilacs.
    Yes they are, trust me, I tried to park a De Ville at work the other day and completely overshot the spot and had to back up. It may have been harder to park if I weren't already used to driving my dad's Avalanche, they're fairly comparable in length so it was a quick transition.

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

damn that billet grille is hot
    Self confessed boost junkie:)
    84' Nissan N12 EXA, E15ET turbo.....with upgraded turbo:)
    UCP's biggest Afro on a white man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 85RX7
    damn that billet grille is hot
    Thank you; just wait til I get the billet bow-tie. From ones o've seen it sets it off quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by MrVette83
    Yes they are, trust me, I tried to park a De Ville at work the other day and completely overshot the spot and had to back up. It may have been harder to park if I weren't already used to driving my dad's Avalanche, they're fairly comparable in length so it was a quick transition.

Yeah, I work at a GM dealership...

Not for long, hopefully. I might up and leave at the summer.

Out of all the American trucks available, a Silverado is probably the one I'd go for so congratulations.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVette83
    The "Old Fashioned" design is something that in the past 50 years chevy has honed to a fine science. They've come along way since the Gen-I small block started showing up in the Vette and pickup trucks in 55. As for extreme mods, let's wait until after 36,000 or 36 months, whichever comes first. I've thought about a cowl hood(either a 2 or 4 inch riser) but want it to be on my truck for a reason(like maybe not enough room now that there's an 8:71 blower under there.
    Amen. Don't let anybody beat up on you drivin for something with an old OHV lump or anything, the pushrod engines are alive and well and Chevy does a helluva job building em. Most guys would quit beating up on pushrods if they got behind the wheel of something with an LS/1...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

what a yank tank with no environmental concerns!!!!

HEHE!! ONLY JOKING!!

Awesome ride, reckon you need some new rims on it and it'll be pimpin!!
    THIS FORUM is clearly better than web sites touting for business !

Thread Information