Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So we've taken the plunge...

Quote Originally Posted by Alpaca
    I'm wanting my mum to purchase a Jap Imported Prius, so we can save some money and buy some cool stuff
    with the premium price you pay for a hybrid it actually takes about 3 years before you saving money on fuel compared to a similar sized car
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    Who the **** cares if it's ugly?? Who cares if it's not fast? It's a god damned economy car, made to run around town and go places without using much gas, which it does incredibly well. Anyone who pisses and moans about a car not being fast or pretty when it clearly was not made to be either deserves to be shot.

Punk kids.

On that note, good job, Turbonutter. That thing should last a loooooooong time.

AMEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpaca
    I'm wanting my mum to purchase a Jap Imported Prius, so we can save some money and buy some cool stuff

Like an alpaca transporter trailor?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    Who the **** cares if it's ugly?? Who cares if it's not fast? It's a god damned economy car, made to run around town and go places without using much gas, which it does incredibly well. Anyone who pisses and moans about a car not being fast or pretty when it clearly was not made to be either deserves to be shot.

Punk kids.

On that note, good job, Turbonutter. That thing should last a loooooooong time.
    Most people driving around town would rather be seen in something that looks like it was desinged by pinifaria then something that looks like it was designed by a 5 year old ON CRACK.

A car sells to more people when, if they see it, people think, "wow check out that awesome car! Quick get the camera!" instead of, "AHHH!! My eyes are bleeding!!!!".

All cars should look good. I don't care about going fast, but at least have some decensy in the design.

In conclusion, EVERYBODY cares if the car looks good, because if someone sees a really nice looking car that gets 50 MPG and is 27,000 there probably gonna buy it. The Prius sold a lot, but it probably would've sold more if it looked better...

Nobody sells a car withought a working engine, why sell a car without a working body? Beats me.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    AMEN!!!
    BTW Karrman, you just called the Prius ugly. AMEN!!!

Carlover, it is a working body. Its designed to help with aerodynamics, thus giving better fuel economy. Its not even that ugly, just a little boring, as are alot of cars these days really. Its nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE near the Aztek.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    i would never, ever spend a base price of $27,000 on that pile

you could get such better cars for less

by the time you option it out to a good level, your looking at about $40,000 for that, get a 996 carrera

no accually, 27,000 bucks is the price for a fully loaded one.

20,000 is the base price.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Carlover, it is a working body. Its designed to help with aerodynamics, thus giving better fuel economy. Its not even that ugly, just a little boring, as are alot of cars these days really. Its nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE near the Aztek.
    I can think of many good looking cars that have fantastic aerodynamics and aren't necceseraly sports cars.

I got one, the first gen Mercury Sable had a CD ratio of .23 or so.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

And? It wasn't meant to be the worlds best looking car. It was meant to be a cheap to run family car. Its not exactly the next Ferrari. Do you hear anyone can complaining about the blandness of the new Corolla?

The First Gen Mercury Sable (Nee Ford Taurus) Does not have a Cd. of anywhere near .23. Try around .30.

In fact, the lowest car around that time in production was the Vauxhall/Opel Calibra, at .26.

And an Good looking car does not cost more to build than an ugly car; why bother making it "Functional" looking when you could make it desirable?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I'm sure you'd have to Pay Pininfarina to design a car for you if you were a car company, or anyone really. If they just get some random to design it, they don't need to spend unnescesary money on making it beautiful.

Basically the Prius is more of an appliance than a car. Its not meant to inspire exuberant feelings into your soul.

Inspiration does not come with a price tag.

Chris Bangle is paid just as much (Or more....) Than Chris Bird. one designs utterly repulsive cars, the other, Bland Fords.

Prius should not have been an appliance, it really should have started a revolution that would have inspired other car makers to build a better hybrid, ATM, there just sticking Battery packs in their normal cars.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    In fact, the lowest car around that time in production was the Vauxhall/Opel Calibra, at .26.
    .29 in road trim IIRC

I think the .26 may have been without door mirror(s)

Same as the A610 in 92.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I've been quoted as 0.26.

Sans wing mirrors would probably be about right........

Thanks for the Info.

Thread Information