Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG

The New Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG

Pics

that car looks very very nice from the front 3/4 view

not sure bout the slr style bonnet though

I have to agree...

it is certainly a great looking car, but not quite as beautifull as the last generation. The new nose is definately a reason for this....I think it just looks a little too muscular on the SLK for my taste. I sure wouldn't mind owning one though .

Hey SL, any performance specs?
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

very nice this thing screams mercedes benz. i dont however like the wheels but overall this is a sweet ride
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

ok that looks much better than the normal slk...maybe they should have the amg cladding standard
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

This is really pissing me off.... they go and design another great car, lighter and more basic than the SL, and there's still no manual transmission. I'm sure they'd find loads more buyers if they'd just do this.

I can understand that something like the S-class is available with an automatic only, but this is just heinous. They build a true, powerful, and open-topped sports car, and then ruin the options list by disincluding the most basic need of that type of car

they did have a manual with the old slk 230 i dunno about this 1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    This is really pissing me off.... they go and design another great car, lighter and more basic than the SL, and there's still no manual transmission. I'm sure they'd find loads more buyers if they'd just do this.

I can understand that something like the S-class is available with an automatic only, but this is just heinous. They build a true, powerful, and open-topped sports car, and then ruin the options list by disincluding the most basic need of that type of car
    i agree
    if u really wanna see the power of this kind of car
    it should be a manual
    Fire Bangle ­­or give me back MY M5 and don't touch the M3

Thumbs up

I understand your anger, but do you think that some hot little spoiled rich girl would want manual transmission? The problem is that the majority of people would want automatic, I agree on that fact that Mercedes-Benz should offer a manual transmisson, but it's just not going to happen.
    People just find automatic more convenient.

I love the new dual exhaust on the new SLK, just like it's big bro the SL 55 AMG. Heard this thing will have a 5.5 Liter V8, pumping out something like 400 horse power, which is geat, considering the old SLK 32 AMG had a 3.2 Liter supercharged V6.
    This new design is so agressive! Little mini SLR.

actually i would much prefer merc to keep the old supercharged v6 unit as opposed to the v8 conterpart because of better weight distribution, plus the fact that the v6 compressor is a nice engine to look at.

Most of the Time I prefer the Mercedes-Benz and not the AMG-versions. But this time I should prefer the AMG

Thumbs up

Wow , I'm in total love with it, what a beast

yes,the SL55 is really heavy
    but i read this in a car magazine(which they tested an sl55):
    they wrote:you can use the transmission as a automatic,manual with clutch or change the gears on steering wheel.
    so the SL55 is manual and automatic,if you see a sl55 (next time)look at the interior of car and youll find the clutch,hehe

gr8 car ......
    i love it but again the same problem that i have with MB ....SAME DESIN AGAIN ALLLLLLLLL LOOK SIMILAR and the nose is tooo long
    but it s realy a nice mashin i like it

Thread Information