Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Bit Dissapointed

A Bit Dissapointed

I must say so far im feeling rather lackluster about my purchase of Gran Turismo 4, there is no damage, and when trying to get your license if you touch anything even the slightest bit you fail, i have my A, B, and IB licenses, and i bought a Subaru WRX STI '95 and i got my ass handed to me in the subaru races
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

well the '95 was only the second ever model of the WRX. so thats understandable.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    I must say so far im feeling rather lackluster about my purchase of Gran Turismo 4, there is no damage, and when trying to get your license if you touch anything even the slightest bit you fail, i have my A, B, and IB licenses, and i bought a Subaru WRX STI '95 and i got my ass handed to me in the subaru races
    You can always just give it to me. Id be more than happy to have it.

dude in all the gran turismo games you have to mod your car or you'll have your ass handed to you, just turbo it and you'll smoke all those other subarus.

yeah its REALLY that simple Karrmann

to really have an advantage you will need to spend some time customising the settings of the car to the track, just like any real event really. What have you done to the car so far though?
    I am the Stig

I am not disappointed. Why? Because I have been playing GT ever since its launch so I can play the game properly. Obviously, If you are not good at the game, it is less enjoyable, but practice makes perfect. And about the damage. Wouldn't that affect the licensing.

Some if not most of the companies didn't want to have their cars seen with damage, so it was never implemented. Also, making damage models for that many cars would take years, and given the original intention of the game is to be able to drive your own car (hence all the different models of the same car, japanese because it is a japanese game) they would rather put more cars in.

ya i just bought it...its ok Much of the same just more of it. Alot of cars No ferrari, no lamborghini, no porsche.(RUF yes) The load times and all the menus are annoying. The driving is rather good though. The computer drives retarded still. And what is with music and menu sounds? I will probably play it for now, but once Forza comes out for the XBOX......Ill probably sell GT4 and my PS2...Yaaaa
    [FONT=Georgia]undefined[/FONT][COLOR=RoyalBlue]nescar23[/COLOR][IMG][B]nescar23[/B][/IMG]

Damn them for making a game that rewards good driving rather than wall riding and corner cutting!

Buy suspension and brakes before a big turbo. If you buy the turbo first, you'll end up overpowering the suspension and you'll lose more time in the corners than you gain. I actually ran into that problem last night in the Beetle Cup. My 400+ hp RSI couldn't hang with the Cup cars because I decided to be cheap and run the series without any kind of suspension/brake/tire work. The only race I won was Fuji, which is mainly a speed track.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

ok well i have the car, a racing chip, and $8,883, should i save up for a better car, or mod this one? how much is a new Sti? and will the mods carry over to your next car or does it join the garage? probably not carry over

EDIT: oh yeah, im less dissapointed now

Kaz (the creator) keeps hinting that damage would be in GT5 and on the new PS3. In my opinion, it would almost have to be. Time penalties, to me, just don't make sense, I hit a wall, face first and with no gain, I get a 5 second, 31 MPH penality. I just touch the bumper of the guy in front of me, the same penality, while he can RAM into me (screwed me up in the final Tsukuba WET race). I also believe that body work (like aero kits and beauty kits) and custom paint jobs will also need to be implimented in order for photo mode to REALLY shine (kinda sucks when you take a picture to show off and everyone has the same car). I wouldn't mind seeing more real life tracks and products (including oil and gasoline). Porsche (not RUF), Ferrari, and other big names need to really get on board. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more real life being implemented into the game as well (IE: You can get a loan, that you have to pay back, get sponsors, engines blow up and either you can repair it or have a tech repair it, etc.) I could go so much deeper, but I feel this is too long already.
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

My friend told me that the Nirburgring like all tracks is in real time and there is a 24 Hours of Nirburgring and it is crazy! I want to play the game but alas, I do not have PS2 or any gaming system for that matter.

Buy yourself some grippier tires. The soft compound semi-racing tires work very well for most of the series you'll be running early. After that, buy the semi-racing suspension (should cost about 7200Cr.). Drop it to about 5mm from minimum, adjust the shocks to 10/8 if you like a slightly loose car, and put ~2.5* camber up front and 1.0-1.5* at the rear. This should give you a good base line to start with, and just test and tune it from there to fit your driving style. Higher front stabilizer settings will loosen the car up too, so if it still wont turn how you want try adjusting that.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Ok i sold that shitty VW Lupo, got $3,500, and also i bought a racing oil cooler, so i have $7,500 right now, if i sell the subaru i will have about $10,000, but i want to save upi for a really good car

EDIT: theres no body kits? so im stuck with this ugly slow beast?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

i am so not dissapointed with this game. I love it, and although i have been reading about it every day since end 2003, im still amazed by the scale of it al!!

ps, i love the Mercedes Evo license for international b!!
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Thread Information