Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfa Romeo 159 (Progetto 939) 2005–2011

last pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    No I didn't see the pics in details for me it's not logic since the 159 is an old single-seater and not a car with 4 doors and a boot. (you can say that I'm obstinated)
    That' precisely beacuse this car was called the "159", because of the succesful single seaters that won the early F1 championships (1950 and 1951 if I'm not mistaken). It's much the same story as the Alfetta saloon of the 80's, Alfetta was the nickname given to the Tipo 158/159.

About the Alfa Romeo V6 engine, which has been mentioned in this thread, has been recently discontinued (about a month ago) due to the impossibility to comply with emission rules here in Europe. All the V6 engines on Alfa's from now will be GM-derived units
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

So beautiful
    Forza Ferrari

--The thread stopper--

Note to Alfa Romeo, re photo http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...hmentid=112679

When taking press photos of the interior, make sure all the trim is FULLY ATTACHED!!

Look on the left of the picture, at the footrest. Now look up a little....DOH!

Hopefully I'll have some more photos in a couple of weeks as the 159 and Brera are gonna be at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.....and so will I.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC
    Note to Alfa...
    Haha! Brilliant observation skills there Mr. C! Alfa really didn't do themselves any favours with that one now, did they?

I for one just hope that you're the first and last person to notice that, cos I'm pretty sure that Alfa Romeo don't need that kind of publicity.

It's their own fault for being careless there. When I was at Landrover, we had a good laugh at the dash-photos of the Discovery 3. The instrument cluster was lit up like a Xmas tree with all sorts of warning lights yet they still released the photos.

I'll have a close look at the 159 and Brera at Goodwood next Friday and hopefully have lots of photos to post.

For it to be one of the best cars in the market it only needed to be RWD, it would be perfect!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I've seen some alarming news about the 159 at Italiaspeed.

For instance the 3.2 V6 Q4 weights (officially) 1740kg . That's way to much for the car. As a result performance suffers (240Km/h and 7"0/10 for the 0-62 sprint) and handling could suffer to.

PS. Cheese-Tacular, the 159 defenitely loses to the Infiniti...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

it's a FWD

the only thing i have on this car... why aren the door handles on the c pillar anymore?

other than that its blipin' amazing!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon (2006)

31/01/2006

World previews: Alfa 159 Sportwagon

The forthcoming Geneva Motor Show will see the world debut of the Alfa 159 Sportwagon and the Alfa Spider, thus completing the range set to take Alfa Romeo into the future

Debuting in Geneva is the Alfa 159 Sportwagon. A complex, sophisticated creature which both recalls the glorious Alfa Romeo tradition in this sector (from the Giulietta Spider in the ‘50s to the Duetto and the Nineties model), and rolls out some cutting edge solutions in terms of mechanical specifications and engines.

The Alfa 159 Sportwagon represents a consummate blend of Italian style with the performance and handling of a genuine sportscar, combined with the flexibility of use and versatility of space you would expect from a high class estate. Like the saloon – the total length (4,660 millimetres) is exactly the same – the new model has been given a decidedly sporty look, without that look of ‘added-on volume’ which characterises the typical station wagon. The sleek lines of the long roof give it a coupé feel, as does the roof spoiler and the edgy aerodynamic styling, while the superbly functional interior offers great load volume. All in all Alfa 159 Sportwagon guarantees the performance and dynamic handling of a sportscar with a size of boot in line with that of a high class station wagon, while also offering a versatility which satisfies the tastes and demands of the modern lifestyle.

The Alfa 159 Sportwagon is available in 2 or 3 versions (depending on the country), 12 bodywork colours and 5 interior colourways. It offers three new JTS engines with double continuous variable valve timing (the 260 bhp 3.2 V6 24v, the 185 bhp 2.2 and the 160 bhp 1.9) and three turbodiesel Multijet engines (the 200 bhp 2.4 JTDM 20v, the 150 bhp 1.9 JTDM 16v and the 120 bhp 1.9 JTDM 8v). All of these are fitted with new manual six-speed gearboxes, and some versions also offer automatic gears and robotised Selespeed gear lever, also six speed. Without counting the fact that the range offers all clients, even the most demanding, the opportunity to select from various different options and innovative features.

Lastly, the Alfa 159 Sportwagon ensures outstanding dynamic performance thanks to high double wishbone suspension at the front and Multilink at the rear. Along with great ride comfort, the Alfa Spider boast a sporty configuration and the use of state of the art ‘Q4’ four wheel drive (available on the 260 bhp 3.2 versions). What’s more – like the saloon version which was recently awarded 5 prestigious Euro NCAP stars – this Alfa Romeo model once more confirms the utmost attention which goes into all aspects regarding safety, as well as offering the most sophisticated electronic vehicle dynamic control devices.

Nice to know that a manufacturer outside of the Ford group can actually design beautiful cars nowadays

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Alfa Romeo 159 SW #2
    Last edited by netburner; 02-26-2006 at 06:00 AM.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Alfa Romeo 159 SW #3
    Last edited by netburner; 02-26-2006 at 06:00 AM.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Alfa Romeo 159 SW #4
    Last edited by netburner; 02-26-2006 at 05:59 AM.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

Walter Röhrl

Thread Information