Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donkervoort

Donkervoort

does anyone have the video of the Donkervoort ( it hink thats it) breaking the ring record?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

no one?

have a look at their website :
    http://www.donkervoort.nl/

YAY! i spelled it right!

i couldnt find anything about the nurburgring record on there, that is the car that beat it, right? i mean you would think they would want to announce it

they are pretty small, and they don't even advertise in their own country, let alone abroad, simply cost the money isn't there...

have a google search:
    i found these pictures:
    http://www.autovisie.nl/news/items/2...T1314398_0.xml

yup, thast the one im thinking of, could you say what they are saying? i cant read it

I think its quite cool that the car beat the Carrera GT's record at the ring.

but that is a special version also, tuned much higher than the fastest donkervoort, the cgt is bone stock

a bone stock CGT is still a supercar.

EDIT:
    in 2004 Porsche’s ronderecord op de Nordschleife werd aangescherpt van 7 minuten en 32 seconden tot 7 minuten en 18 seconden

in 2004 Porsche's recorded on the Nordchleife was broken from 7 min and 32 seconds to 7 min 18 seconds.

thats allllllll that matters!

2nd EDIT: this is going to get really sketchy interpretation here so bear with me:

De Nederlandse sportwagenfabrikant heeft een uitstekend jaar achter de rug met twee overwinningen tijdens de prestigieuze Tuner Grand Prix. Bovendien veegde het merk afgelopen november de vloer aan met het door Porsche gevestigde ronderecord op de Nürburgring. Donkervoort laat ons delen in de overwinningsroes met een gelimiteerde oplage van de D8. De 270 RS heeft dezelfde 1,8-liter Audi-turbo als alle andere D8’en, maar in dit geval levert het blok 270 pk. Dat is maar liefst zestig pk meer dan de tot nu toe krachtigste D8, de 210. Wie de auto’s uit elkaar wil houden, moet goed kijken. De 270 RS onderscheidt zich van zijn broers door een gewijzigde neus en een extra radiator. Op het ontbreken van een dak en de spoilers na is het exact dezelfde auto waarmee

the netherland magazine sportwagenfabrikant (i think) met at the prestigous tuner grand prix. in november they set out to break porshes recorded top lap time on the nürburgring. Donkvoort used their D8. the 270 RS version uses a 1.8 litre audi turbo enigne. producing 270 PK. i think elkaar wil houden is auto's driver.. uses and extra radiator or they damadged one and needed a replacement.. the spoilers were set up for maximum downforce and grip.

i hope thats right
    Last edited by whiteballz; 03-12-2005 at 11:21 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    a bone stock CGT is still a supercar.

EDIT:
    in 2004 Porsche’s ronderecord op de Nordschleife werd aangescherpt van 7 minuten en 32 seconden tot 7 minuten en 18 seconden

in 2004 Porsche's recorded on the Nordchleife was broken from 7 min and 32 seconds to 7 min 18 seconds.

thats allllllll that matters!

2nd EDIT: this is going to get really sketchy interpretation here so bear with me:

De Nederlandse sportwagenfabrikant heeft een uitstekend jaar achter de rug met twee overwinningen tijdens de prestigieuze Tuner Grand Prix. Bovendien veegde het merk afgelopen november de vloer aan met het door Porsche gevestigde ronderecord op de Nürburgring. Donkervoort laat ons delen in de overwinningsroes met een gelimiteerde oplage van de D8. De 270 RS heeft dezelfde 1,8-liter Audi-turbo als alle andere D8’en, maar in dit geval levert het blok 270 pk. Dat is maar liefst zestig pk meer dan de tot nu toe krachtigste D8, de 210. Wie de auto’s uit elkaar wil houden, moet goed kijken. De 270 RS onderscheidt zich van zijn broers door een gewijzigde neus en een extra radiator. Op het ontbreken van een dak en de spoilers na is het exact dezelfde auto waarmee

the netherland magazine sportwagenfabrikant (i think) met at the prestigous tuner grand prix. in november they set out to break porshes recorded top lap time on the nürburgring. Donkvoort used their D8. the 270 RS version uses a 1.8 litre audi turbo enigne. producing 270 PK. i think elkaar wil houden is auto's driver.. uses and extra radiator or they damadged one and needed a replacement.. the spoilers were set up for maximum downforce and grip.

i hope thats right
    Correct translation:

The Dutch sportscarmaker has had an excellent year with two victories in the prestigious Tuner cup. On top of that in November they smashed the Ring record set by Porsche. Donkervoort lets up particiapte in the glory by issuing a limited series of the D270RS, which has the same 1.8Turbo Audi engine s all D8's but with an additional 60 HP over the 210 BHP of the most powerful D8 up to now. One has to look carefully to spot the differences between the two cars, but the 270 has a slightly changed nose and an additional radiator. Bar from the absence of a roof and spoiler it is exactly the same car that...... (the quote stops here).

As soon as I have an opportunity I will post some pics of the record breaking car.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

well that settles it. i suck

i only had a year of german.. that was 3 years ago
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    well that settles it. i suck

i only had a year of german.. that was 3 years ago
    in that case you made a nice effort, German is not quite the same as Dutch
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    in that case you made a nice effort, German is not quite the same as Dutch
    i learned him a few words of dutch on msn.pretty darn good try though !!!!

Thread Information