Thread: Jaguar XK 4.2 S

Jaguar XK 4.2 S

THE XK 4.2-S UNVEILED AT THE 2005 GENEVA SHOW

New 4.2-S special edition models unveiled at the 2005 Geneva International Salon (March 1st) mark another advance for the Jaguar XK – and confirm there has never been a better time to buy one of these highly desirable sports cars.

Available as either coupe or convertible, with a choice of two V8 engines – one of them supercharged – the new 4.2-S can be ordered now. Buyers will own a car that is widely recognised as a modern classic, with looks, performance and poise true to Jaguar's sports car lineage.

Encompassing all the styling features introduced last year to give the XK a bolder, even more sporting appearance, the 4.2-S package also upgrades the cabin with a compelling blend of visual changes and an increased level of specification that sees many premium features becoming standard equipment.
    “Few people can walk past the Jaguar XK8 or XKR without turning and admiring the car’s exquisite lines and unmistakeable curves,’’ says Ian Callum, design director, Jaguar Cars. “Last year we made sure that the XK range was able to stand the test of time with a wide range of exterior design changes such as a deeper mouth for the front air intake, new sills and a revised rear bumper and spoiler. Now we have additional new unique colours and interior trims to allow customers to drive a Jaguar with a bespoke interior feel.”

The 4.2-S heads the 2006MY XK range. It will be offered in four new limited edition exterior metallic colours – Copper Black, Frost Blue, Bay Blue and Satin Silver – in addition to the wide palette already in existence. With four interior colours and two distinct veneer options for the instrument panel, this creates up to 11 possible combinations. XK8 models will offer a new luxurious Elm wood veneer as standard for the interior trim, while XKR cabins will be lined with a sporty Carbon Fibre veneer set, with Elm veneer as a non-cost option (not available on XKR in North America). A further unique feature of the 4.2-S models will be the full soft-grain leather interior with contrast stitching located on the seats, centre console and door linings. A new interior carpet colour, Dove, is also offered for the first time on a Jaguar.

In recognition of Jaguar's racing heritage, special badging and accents adorn the 2006MY models, including the 4.2-S. Polished door treadplates feature chequered flag emblems and leather-edged embossed floor mats line the footwells. The revised white Jaguar Growler badge on the bonnet also features new chequered flag accents on the sides of the emblem. New darkened rear light clusters further enhance the sporting credentials of the Jaguar XK range.

The XK8 models feature 19-inch 'Atlas' style wheels, while the XKR models get a new, unique 20-inch BBS Perseus wheel. The XKR also gets cross-drilled Brembo brake discs with red brake callipers to reinforce its sporting credentials.

The additional specification of the new 4.2-S models are attributes above and beyond those that mark out every Jaguar XK as special. As well as providing a thrilling driving experience, the XK bristles with features and technologies that allow drivers to relax and enjoy themselves to the full. These include not only advanced Dynamic Stability Control, but also Adaptive Cruise Control and, of course, Jaguar's A.R.T.S Adaptive Restraint Technology System.

“All Jaguars are special, but the XK has always had its own unique attraction,” comments Jaguar managing director, Bibiana Boerio. “As well as being a truly beautiful car, the fact that we have progressively updated the technologies and specifications makes it all the more desirable – and the new 4.2-S is a perfect example of this.”
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

THE 2006MY JAGUAR XK SERIES AT-A-GLANCE

- New 2006MY XK models feature extra specification, high levels of premium features as standard and new ‘bespoke feel’ interiors, making them the best of their generation
    - Available in all four derivatives – XK8 and XKR Coupes and Convertibles
    - Four limited edition exterior colours – Copper Black Metallic, Frost Blue Metallic, Bay Blue Metallic and Satin Silver Metallic – in addition to other current popular XK colours
    - Standard Bluetooth® wireless connectivity on all models
    - Upgraded, 19-inch 'Atlas' wheels on XK8
    - New, unique 20-inch BBS Perseus wheel on XKR
    - Chequered flag details on the revised white Jaguar Growler badge and the polished door treadplates
    - Unique ‘4.2-S’ rear badge on XK8 and XKR models outside North America
    - Premium soft-grain leather seating surfaces and interior trim
    - Leather-edged floor mats
    - In short, this is the finest example of the current generation of Jaguar XK to date
    - The 2006MY XK range: XK8 Coupe 4.2 V8 XK8 Convertible 4.2 V8 XKR Coupe 4.2 V8 Supercharged XKR Convertible 4.2 V8 Supercharged

THE POWER TO MATCH THE LOOKS

“The current Jaguar XK remains one of the true delights in motoring,” says Phil Hodgkinson, Director, Product Engineering, Jaguar Cars. “The AJ-V8 is one of the greatest Jaguar engines ever and with an array of high-tech engineering solutions and driver aids beneath the bonnet, the 2006MY series will be a true driver’s car.”
    The XK8 coupe and convertible are powered by the normally aspirated, 300bhp (DIN), all-aluminium AJ-V8 Jaguar engine, while the supercharged XKR derivatives again pack a potent 400 horsepower (DIN). These significantly revised powertrains were introduced in 2003 along with a highly refined six-speed transmission that allows every XK model to deliver its power with a smoothness yet potency that could only come from a Jaguar. Every current XK can reach an electronically limited top speed of 155mph (250kph). In full XKR guise, the car will hit 60mph in just 5.2 seconds.
    In 2003, key safety features including Emergency Brake Assist (which increases brake force in an emergency) and Dynamic Stability Control were also added as standard. These complemented the already comprehensive range of enhanced electronics and other equipment options that focus on safety, comfort and ease at the wheel. All XK models are fitted with the Jaguar A.R.T.S. Adaptive Restraint Technology System (which senses the severity of a crash, the position of the driver and front-seat passenger and the usage of seatbelts to determine the most appropriate airbag deployment energy levels during a frontal crash) and Adaptive Cruise Control is an added optional extra. PREMIUM FEATURES AS STANDARD ON EVERY XK
    To ensure better value than ever before, every new 2006MY XK will come with a host of previously optional specification as standard, together with a number of new features including Bluetooth® wireless technology.
    The key 2006MY standard specification now includes electrically operated power-folding side mirrors, headlamp powerwashers, a heated front windscreen with automatic rain sensor, a cupholder, heated and electrically adjustable front seats with memory settings and Xenon headlamps for improved visibility when driving at night or in poor weather conditions.
    Other premium technology features that are also now included as standard fit to all models include Jaguar’s 320W, eight-speaker Premium sound system and Bluetooth® wireless connectivity (where license permits). With Bluetooth, a compatible telephone may be wirelessly operated via the XK's steering wheel controls, without ever leaving the driver's pocket or briefcase, for easy, hands-free use.
    Customers of supercharged XKR models will also now enjoy as standard a unique 20-inch BBS Perseus alloy wheel, red Brembo brake callipers and cross-drilled brake discs.
    “Jaguar delivers premium products that represent exceptional value,” states Jaguar Cars managing director, Bibiana Boerio. “The fact that we are making some of the popular options on the XK standard fitment reinforces this and makes our sports car even more desirable – and attainable.”

A TRUE AUTOMOTIVE PEDIGREE

“From the legendary XK120 that introduced the XK name to the roads, to the current range of coupes and convertibles, Jaguar’s XK sports cars have consistently set the benchmark when it comes to blending performance, luxury and grand touring ability.” Joe Greenwell, Chairman and CEO, Jaguar Cars.
    Generations of Jaguar XKs have graced the road for more than half a century. From the legendary lightweight XK120 sports car that was unveiled to a rapturous reception at the 1948 Earls Court Motor Show in London through the iconic E-type (or XK-E as it was also known) of the 1960s and 70s up to the high performance, technically advanced XK range on sale today, every Jaguar sports car to bear the name has been synonymous with sophistication, luxury, performance and beauty in motoring.
    Initially designed as a limited edition to demonstrate that Jaguar’s new straight six-cylinder DOHC engine was capable of reaching 120mph, the original XK soon entered mass production and by 1950 became one of the most desired sports cars on the market. The roadster was soon followed by a coupe version that set new standards of luxury and comfort for sports cars.
    The XK120 was replaced in 1954 with the XK140, which improved upon the original design with a more spacious interior as well as more horsepower. In 1957, Jaguar introduced the XK150, a car that built on the success of the previous models and was the first road-going Jaguar to use disc brakes, a technology the company had brilliantly trialled during its successful C-type and D-type Le Mans 24 Hours race programme. In 1961 came the legendary E-type, a car that is recognised as one of the greats in motoring history.
    This impressive lineage provides a fitting backdrop to today's generation of XK coupes and convertibles, the first of which had as significant an impact as the original XK120 when they were first unveiled in 1996. When the original XK8 was launched, this elegant, high-performance sports car again set new standards in the luxury sporting market. As Jaguar's first new sports car in two decades – and the first for a whole new generation of buyers – the XK8 became the fastest-selling sports car in Jaguar's history.
    In 1998, Jaguar upped the ante once more with the unveiling of the awesome supercharged XKR. With stunning performance, the R Performance version added another dimension to the XK story. From its curvaceous nose and raked-back windshield to its muscular rear haunches, the XKR displayed all the power and visual beauty of the animal it is named after.
    Over the past four years, a number of XK 'collector' editions have been offered, including the 2001 XKR 'Silverstone' and the 2002 XKR 100, the latter released to mark the centenary of the birth of Jaguar’s founder, Sir Williams Lyons (1902-1985).
    Now, the 2006MY Jaguar XK 4.2-S range completes the latest stage in the evolution of a remarkable series of cars.

Jaguar XK 4.2 S #5

The "S" Stands for "Sucker" because you'd be a sucker to spend that much money on a new XK with an infinately better model months away from launch.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    The "S" Stands for "Sucker" because you'd be a sucker to spend that much money on a new XK with an infinately better model months away from launch.
    The first and last of a car always appreciate in value when compared to everything inbetween....so, maybe it's not so bad.

I would like to see what else Jaguar is bringing out, if it is alot cooler than this than it must be pretty awesome. This is a really qualified car. Believe it or not my nieghbor has 2 jaguar XK8's. They bought a Red one and then saw a gold one at the dealer and just loved it. They tried selling the red one but it didn't sell so they kept em both. (they a quite a bit of money)
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

there are quite a few around here, and they never fail to look gorgeous: not in your face looks but stylish. although there was one red one with gold wheel arches (yuk)

Quote Originally Posted by manik_890
    I would like to see what else Jaguar is bringing out, if it is alot cooler than this than it must be pretty awesome.
    You know the "Aluminium Lightweight Concept"?

That is the new XK, and it is coming out in mere months.

It is going to cost about the same, yet it will perform and handle better than the old XK, and you can actually fit people in it.

Buying an old XK now isn't really a good investment.
    Thanks for all the fish

It is going to cost about the same, yet it will perform and handle better than the old XK, and you can actually fit people in it.
    You see the Louis Vuitton store in the background of the last pic?
    I think that's the main purpose for the car. Who cares about handling and performance?
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

You know the "Aluminium Lightweight Concept"?

That is the new XK, and it is coming out in mere months.

Buying an old XK now isn't really a good investment.
    I fit in the present XK
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

an XK i found parked near my town on someones driveway

more... unfortunately i found no owner,cos i would have asked him for a ride

Thread Information