Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Row over Clarkson honorary degree

Row over Clarkson honorary degree

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/4558633.stm
    check the petition ,
    "he's a lanky prat"
    haha

haha there campaigning and wonder if the same thing that happened to rover will happen to them ?
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

My goodness those people are harsh. I think its funny though because I like him for why they hate him.

This makes a joke of all degrees out there. As a journalist Clarkson has never provided a balanced view and essentially uses his position to air his views. In awarding this degree Oxford Brookes looses its credibility as a serious educational establishment.
    I think all he does is provide balance! I think he tells you just how the car is.

As an graduate (Oxford, 1967) I feel that an Honorary Degree should awarded to someone who has madea real contribution tp society
    and I think that an Oxford grad should have better spelling and grammer.

Oxford Brookes should not ruin their reputation.
    51st out of 100 in the times university league tables. maybe he would riun it that much...

also transport2000's arguments are flawed as clarkson owns what about 5 cars, which means that at any one time he's not driving four which is reducing the level of pollution from cars

"The nomination was made on the grounds that Clarkson is a high-profile figure in these areas and has a real passion for engineering and high standards in engineering production. This is what is being recognised by the award"
    If this is the case, why is he being awarded the degree for enviormental reasons? I'm not saying JC is or isn't deserving of the degree on enviornmental grounds, I don't know enough about the man to say either or. But if it's his passion for engineering the basis, why not ward it for that and avoid the contreversy?
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

clarkson doesnt like porsches.
    i like porsches.

therefore jeremy clarkson does not like.

so why should i care...

He hit a tree and suposedly ran over a bog. FUSILATE HIM!!!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

he drove a porsche into a builting then dropped a grand piano on it then blew it up

still like him lol
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

hes a dick!
    Tiff and Jason are much better.

whatever...

I think he's brilliant, I little OTT at times I know, but by far the most interesting car columnist.

And what did Rover expect, they have been producing absolute crap for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    I think he's brilliant, I little OTT at times I know, but by far the most interesting car columnist.

And what did Rover expect, they have been producing absolute crap for years and years.
    couldn't have worded it any better
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Tiff and Jason have much crispier looks at cars, clarkson jokes around and keeps viewers entertained, i would like to see him do a decente critic to a car, almost all supercars that go on top gear are the best... one week after the other the car is great.. just take a look at the viper, it's crap, we all know it but in top gear none of that was said, i wish it could be a true car enthusiast (like us) show and a less "for the masses" entertainment.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Like I said,
    Clarkson(TG) is more 'personality' of the car, what it is, what it can do to you and what it isn't, and what it cant do to you
    Tiff(FG) is more 'technical' towards the car, just what it can do and just what it cant

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    hes a dick!
    Tiff and Jason are much better.
    Seriously ?

Tiff's head can't fit into any race helmet and Plato is a born-again tosser

JC's not a god, BUT at least he doens't hype himelsf above hsi capabilities.
    He always admits he doesnt' understand the workgin os cars and only talks about the "fun" and "coolness"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

What J.C should do is take one of the latest torque monsters by Mercedes, drive it too where the protestors are at, and do the largest burn out you've EVER seen.

Thread Information