Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: most overated car

Actually.......

Nissan only uses the 276kw in all official documents because thats the power limit in Japan, on stock cars, to kerb the rising industry they have.

It's reguarly broken, but only unofficially.

Around 285kw would probably be more around the mark.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Actually.......

Nissan only uses the 276kw in all official documents because thats the power limit in Japan, on stock cars, to kerb the rising industry they have.

It's reguarly broken, but only unofficially.

Around 285kw would probably be more around the mark.
    i knew about the 276 power limit, and i believe the 350 claim, but having to do all that stuff just to reach 350, and for an i6....kinda stretching isnt it
    pondering things

It's been done, Remember that the Jaguar XJ220 was an 6, and it reached 217 MPH.

350 Would be stretching it for a Street Legal car, though.

It's been done, Remember that the Jaguar XJ220 was an 6, and it reached 217 MPH.

350 Would be stretching it for a Street Legal car, though.
    i just hate it when i say something about the skyline being a pos and people are like "but it only has ~~ and it will do ~~" insert stupid skyline facts at will, most any will fit

its like wow, big fvckin deal

i love porsche's. but i dont compare them to every single car thats brought up in conversation, i wouldnt compare a boxter to an enzo~

like i posted before, i said something about the noble m12 having Enzo numbers one day, this guy was like, 'so, a skyline can beat an enzo'

no, it cant, shut the hell up
    pondering things

It's those type of people which end up giving decent cars a bad name.

Like people who are blind towards one manufacturer, and will not accept another being as good/betterer (sorry, using their language)

I Like BMW's, but I know that some are ugly and some are pointless; a realist rather than a dreamer.

It's those type of people which end up giving decent cars a bad name.

Like people who are blind towards one manufacturer, and will not accept another being as good/betterer (sorry, using their language)

I Like BMW's, but I know that some are ugly and some are pointless; a realist rather than a dreamer.
    we need more people like you around, everywhere
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    like i posted before, i said something about the noble m12 having Enzo numbers one day, this guy was like, 'so, a skyline can beat an enzo'

no, it cant, shut the hell up
    yes, it can. Any car can beat any car depending on the mods it uses. A r33 from exvitermini.com can destroy a stock enzo. Likewise, a stock enzo can destroy a stock skyline.

secondly, a m12 is NOT a sports car in my opinion. In bypasses the US's emission restrictions and it's safety crash restrictions, letting it shed the extra weight that the enzo has to have. Besides, the enzo beats the m12 in the 0-100 and the quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    yes, it can. Any car can beat any car depending on the mods it uses. A r33 from exvitermini.com can destroy a stock enzo. Likewise, a stock enzo can destroy a stock skyline.

secondly, a m12 is NOT a sports car in my opinion. In bypasses the US's emission restrictions and it's safety crash restrictions, letting it shed the extra weight that the enzo has to have. Besides, the enzo beats the m12 in the 0-100 and the quarter.
    Yes, but the M12 in Europe does not have to be sold as a kit car. Also, Enzo: 650k+, M12 Noble: 60k. Hmmm...... .2 seconds of 0-60 difference, but a much better handler? I'll take the Noble.

Also, no matter what you do to it, a modified golf cart built for street use will never outdo an Enzo
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

But not the the latest OR the M400 or

Manufcaturers often chose NOT to do the US emissions and crash test NOT because they wont' pass but because it is expensive and may require changes they'd rather not do. Do you remember all those UGLY sports cars in the 80s with the HUGHE bumpers replaceing the svelte Eureopan ones ??

The Noble chassis is a race-cage with side bars. Stronger than the Ford Focus for sure I've not seen any official crash test results for the Noble chassis , I'll ask next time at track as there are a couple up there. They WILL have been tested and to more rigorous standards than 40mph head on and side impact !!

And as for US emissions, an expense on top of Eureopan emissions they dont' need to do if they do it in the US as a kit. Complain to your congressman if you want them fully facroy built One world standard should be fine !!!

They ARE sports cars. Trust me, if you get a shot in one you'll realise
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Do you remember all those UGLY sports cars in the 80s with the HUGHE bumpers replaceing the svelte Eureopan ones ??
    Let's not forget the hideous bulges on the Ameritech F1's...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

when will a Mini take on a 288 GTO? what about an MGB and an SLR?

but i wasnt comparing the enzo and the m12 in my statement, was i?, i was pointing out how dumbass my friend was in saying the skyline could beat an enzo

regardless of speeds~times~stuff like that, the enzo will outlive the skyline,
    pondering things

when will a Mini take on a 288 GTO? what about an MGB and an SLR?
    I'm sure with the right tuning, parts, and driver, it can.

Quote Originally Posted by targe
    but i wasnt comparing the enzo and the m12 in my statement, was i?, i was pointing out how dumbass my friend was in saying the skyline could beat an enzo
    I wasn't insulting you on your comparison or anything, i was broadcasting my opinion on the m12. Also, read my post again. your friend might not have been 'stupid' is he was refering to a drag race with a drag skyline.

regardless of speeds~times~stuff like that, the enzo will outlive the skyline,
    outlive? what do you mean by outlive? less maintenance?

I'm sure with the right tuning, parts, and driver, it can.
    no, it wont happen. dont get me wrong, i love mini's and the MGB, but i just dont see it hapening, ever

Also, read my post again. your friend might not have been 'stupid' is he was refering to a drag race with a drag skyline.
    no, thats still stupid~the enzo is infanatly better then the skyline, no matter what version it is

outlive? what do you mean by outlive? less maintenance?
    it will be more presteigous, be known longer, run longer(yes, it will)

its a car very out of the ordinary, where as the skyline is just another rice burner with an "awsome engine"

its just not as apealing
    Last edited by targa; 03-25-2005 at 07:19 PM.
    pondering things

no, it wont happen. dont get me wrong, i love mini's and the MGB, but i just dont see it hapening, ever
    You've got to be joking. Put a 10 year old first-time-driver in an enzo and michael schumacher in a mini, and schumacher will kill the 10 year old around nurhberg. (presuming the 10 year old can reach the pedals)

no, thats still stupid~the enzo is infanatly better then the skyline, no matter what version it is
    On the street yes, but if we had tunnel vision and only looked at drag racing, then a drag r32 would kill an enzo. Check out the 0-300km/h and quarter mile times for the skylines at www.exvitermini.com. The enzo's times pale in comparison to that. In some contexts, the skyline wins and in most contexts, the enzo wins.

it will be more presteigous, be known longer, run longer(yes, it will)

its a car very out of the ordinary, where as the skyline is just another rice burner with an "awsome engine"

its just not as apealing
    You're joking. An enzo will outlive a skyline? Maintenance on the brakes alone is something like 30 grand every thousand miles. Where's your info to back up your claim?

Not as appealing? Not appealing to you, but more appealing than Heidi Klum to others.
    Last edited by Godlaus; 03-25-2005 at 08:52 PM.

You've got to be joking. Put a 10 year old first-time-driver in an enzo and michael schumacher in a mini, and schumacher will kill the 10 year old around nurhberg. (presuming the 10 year old can reach the pedals)
    notice i said nothing about drivers in my statement

Quote Originally Posted by ~
    In some contexts, the skyline wins and in most contexts, the enzo wins.
    no kidding

Maintenance on the brakes alone is something like 30 grand every thousand miles. Where's your info to back up your claim?
    thats why Ferrari pays for everything, need new brakes, take it in, meed a transmission fixer, take it in, as a matter of fact, i think i read somewhere that the owner MUST take it in every 1000 hrs for an overhaul

more appealing than Heidi Klum to others.
    thats gay
    Last edited by targa; 03-25-2005 at 09:33 PM.
    pondering things

Thread Information