Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing Cars Pictures - High Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    some F1 pics i am looking forward to be a F1 driver but dont know how to get theri
    These days, if you're not National Kart champion by the age of 12 you can forget it
    And you have sponsirhips to win Formula Renault by 16 !!

Quote Originally Posted by CassioC
    Here are some F1 pictures. Jim Clark, Ayrton Senna (God), and an old Lotus from the 70's
    It's a Lotus 72.
    I think it may be Ickx, but I'm not sure as his helmet usually had a white line around the visor opening. But if this was Brazil or similar where they raced with very dark visors it may be blocking the markings.
    Do you know where the photo was taken ?

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    It's a Lotus 72.
    I think it may be Ickx, but I'm not sure as his helmet usually had a white line around the visor opening.
    Are you sure? I can't remember Ickx ever driving a works Lotus. His helmet was also a tat more blue than on the pic. Could be Fittipaldi.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Are you sure? I can't remember Ickx ever driving a works Lotus. His helmet was also a tat more blue than on the pic. Could be Fittipaldi.
    Yep, 1974-75, black helmet.
    Amon had BLUE are you maybe thinking of him ?
    Fittipaldi had a red stripe.

I had to check the years and found the origianl photo at this web site.
    It *IS* Ickx from 1975. See http://www.jacky-ickx-fan.net/french/gal_F1_1975.php - Espagne.

Here's one I rmembered from 74 .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 01-18-2004 at 02:31 PM.

Yep, 1973, black helmet.
    Amon had BLUE are you maybe thinking of him ?
    Fittipaldi had a red stripe.
    It's possible it's a recent outing of one of the cars with a modern driver of course
    Well I have the Tamiya 1/12 312B with Ickx at the wheel. His helmet had to be painted metallic blue. The white rim is there. On this site there is a pic of Ickx driving a Ferrari 512M very recently, and here he seems to have a sort of silver helmet. I saw him last year in zolder driving a BMW 700CS (his very first racer) but I can't remember the helmet.
    You may be right about a contemporary shot, but it looks original, so let's wait for the guy who comes up with the right answer.

You may be right about a contemporary shot, but it looks original, so let's wait for the guy who comes up with the right answer.
    I'd edited my post with an update
    The picture is from the site I listed.

I'd edited my post with an update
    The picture is from the site I listed.
    Convinced, I never realised that Ickx did have a works ride.

Well I have the Tamiya 1/12 312B with Ickx at the wheel. His helmet had to be painted metallic blue.
    Check out the early year picture at the tribute web site.
    He definately had a VERY metallic blue helmet in 67-68.
    Interesting photo at http://www.jacky-ickx-fan.net/Photos...Trophy_010.jpg and http://www.jacky-ickx-fan.net/Photos...01_RSA_020.jpg where the metallic blue takes the colour (black) from the car and surroundings.
    Checking through the site ( coz I always thought his helmet WAS black ) it's clear that some camera shots show black. trick of lighting.

I've the 312B ready to be built ( along with a few others ).
    I was going to suggest that Tamiya may not be right.
    I stripped and repainted most of my Tyrrel after I saw Jackie's in the Glasgow Transport Museum :-)

So, what's your model colletiction like ?
    Mine is only 2/3s built ( ie I have about 15 kits )
    Besides the classic Honda, Ferraris 312s B and T, Tyrrel and Lotus 72, Datsun 240Z Safari all in 1/12 scale.
    I've dozens in 1/43, 1/24, 1/20.
    Mainly all cars I've owned or loved and ALL the kits I can find of Matra and Alpine

Mainly all cars I've owned or loved and ALL the kits I can find of Matra and Alpine
    Nice site on Jacky Ickx, not unjustified that he has been recently proclaimed the best sportscar driver ever, and with the right car at the right time he could have been world champion F1 too.

To allow me to build all the kits I still have I'll probably need another century, but I more or less got every Tamiya F1 kit, with the majority still to be built. Interesting kits are also the Heller F1 and sports car series from the early seventies. You no doubt have seen the A110, (which is living on re-issued by various other producers), but does it make you jealous when I tell you that I still have an unbuilt version of the Ickx' Matra F2, with which he stunned the F1 world at the Nuerburgring in 1967?

Ayrton Senna Lotus car
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Thanks for the last Senna pic, lfb666. Didn't have that one. *saved it* In the other Lotus, I think that was Amon, although I'm not too sure since it was before my time...

In the meantime, here go some more Senna pics for the faithful

Quote Originally Posted by CassioC
    I think that was Amon
    It's OK, us 'oldies' have clarified this earlier in the thread. It was ICKX.

Check out the early year picture at the tribute web site.
    He definately had a VERY metallic blue helmet in 67-68.
    Interesting photo at http://www.jacky-ickx-fan.net/Photos...Trophy_010.jpg and http://www.jacky-ickx-fan.net/Photos...01_RSA_020.jpg where the metallic blue takes the colour (black) from the car and surroundings.
    Checking through the site ( coz I always thought his helmet WAS black ) it's clear that some camera shots show black. trick of lighting.
    Hi

I am the webmaster of Jacky Ickx Tribute website www.jacky-ickx-fan.net and I can say that Jacky Ickx's helmet was never black. These words were saying by Jacky himself. Even these days, when he uses to drive at Goodwood, Nurburgring or even his motorcycle, he's wearing a dark blue Bell with the same white lines.
    When he drove the BMW 700 at Zolder in June last year, he had no helmet. I don't think the car had safety belt but it was just a nice show.

JIF

Quote Originally Posted by j-ickx-fan
    Hi

I am the webmaster of Jacky Ickx Tribute website www.jacky-ickx-fan.net and I can say that Jacky Ickx's helmet was never black.
    Thanks for confirming that. ( and it was your website I used to check pictures over the years )
    Now Henk4 and I were checking Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari model instructions to see if we could decide how blue it was. It's not very helpful.
    Do you have an accurate colour rendition of it as it's clear from all the photos that it looks different darkness dependant on the surroundings ? As I've not built mine yet, I'd like to get it as close as possible.

Racing Cars Pictures High Resolution (size 1600x1200)........
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (145.7 KB, 67 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (177.5 KB, 45 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (168.0 KB, 18 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (155.7 KB, 16 views)
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Thread Information