Thread: A PC driving game that worth playing.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A PC driving game that worth playing.

I had been in this game for several months.
    it's called "Live for Speed" (kind of weird)
    and it should be great for car enthrucist. it's a multiplayer racing game where you can race against 15 players, on drag strip, skid pad auto X and proper race tracks.

cars are mostly domestic machine, from sedan to caterham like cars, and a formula SAE.

Physics is pretty accurate, very rewarding if you have a wheel.
    The players are mature, and come from different background,being able to race cleanly against 10+ rival is really fun. a lot of dog fights going on. and this game really take some skill. realism level should be even better than GT series.

the official Site. www.liveforspeed.net

some screenshot here.

cars are fictional, because of lisense issue. (it's a private project with not much budget.)
    but convincing performance. FR,4wd,FF,MR are all included.
    and yeah, you can make your own paintjob. (but require some level of graphic processing skill) or choose from the plain colours.(like NFS you can mix from RGB three channel.

go to the official site and have a look, just checked the registered racer's list, there're quite a number of supporters.
    Last edited by JJ72; 01-09-2004 at 11:20 AM.

the best racing game i have played recently would have to be need for speed: underground. many hours of racing and customisation had there. but then i would highlu recommend any of the NFS titles. theyre just brilliant. enthusiastically awaiting the release of underground 2!

this game looks pretty sweet too. iv just never heard of it. but like you say, it is a low budget thing. i wish it well.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    the best racing game i have played recently would have to be need for speed: underground. many hours of racing and customisation had there. but then i would highlu recommend any of the NFS titles. theyre just brilliant. enthusiastically awaiting the release of underground 2!

this game looks pretty sweet too. iv just never heard of it. but like you say, it is a low budget thing. i wish it well.
    NFS:Underdog is a great arcade title, with cool graphics, but the handling is just plain crap. The handling of LFS is so realistic that the McGill FSAE team use it to test setups etc. for the MRT5 [small open-wheeler seen in JJ72's post]. Two or three of the real-life MRT5 drivers are registered on the LFS Forum, and they say that the LFS handling is virtually identical to the real-life handling.

There are cars to suit almost anyone, with high and low-powered front and rear-drive cars, and a 4WD. Not at all bad for £12
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Thread Information