Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebaums world has a car forum or retards!

Ebaums world has a car forum or retards!

Ok, I was searching for something, and found something relatively related........at ebaums world. And.........I have never heard about a Skyline that had 1600 horsepower or a BMW M5 that had nearly 1500........First I just want to confirm this with you guys. I highly HIGHLY doubt this, but I have not exactly been a car fan my whole life.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

ive heard rumours, i guess its possible to get 1600 horsepower, but the gearbox wouldnt last longer than 12 seconds on a straight

"Forum or retards"?
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 03-13-2005 at 06:30 PM. Reason: can't spleel
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    ive heard rumours, i guess its possible to get 1600 horsepower, but the gearbox wouldnt last longer than 12 seconds on a straight
    That does make sense.........wouldn't you have to have like the most powerful turbo ever along with a massive load of NOS to do that though, after you break like 13k RPM? Also.........wouldn't the engine block melt or as you said, the gearbox rip itself into peices?

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    "Forum or retatrds"?
    More or less. Not all of them, but the ones who talk the most happen to be stjsdithascv;ithvdutigsly stupid.

didn't some of the late turbo era f1 cars have around 1600bhp. they seemed ok!

i agree that 1600 bhp on aroasd car is probaly just about impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    That does make sense.........wouldn't you have to have like the most powerful turbo ever along with a massive load of NOS to do that though, after you break like 13k RPM? Also.........wouldn't the engine block melt or as you said, the gearbox rip itself into peices?
    yeah, to get a gearbox made in order to handle that amount of power would have to specially made, especially for a road car like a skyline; even the pikes-peak racing skylines only have around 800hp. I would be surprised if it lasted longer than a few rides before getting completely burnt out and in need of a replacement. Besides, if you wanted to make a car as powerful as that, you wouldnt choose a skyline would you? Probably a ricer boy with too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    didn't some of the late turbo era f1 cars have around 1600bhp. they seemed ok!

i agree that 1600 bhp on aroasd car is probaly just about impossible.
    My point exactly, racing cars are designed for that amount of power, a skyline isnt, my bet is the only original part of the skyline would be the body, the rest would have to be completely new.
    Last edited by Cotterik; 03-13-2005 at 09:34 AM.

yeah, to get a gearbox made in order to handle that amount of power would have to specially made, especially for a road car like a skyline; even the pikes-peak racing skylines only have around 800hp. I would be surprised if it lasted longer than a few rides before getting completely burnt out and in need of a replacement. Besides, if you wanted to make a car as powerful as that, you wouldnt choose a skyline would you? Probably a ricer boy with too much money.

My point exactly, racing cars are designed for that amount of power, a skyline isnt, my bet is the only original part of the skyline would be the body, the rest would have to be completely new.
    maybe the floor mats aswell

badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

some of the old porsche race cars were capable of safely and reliably haveing 1600hp, but they were tuned down to 1100
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    HAHAHA! AWESOME!!!
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

I just checked out thier forums, they are morons.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    Has someone hacked your account?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    I just checked out thier forums, they are morons.
    Some guy is arguing that ANY AMG Mercedes can outdo most cars even on roads like in the Alps. Then I came in and mentioned the giant sedans they sometimes aid in, and they act like I said "the crayon is faster then your calculator".

nice link D - quik, but you have to admit it was a little random....
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Thread Information