Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So we've taken the plunge...

So we've taken the plunge...

and signed on the dotted line for a new Prius (T4 in silver with dark grey leather). It arrives in 8 weeks. I'll tell you how it goes.
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

TN55- latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving liberal extraordinaire

Karmann is now your best friend .. ever heard of witness relocation? Just kidding Karmann I treid to get my mum to get a Prius for a laugh .. she got a Rover 116i instead Good choice though mate .. i wouldve bought something different but its a matter of opinion i suppose. Dont forget to plaster it in UCP car stickers .. now theres an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonutter55
    and signed on the dotted line for a new Prius (T4 in silver with dark grey leather). It arrives in 8 weeks. I'll tell you how it goes.

You have signed your life away mate.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

You can get all those anti-pollution bumper stickers like "Give a hoot, Don't Pollute" and "Its my earth, not an ashtray" and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    You have signed your life away mate.
    What do you mean? It's a fine car, and it's not meant to be a fun car. For that, we have a FIAT 500R. This is just meant for taking a largish family around London, and it both avoids the congestion charge and consumes less British petrol at $6-7 per gallon.
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

What do you mean? It's a fine car, and it's not meant to be a fun car. For that, we have a FIAT 500R. This is just meant for taking a largish family around London, and it both avoids the congestion charge and consumes less British petrol at $6-7 per gallon.

Its not a fine car at all, they are awful
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Its not a fine car at all, they are awful
    Don't be a moron. At least try to explain why you think this without saying something like "they are awful because they suck".

yeah the prius is the shit. personally i'd like one. the first gen is ugly tho but the 2nd gen is fine. as to how you explain why it is crap (other than the price) is beyond me.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

good for you, shows class by saving the earth. Hell if it wasnt for earth we wouldnt have the prius.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

If it wasn't for the earth we would not have ALPACAS!

Make sure you get a Alpaca bumper sticker!

Even the price isn't that bad in the UK. The guy at the Toyota showroom (admittedly biased, but I checked up and he's telling the truth) said that if we had gone to the Ford dealership down the road and asked for a Mondeo (the same size as a Prius or smaller) for what we're spending on our car, we wouldn't get nearly as much kit. Ours has the aforementioned leather, 6-disc autochanger with 9 speakers, parking sensors, way too many airbags, climate control, the list goes on and on...
    As for power, it's equal to most European 2 to 2.5-litre diesels, with less emissions and better mileage.
    And we won't get bumper stickers. They'd spoil the clean lines, and block the parking sensors which we are relying on to save us a couple of thousand on bodywork (our last car had its share of run-ins with parked cars or concrete bollards...). Also, bumper stickers aren't as popular in the UK.
    Last edited by Turbonutter55; 03-19-2005 at 03:43 PM.

UCP mac user #3

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Don't be a moron. At least try to explain why you think this without saying something like "they are awful because they suck".
    Because in Britain diesel is everywhere.

40mpg is rubbish mileage if you are comparing it to diesels, even my dad's (petrol) Swift gets more than 40mpg.

a couple thousand on body work? isnt it a plastic car?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Alpaca
    If it wasn't for the earth we would not have ALPACAS!

Make sure you get a Alpaca bumper sticker!
    What is up with you and alpaca's suddenly?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    What is up with you and alpaca's suddenly?
    I know I noticed that too........
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Thread Information