Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Porsche Panamera

2009 Porsche Panamera

Porsche Panamera: The fourth line
    Porsche is to bring out a four-door GT with V8 and V10-Motor in 2009 under the model name Panamera .
    The concept will be presented by autumn at the IAA to the public.
    After Cayman for the Boxster Coupé (debut on the IAA in the autumn) now Panamera for the fourth Porsche line.
    The Stuttgart sportscar manufacturers protected both names on the same day (15.1.2004) at the German patent office.
    At the latest by autumn this year Porsche wants to present its concept for the fourth line.
    The most important first in brief:
    It's a four-door and four-seated front engine car with rear- and all-wheel drive, V8 and V10-engines with a range from 340 to over 600 PS.
    The prices are to be settled between 100.000 and 150.000 €.
    Annually 20,000 units are focused.
    The assembly in Leipzig is to begin 2009.

Cool.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Which reminds me of the stock discussion... porsche might be worth investing in?
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Ugh, a four door car from a sports car maker? I don't know if I like this, but it looks good, and it could be against the Maser and the M5. Thats a growing market, I definetly like it but still the four doors scare me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    Ugh, a four door car from a sports car maker?
    How short is your memory dude? Porsche already make one! And it's a bloody SUV!

Porsche are lacking credability right now in my book. After the whole Cayenne debacle you'd think they'd be showing us more supercars to dream about at night. But no. They show us saloons. Where are you taking us Porsche? I'd like to see how well those Porsche shares are fairing after they introduce their new 5 door shopping buggy...

Porsche is a technology manufacturer that just happens to build cars. They've been making farm equipment since before WW2, and during WW2 built tank engines. They hold THOUSANDS of patents on electronics and software.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Blasphemy! Quit watering down your reputation or soon you won't have one at all.

Every car manufacturer has to adapt to suit market tastes.

You can either go on the same way and eventually dry out, or you can adapt to market changes and keep your company afloat.

Which would you pick?

I go towards global markets and peoples needs. Obviously, each gender has a different taste in cars, but I find alot of men are looking for sports sedans to sooth their tastes. So this Porsche may be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini

Porsche are lacking credability right now in my book. After the whole Cayenne debacle you'd think they'd be showing us more supercars to dream about at night. But no. They show us saloons. Where are you taking us Porsche? I'd like to see how well those Porsche shares are fairing after they introduce their new 5 door shopping buggy...
    Acctually if they believe they'd make money on it they'd do it. It's all about money. There is only so many customers for a car like the carrera gt, but with a car like cayenne they got loads of new customers who'd never concider buying one of their performance cars.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Precisely. The Cayenne may not suit the purists but it adds some variety to Porsches line-up and therefore they have more chance of attracting new customers.

^^LoL

If it made my wallet nice and heavy I'd do it too.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

everything is kool except for the 4 door part :S

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77
    Blasphemy! Quit watering down your reputation or soon you won't have one at all.
    You're funny.

Anyway, it's a logical evolution, I'm not surprised at all and I kinda like the idea of a Porsche saloon (I do hate the Cayenne because it's ugly, not because it's a 4 door Porsche). As said it's all about money. And that's not a bad thing, the more different cars out there the more we can talk about it here

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini

How is the Cayenne a debacle? They're selling out of them in my area. I see more Cayennes a day than Hummer 2's. And that's saying something. They're mostly the S and Turbo versions, too. So Porsche is doing very well selling them.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

the more different cars out there the more we can talk about it here
    And consequently insults them

Thread Information