Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bmw's X6

That isnt an X6. Its a V5 concept. A sketch of a possible MPV BMW drew up a couple of years ago.

It looks like a Renault Espace.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Elswick, England (Home of the world famous Bonds' Ice Cream!)
    X6 *shudders*
    UCP's No.1 Koenigsegg & Aston Martin fan!
    UCP's Biggest Feeder fan!

Bmw+mpv is somehow very wrong to me...

This is a quote out of Motor Trend magazine (April 2005 vol. 57) from Helmut Panke, Chairman of BMW AG.

"Journalists wrote that BMW was boring, that the 7-series looked like the 5-series, which looked liked the 3-series. We had to spread out the positioning of those models and with more new models coming, we couldn't just stick to one design. We've sold more 7-series in the past three and a half years then we did of the previous generation, but i'd much rather have the market success without the critical debate. I'd be much happier if we had the same sales figures without being told we are deserting our core customers ."

Well first of all I did not find any of the previous generations boring. BMWs used to be the kind of cars that were easy to recognize. Even someone who knew absolutely nothing about cars could point a BMW in rush hour traffic. BMWs for decades had followed a design trend that everyone loved but made the cars individually special and instant classics.

As for deserting core customers they certainly deserted me. My family has owned 2 BMW (1 currently) over the past decade and we probaly wont be buying a new BMW unless their design studios get their act together when the next generation cars are released. I admit that some of their new designs are growing on me (particularly the 6-series and the Z4) but mabye BMW will end up doing what Porsche did with the new 997, taking a step back to an older design that the world loved.

Oh and I got so caught up in writing that load of crap that I forgot to mention the X6. Back n 2003 I heard that an X7 (a full-size SUV) was in development. What I dont know is if this is that car (ahem truck) under a different name. Man it is really ugly...

it looks like a Seat Altea chop

but bad

Yeah quattro_20v bmw+mpv doesnt mix.

Quote Originally Posted by MRR
    This is a quote out of Motor Trend magazine (April 2005 vol. 57) from Helmut Panke, Chairman of BMW AG.

"Journalists wrote that BMW was boring, that the 7-series looked like the 5-series, which looked liked the 3-series. We had to spread out the positioning of those models and with more new models coming, we couldn't just stick to one design. We've sold more 7-series in the past three and a half years then we did of the previous generation, but i'd much rather have the market success without the critical debate. I'd be much happier if we had the same sales figures without being told we are deserting our core customers ."

Well first of all I did not find any of the previous generations boring. BMWs used to be the kind of cars that were easy to recognize. Even someone who knew absolutely nothing about cars could point a BMW in rush hour traffic. BMWs for decades had followed a design trend that everyone loved but made the cars individually special and instant classics.

As for deserting core customers they certainly deserted me. My family has owned 2 BMW (1 currently) over the past decade and we probaly wont be buying a new BMW unless their design studios get their act together when the next generation cars are released. I admit that some of their new designs are growing on me (particularly the 6-series and the Z4) but mabye BMW will end up doing what Porsche did with the new 997, taking a step back to an older design that the world loved.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE shut up with the whole "BMW's are ugly" arguements. They are getting VERY VERY old! Find something else to debate for once. Design is all about change and like it or not, it happens. So get used to it.

Once again: That's not the X6 or anything that looks like a possible X6.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Bukra Fil Mishmish!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverG35SportC
    Yes the X6.

BMW plans to build multipurpose vehicle called X6, sources say
    AUTOMOTIVE NEWS
    Posted Date: 2/28/05

MUNICH, Germany -- BMW will build a multipurpose vehicle called the X6, supplier sources say.

Sources at two suppliers familiar with the project say they are being asked to provide price quotes on parts for the vehicle, according to Automotive News Europe, a sister publication to Automotive News and AutoWeek.

The sources say the X6 will be built at BMW's Spartanburg, S.C., plant.

A spokesman for BMW Manufacturing Corp. in Spartanburg did not confirm the plans.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101895
    La voiture c'est il ne pas la X6 du future C'ast solement Photoshop!ne pas mal pour un photoshopje! La premier
    C'est a Frankfurt ou geneve

You're so write!(right)!

Quote Originally Posted by andy.muc
    Once again: That's not the X6 or anything that looks like a possible X6.
    C'est VRAI!(tell'em'Allonez vous'!

Guest Guest
    please dont revive dead threads!

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    what ISNT bmw planning at the moment
    anything that mercedes hasn't already had the idea for...

Thread Information