Thread: Need help finding a race track.

Need help finding a race track.

Ok, My dad is considering taking me to a race track sometime. I have searched, and I either get horse racing or something about nascar schedules, so help would be useful. I am trying to find a paved track, and a real track, not an oval. Preferably close to the Maryland/Washington DC area, but it is not neccasary, just an "if-possible". Another very important part however, is that we can rent seomthing fun for the day, at the track, or from somewhere nearby. Please help!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Here you go. I just found this so I'm not sure if it works well but try it out.

http://www.chasinracin.com/track-locator/

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    Here you go. I just found this so I'm not sure if it works well but try it out.

http://www.chasinracin.com/track-locator/
    Already saw it. Helped.......a bit

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I know there's Lime Rock Raceway in Connecticut I think, but that's about all I know in the East. Have you googled any terms like "Raceway Directory" or "Roadrace Directory"? I know I found the local drag strips by looking for specific directories. I'll look after dinner and see what I can find for ya.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Look for car clubs in maryland and surrounding states, they might list events at local tracks.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Also a google on trackday is enough. Every track is now efforting them. Add the state and you shoudl get some listed. As Johnny says, car clubs are your best starting place - they can also often hoook you up with one of their trackdays and get it cheaper. We're doing a whole day at Crail for 12 of us for £35 each 1/4 mile, track and drift bowl. Coem on over to Scotladn and do it
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Where exactly are you at in Maryland? Some tracks might have racing style go karts (like the ones most good racers start out in) for rent. If your looking to drive a car around a racetrack you'll probably have to enroll in a performance driving class or sign up for a track day and take your own car.

http://www.beaverun.com/ this track is just north of Pittsburgh, PA. It's not really a spectator track, its intended primarily for track days and local club racing.

http://www.midohio.com/ Great track, they have a bunch of cool races, they also have a performance driving school.

http://www.virclub.com/

It does not neccasarily have to be in Maryland. I am about 20 minutes out from DC in montgomery county. Any nearby states (delaware, pennsylvania, new jersey, virginia) are good too.

Renting may not be an issue after all! I have found online someone who rents out a gts viper ( ) and once I find a track, my dad will give the viper some nice consideration.

Don't know if you want to drive ~6 hours, but in the summer time Pocono Raceway has track day events. The track is a 2.5 mile tri-oval with a road course.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

sounds fun
    UCP's Most Hardcore 2 Door Performance Car Freak

UCP's Most Hardcore Fitness Freak

Im Going To Be A Millionare At 17

Argue Me If You Want ^^

Thread Information