OK as we all look at this title and say "Hey what the hell does that mean?", let me explain. From looking at Jags new Tonka-toy-excuse-for-a-sports-car concept, then taking a look at AM's stunning (if slightly repetitive) AMV8 Vantage, I've put my finger on why Jaguar haven't been allowed to make a good sports car since.... well since they've had the money to. I mean, surely a company like Ford can't be so inept as to let Jag slip into the state its in accidently can it? Can it?

As we look back through Jaguar and AM's sports cars, we hit the car that brought AM back into the spotlight, the Vanquish. Now I like the look of the Vanquish, however the problem is that it looks like a Jag. Sure it has the trademark AM grille, but it has a certain sleekness of proportion which was pretty much Jag's thing. AM's have usually had stubby muscular proportions in contrast to Jag's more sleek, delicate lines. And now AM has the sleek lines. Hmmm. Where does that leave Jaguar? Well, I don't know but when a company is marketed and supported on sticking with tradition, then its tradition is taken away, Jaguar arent in a good spot. The way I see it, they aren't allowed to make a stunning sports car (like we all know they can), because of the fear it will come out looking like an Aston.

Whadda we think?