Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: most overated car

Sorry I should have made it more clear I was about 911's after 2000 which the suspension was messed about with to much. I hate what they did to them, a supercar should not be like a palace inside and have air con etc, it just add's weight. When talking about supercar's the F40 is how it should be LIGHT. the old 911's are great, I just really do not like the new one's.

The one I was driving was an Carrera 4 (the 4 wheel drive one) This totally took the fun out of it.
    Im abit of a Purist at heart lol.
    Last edited by Ethermaster; 03-10-2005 at 04:18 AM.
    Jeremy: "Some say that his scrotum has its own small gravity field, and that because our producer rigged a phone vote, he now has a new name. All we know is, he's called Cuddles."

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    You're stupid.

You assume just because he has a body kit he must be a "stupid ricer" who thinks their car will now beat Enzos.

You don't know what they think, they might just have the body kit because they think it makes their car look better.

You seem to have a real problem with prejudice:
    A few US Focuses break - All Focuses are "POSs"
    Your Dodge Caravan has a problem - All Dodges are "POSs"
    A Few ricers think a car like a Civic is a performance car - all Civic owners are "stupid ricers"

Please; engage brain before posting.

well, that popped up when i googled in ricer, and BTW did you ever notice the fartcan, and I know someone who Owns a Civic, and I don't think he's a ricer,

please; make sure you got your facts straight before accusing

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    well, that popped up when i googled in ricer, and BTW did you ever notice the fartcan, and I know someone who Owns a Civic, and I don't think he's a ricer,
    Firstly ive just done a google search for ricer and that pic wasnt there, well not in the first 15 pages atleast

this is the sort of thing that you get when you searc for "ricer"

Secondly your talking more shit every day
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

dodge viper
    all rice discussions are overrated as well
    Last edited by kennyknoxville; 03-14-2005 at 03:53 PM.
    stereotonin

This is what you find searching for "ricer".

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann

Karrman, maybe the guy LIKES to have a fartcan. Maybe he's just some normal person who happens to have a riced out car. Maybe, just maybe, the guy likes how his car looks. Now do you have to go critizing every little thing he does? Do you have to accuse him of talking 7331 (leet) and say he's a moron with no knowledge of cars or anything? What did he ever do to you? Sigh... you're the one who gets all mad whenever someone flames you...

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I'll jump to the defence of BMW and say that many 3-series are villified as performance cars, when they get outrun by little grans, it's all in the breeding, and there are always runts in the litter.

My personal choice would be either a Mercedes Benz M-Class. has limited offroad capability but is popular beyond reason, it's a truck with a Mercedes Grille, your better off going the whole hog and just buying a Mercedes Benz Lorry.
    i agree my friend bought one and broke down in just 1 and a half monthes

i dont think i can uver state this, I HATE THE NISSAN SKYLINE

one of my friends told me today the the skyline could beat an Enzo...i laughed in his face
    pondering things

right now D.C. and Miami., but also London
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethermaster
    Any Porsche 911, Their ugly, the engine is in the worng place sitting over the rear axel, their not that much fun to drive , understear's like the NHS (national Heath Sevice). Plus porsce just sell the cars on the name, porsche never do marketing profiling thats why since the 1st ever porsche 911 rolled off the prduction line it hasn't changed shape much. If I had the money to buy one would I ... no I would rather buy a Caterham super 7 CSR.

I also hate Skyline, ricer's love them .... they look like their been painted with glue drove into halford's shop window and everything has stuck to it, Its awful ! The GTR is a good car I used to like it very much, as JC once said "its a super sonic bus".The thing that has put me off it is that Nissan is looking after it's ricer market, The Prototype GTR is once again a nice looking car, I just really hate the R34 and the R33. The R32 was a gem of a car much like the Lotus Carlton (Which I love with a passion). The other thing with the Skyline (mainly the R34) is the fact that ricer go around saying that you can get them up to 1500 BHP..... wait a min am I missing something here ? Why in god's name would you want a 1500BHP car (if its ture) to drive on the public road ? Take it to a drag tracking race or rockenham raceway !

Well that puts a end to my rant lol sorry about over running it a bit.

I don't think it is possible to overrate 911's....Just kiddin' but come on...I think the mose overrated car (when it first came out) was theFord Cougar like in 1997 or something. Everybody thought the car was an average performance car, whn in fact in performs worse than your avaerage sedan!
    Mustangs/ TVRs, M3s, 911 Turbos...make me smile from ear to ear...everything else..just makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    i dont think i can uver state this, I HATE THE NISSAN SKYLINE

one of my friends told me today the the skyline could beat an Enzo...i laughed in his face
    lol agreed, runner up would be a viper, and any ferrari almost

most of what you pay for is the badge just like a bmw, only reason i like ferrari and hate bmw is cuz ferrari knows this and admits it, you're buying the ferrari experience the prestiege and heritage that comes with it, you can get a trackday car just as fast for the same price as an s2000 and since supercars are never built for practicality i dont see the point of having a 6 litre v12 and a carbonfiber body while a radical with a motorcycle engine will be faster

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    lol agreed, runner up would be a viper, and any ferrari almost
    Who besides me over rates the Viper? (only slightly, but I definitely do)
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

and the winner is.....

The most overrated car is any car that the owner thinks it is what it is not! Too many idiots out there thinking they have a fast car and it would be lucky to do the quarter mike in 14 flat or go 135mph. All types of cars could fit the profile. It's really the drivers that are overrated. Not enough humility and reality.
    As far as the viper goes, it surprizes me that people list it as overrated. I don't own one and never will but you could buy a 2 year old one and have a car that will go high 11's in the quarter and go over 190mph. It will corner at least as good as set up cars like Saleens and Roushes and blow most Anything under 150 grand away. In fact, not too many cars at any price could post drag, top end, braking, and cornering numbers like it without changing anything on the car. You can get a new one for 80k or a used low mile one just as fast for 50k. For another 15 or 29k you can give it 900 horse power and then look out. What foriegn car for 100k could even come close? I AM proud that it is American.

Joe Pug, Roush stage 3

Overrated? <flame suit ON>

This one...

this one...

...and this one.

<flame suit OFF>

That said, I'd drive every damn one of them.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by dapope
    The most overrated car is any car that the owner thinks it is what it is not! Too many idiots out there thinking they have a fast car and it would be lucky to do the quarter mike in 14 flat or go 135mph. All types of cars could fit the profile. It's really the drivers that are overrated. Not enough humility and reality.
    As far as the viper goes, it surprizes me that people list it as overrated. I don't own one and never will but you could buy a 2 year old one and have a car that will go high 11's in the quarter and go over 190mph. It will corner at least as good as set up cars like Saleens and Roushes and blow most Anything under 150 grand away. In fact, not too many cars at any price could post drag, top end, braking, and cornering numbers like it without changing anything on the car. You can get a new one for 80k or a used low mile one just as fast for 50k. For another 15 or 29k you can give it 900 horse power and then look out. What foriegn car for 100k could even come close? I AM proud that it is American.

Joe Pug, Roush stage 3
    Take a Viper against a hard-core track car like a Caterham or Ariel Atom. I like it, alot, but a Noble M12 GTO......60k for that? I'd take the Viper.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Over Rated.

Mclaren F1 has yet to be beaten in the supercar stakes for it's combo of Drive/Desire/Manueverability.

So i guess it's fine to call something like that over rated; who will really get to drive it and discount the idea?

As for the Supra. God yes. IT'S A BIG HEAVY COUPE, NOT THE RICER SAVIOUR!
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i said something to the same friend the other day about how a BMW inline six is more renownd and will outlast the rb26dett...needless to say, he didnt take that well

lets see nissan bore out an rs200 engine and put it in the skyline, that would be a show

everyone is in love with the skyline engine, "i want to put the rb26dett in a 240sx, that would be cool"...give me a break..."they rate it at 276, but it comes stock with 350 horsepower" really? only took what...direct port injection, intercooler, and TWO turbo chargers.....what an accomplishment...."we couldnt make an n/a regular engine with 350hp, so we are going to put two big ass turbo's in it"...yeah, you guys know how to build a sports car
    pondering things

Thread Information