Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which "3"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Which "3"

which of the BMW 3-series in e46 coupe form, barring the m3

i am trying to figure out which would be best overall, i know i have changed my "future car" countless times, but im narrowing in on a 2001 3 series

post acceleration/hp/torque figures

also does anyone know of a good m3 look body kit? all the ones ive found have the wrong rear valance

EDIT: also price is a MAJOR consideration, i will have about 15,000 to spend on it if i want new wheels and body kit, or $18-22,000 if i dont, i will be working for a catering company soon, so i will have an outside income as well

i am hoping to get grey as it looks awesome and doesnt get dirty easily (save money on car washes, or in my case, save effort on car washes)
    Last edited by my porsche; 03-20-2005 at 09:19 AM.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    also does anyone know of a good m3 look body kit? all the ones ive found have the wrong rear valance
    Just wondering, do you want to make the car look like something it isn't?(btw, I mean no offense, I'm just curious) If you want the M3 you should save the money on tuning the standard 3 and getting the M.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Just wondering, do you want to make the car look like something it isn't?(btw, I mean no offense, I'm just curious) If you want the M3 you should save the money on tuning the standard 3 and getting the M.
    hey rockeffela remember about that ebay auction, i cant send you an pm because youve got full box

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    hey rockeffela remember about that ebay auction, i cant send you an pm because youve got full box
    yeah, do you want me to bid through your account or mine? PM me now... I cleared it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

You could buy an actual OEM M3 kit. That'd have the correct rear valence.

There were 2 motors- 2.5L 184hp/175lb-ft I6 and 3.0L 225hp/214lb-ft I6. Both came with 5 speed manuals or 5 speed autos. Obviously the 3.0 will be faster/quicker.

The only acceleration #s I could find were on the AWD sedan models. But times should be somewhere in the same vicinity.
    2.5L- 0-60: 7.20 1/4mile: [email protected]
    3.0L- 0-60: 6.88 1/4mile: [email protected]

KBB on the 325Ci is $21,000-23,000, and on the 330Ci is $24,000-26,000. Finding a manual will probably prove to be a task. 90% of cars sold in the US are automatics, and the 3-series are generally driven by old men, young girls who got it from their daddy, or self-important yuppies who need to be on their cell phone and hence can't change gears for themselves.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

what ebay auction? the one on the m3 i found that was like $9,900?

so quiggs, which of those are you calling me? young girl?

i dont mind if its automatic, but i would strongly prefer manual

on autotrader both models are going for far less, and also on ebay far less, i've found kbb to be too high on alot of common cars, and too low on specialty cars

how much is an oem m kit? im not going to totally cop out and buy the side vents though! just some nice wheels, suspension and a body kit and exhaust

i saw a '99 330Ci the other day, i actaully like it better than the M3, dont know whow it stands up to it in perf, but i think it looks better
    pondering things

i dont want a '99 i want the e46, '99 in the US was the e36, really boxy

i dont want a '99 i want the e46, '99 in the US was the e36, really boxy
    oh, i thought the '99 was the M3fuKtEh#'s i dont care model
    pondering things

Have you ever looked into those "police auctions" were they sell cars they have confiscated? I've never gone myself, but I've heard you can get awsome cars at a good price
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

this site has a bunch of body kits. http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Have you ever looked into those "police auctions" were they sell cars they have confiscated? I've never gone myself, but I've heard you can get awsome cars at a good price
    yeah, i hear they sell good cars for balls prices. the only thing is, say they arrest a drug kingpin, he gets sent up the river for a few years, gets out, wants his car back. he comes and finds you, what do you do?
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    yeah, i hear they sell good cars for balls prices. the only thing is, say they arrest a drug kingpin, he gets sent up the river for a few years, gets out, wants his car back. he comes and finds you, what do you do?
    I'm sure a drug kingpin is gonna want a new car, unless he hid something very valuable in one of his old cars. Which I think only happens in the movies.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    you have an excuse to rice out your car until its unrecognizable

i am trying to figure out which would be best overall, i know i have changed my "future car" countless times, but im narrowing in on a 2001 3 series
    I strongly suggest you get one, My dads was a 2001 model, They look good, are very reliable, and fast enough
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Thread Information