Thread: What is a good laptop to get?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What is a good laptop to get?

I am thinking about buying a laptop. Since it will be mostly for taking notes *COUGH*other things I should not be doing in class*COUGH*, I am most likely going to get a Mac. I love my PC for gaming and it's everyday use, but I am not a huge fan of PC laptops.

Thinks I would like about the laptop:
    1) Yes, I know Mac's are not cheap, but try to keep it under 600 American dollars, preferably under 500.
    2) Wireless internet no matter where I am. This is not a requirement but it would be nice. I do not mean an airport thing, I mean ANYwhere. Kind of like an ethernet card type thing.
    3) I would prefer the best possible performance I can get for the prices listed, and the internet card must also fit in the price if it is added.

Not many other things I would like, except the cheaper the better. Performance wise, 2 or more Ghz would be good, preferably with 2 being the minimum, and AT LEAST 30 gig harddrive. A good video card is also a must, but nowhere NEAR top of the line, more like the equal to the processor. You get the general idea.

Ask if you want some more clarification.

EDIT: Ok, change of plans. The Mac mini is pretty much all I can afford, but it also seems to be perfect in terms of speed and harddrive. Is this a good thing for taking notes and writing programs?
    Last edited by CdocZ; 03-14-2005 at 06:37 PM.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Thread Information