View Poll Results: which car is lamer?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chevy SSR

51 66.23%
  • Plymouth Prowler

26 33.77%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SSR vs prowler: which one is lamer?

SSR vs prowler: which one is lamer?

if you ask me both of these cars are just put out by the companies cuz they look different and they will stick out from the pack and they will sell on that feature alone. so for the most part nice things like performance, comfort, functionality ect are ignored. their both ugly (in my opinion at least..) underpowered, useless cars for people to buy who crave attention but are completely out of touch with whats cool. so heres my question to you, you have a rocket launcher but only one rocket...which car is gettin blowed up real good?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    so heres my question to you, you have a rocket launcher but only one rocket...which car is gettin blowed up real good?
    I like that idea...

Welcome to UCP. Try to post some pictures to make it easier for everyone.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

SSR clearly
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

SSR is worse, it's based on a truck! The Prowler at least has some pretence of being a sports car.
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

TN55- latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving liberal extraordinaire

Theyre both image cars IMO, so the Prowlers gotta go. Who makes a retro hot rod with a V6???
    I am the Stig

The SSR, it's a horrible car.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    The SSR, it's a horrible car.

Agreed
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

The Prowler is much more lame. It has a wimpy 6-cyl engine whereas the SSR has a 400 hp V-8 with a 6-speed manual transmission.

10 minutes from Lingenfelter's... aren't you jealous?
    Prowler, no power at all.

the SSR is not a bad car(is it a car?) really, i just dont like the looks of it

when i see a prowler, i automatically think "prick"
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    when i see a prowler, i automatically think "prick"
    And you don't when you see an SSR.

Quote Originally Posted by andy.muc
    I like that idea...

Welcome to UCP. Try to post some pictures to make it easier for everyone.

haha thank you for the warm welcome. ill try and post some pics up for you guys

anyways since when did the chevy SSR get a good motor (is it an LS1? the new LS2?)? i havent been following them too closely but i could have sworn they had some lame motor in em. maybe it was just the early ones or the prototype ones? hmm sorry about that i guess that makes them a little more respectable but i still think their butt ugly and useless. in fact i dont know of one person that likes them.

the prowler doesnt fair much better tho. why did they put a v6 in it? why why why? a great example of a car that makes a cool concept car but never should have been made.

i dont know i guess if i had to pick one thats lamer i would have to pick the prowler simply cuz at least the SSR has a nice engine

They both suck, and that's putting it nicely. Which one do I hate more? Well.......for looks, the SSR, for how it tried to be something and failed? At least the SSR is a real pickup/car ( ). The Prowler is a hotrod on the outside, peice of crap 2-seat sportscar weakling on the inside.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    anyways since when did the chevy SSR get a good motor (is it an LS1? the new LS2?)?
    Yeah, starting in 05 the SSR got the LS2 rated at 390hp and has an optional Tremec 6-spd. Best of all is that they didn't raise the price too much. We've got a red 04 on the lot right now with the small motor(5.3 rated at 300hp) that they've marked down to $33,742 just to get it off the lot. To answer the question, I voted Prowler simply b/c as other's have stated it's got the V-6
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

First is a Prowler and the second is a Pre-production photo of an SSR(concpetual models had the mirrors on top of the A-pillar)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Thread Information