Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari (F1-2005) F2005

Ferrari (F1-2005) F2005

The F2005 is the fifty first single-seater built by Ferrari specifically to compete in the Formula 1 World Championship. The design, which bears the internal code number 656, represents Ferrari’s more exhaustive interpretation of the 2005 technical regulations. The main elements, relating to aerodynamics are more advanced than on the F2004 M.

The chassis is lighter, despite the need to strengthen the lateral anti-intrusion panels within the monocoque to increase its ability to meet the requirements of the crash-test, which is stricter than in the past. The shape has been revised, with modifications to the opening of the side pods and the area around the turning vanes. The side pods have been adapted to accommodate the new cooling system.

The engine cover has been redesigned, as have the aerodynamic devices on the side pods, with a secondary winglet introduced in the area of the roll-hoop. The layout of the exhausts is fundamentally different to that of the previous car, eliminating the aerodynamic profile which characterised the rear section, which is now almost entirely integrated within the bodywork.
    While retaining the longitudinal architecture for the transmission, the entire rear end has been changed in an attempt to get the most out of the size of the gearbox, which is smaller than its predecessor and made from titanium and carbon fibre. Naturally, the limitations introduced by the new regulations were taken into account during the design stage.

The rear suspension has been revised, with the twin aims of improving the car’s dynamics in order to optimise the efficiency of operation for the Bridgestone tyres, while also improving the aerodynamic efficiency of the rear. The floor of the car has also been substantially redesigned to fit in with the new dimensions of the gearbox and comply with the new regulations. Two areas that benefited from a major effort during the design stage were the braking and electronics systems, this work carried out in conjunction with technical partners.

The 055 engine is load-bearing and mounted longitudinally. Much of the internal componentry derives from the last version of the 053, currently fitted to the F2004 M. The main changes centre on the mounting points to chassis and gearbox. Its designers aimed to come up with an engine able to maintain a sufficient level of performance, doubling its life given that the sporting regulations introduced this year require the use of the same engine for two consecutive race weekends. As always, Shell’s help has been invaluable in the definition of fuel and lubricants to best meet the set targets.
    The F2005 represents the final evolution in a line of Ferrari Formula 1 cars fitted with a ten cylinder engine. As usual, right from the design stage, much attention was paid to performance and optimisation of the materials used as well as quality control, in order to increase performance levels with maximum safety, all within the framework of the new rules introduced this year.

CHASSIS
    Carbon-fibre and honeycomb composite structure
    Ferrari longitudinal gearbox limited-slip differential
    Semiautomatic sequential electronically controlled gearbox
    Number of gears 7 + reverse
    Ventilated carbon-fibre disc brakes
    Independent suspension, push-rod activated torsion springs front and rear
    Length 4545 mm
    Width 1796 mm
    Height 959 mm
    Wheelbase 3050 mm
    Front track 1470 mm
    Rear track 1405 mm
    Weight with water, lubricant and driver 605 kg
    Wheels (front and rear) 13”

ENGINE
    Type 055
    Number of cylinders V 10
    Cilinder block in cast aluminium
    Number of valves 40
    Pneumatic distribution
    Total displacement 2997 cm3
    Magneti Marelli digital electronic injection
    Magneti Marelli static electronic ignition
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (135.7 KB, 71 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (140.0 KB, 91 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (158.3 KB, 97 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (137.3 KB, 111 views)
    Last edited by nopassn; 02-25-2005 at 06:36 AM.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

more....
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (147.9 KB, 61 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (127.3 KB, 52 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (171.4 KB, 74 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (170.3 KB, 68 views)
    ...Utah! Get me two...

last 3 for now, I'll post more as they come out...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Are we now looking at the real new car, which they plan to introduce at Barcelona, or is the interim version
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Beautiful car as always, and beautiful pics, but what else can you expect from Ferrari?

This is the F2005 - they will start the season with the F2004 M, which is "halfway" between the car shown here and the 2004 car...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

hey didnt they forbid tabacco sponsors n stuff this season?
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

don't quote me on this - but I think it's after the 2006 season - like i said though, not for sure...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Ferrari F1

Great Pics Car Looks Grear Hope this will No. 8 for Michael
    Thanks Ray Lore

Quote Originally Posted by Fumacher
    hey didnt they forbid tabacco sponsors n stuff this season?
    only at certain races

nice car but nothing ground breaking, rest assured they wont be as far ahead this season, rubens barrichello said himself ferrari are getting behind on development. I am pretty sure the f2004 will start teh season with the f2005 coming in later, although it may be ready for australia

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    nice car but nothing ground breaking, rest assured they wont be as far ahead this season, rubens barrichello said himself ferrari are getting behind on development.
    they're always said that every seasons.
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

I've heard that they are "lacking in development" and "slower than other teams" but they say that every season and then come out and kick ass... I guess we'll know what the truth is in about a week...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Bow before you Latest Redesigned Overlord, Formula 1! I used to be a big Ferrari fan until they just started winning EVERYTHING. Now I cheer for anybody except Ferrari.

I'd like to see Montoya or Button win this year. F1 needs a champion with a little personality.

Wonderful....how much horsepower does it kick out? Obviously somewhere in the 900+ range, but I am curious for an exact number.

This is the most feature laden Ferrari launch car I've seen in a while....I remember I think it was F2002 that it had a sidepod with no winglet on their launch....

Interesting details in many places, the double air-box winglet is like Renault Last year, the wing before the rear wing at the end of the airbox is like BAR last year, while that little extra wing on the nose is all Ferrari's own...

Thread Information