View Poll Results: which car is lamer?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chevy SSR

51 66.23%
  • Plymouth Prowler

26 33.77%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SSR vs prowler: which one is lamer?

You guys are funny, but thats ok... I think the SSR s an awesome vehicle. It looks great, and has plenty of power, especially with the 6.0 v-8. Of course once you add the Magnason Supercharger, Dynatech Headers, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Dynatech Drive shaft, upgraded transmission and torque convertor, and realize that translates to 428 RHP to the rear wheels before the new rear end is added,.. well that is just something I can live with. Course I may be jaded since I own one.

As for FUGLY, or butt ugly..?

Its all in how you look at it.

Guest Guest
    Oh My God - I finally found a car with a worse front than a Fiat Multipla. How can you be proud of that?

The Prowler is such a tosser's car. At least the SSR has a V8 burble and some amazing paintjobs.

The SSR has a lot of problems also, door handles breaking, driveshaft noise, roof cycle timeouts and no parts from GM...

I think the prowler is the better styled var..Beside's has anyone seen the resale value of those SSR's.. There isn't any...At least the Prowler has some value..

And that is not a factory paint job...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbobug
    The SSR has a lot of problems also, door handles breaking, driveshaft noise, roof cycle timeouts and no parts from GM...

I think the prowler is the better styled var..Beside's has anyone seen the resale value of those SSR's.. There isn't any...At least the Prowler has some value..

Still prefer the SSR!

I know it's not a factory job, but you should see some of the concepts. There's a really nice SoCal one that I actually like

If I could get an engine swap and a baby blue paintjob, then I'd have the Prowler.

So Cal SSR? I would like to see that one...

The Prowler is still pretty quick with the v-6. Did you notice that the above post said headers, supercharger and stuff...I guess that big pig that cost $50k sticker needs another $10k to half way keep up with modern sportcars... But I doubt it would on the big end..
    Last edited by Turbobug; 10-23-2006 at 05:08 PM.

So Cal SSR? I would like to see that one...

The Prowler is still pretty quick with the v-6. Did you notice that the above post said headers, supercharger and stuff...I guess that big pig that cost $50k sticker needs another $10k to half way keep up with modern sportcars... But I doubt it would on the big end..
    There ya go

The SSR is quite quick minus the fancy shit. I think it's 0-60 in about 7.3 secs. Still looks like shit, but meh

Nice VERY custom SSR. The only one like that. The SSR is very heavy 4780lbs I believe.

It is funny how most OLD people who never really had a sportscar or driven a car to it's limits think these trucks are quick. I have $6000 in my beetle to include the car and can out run one of them anyway they want to go.. And 428 rwhp...LOL... Mine broke the right rear shaft on the dyno in 3rd gear at 471 and still had more left in it...

But I guess to those old people this is a neat toy. The only real draw back to the SSR vs Prowler deal is the fact the SSR is built on a shortened Trailblazer frame. Look under one behind the front tire and you will see where they pieced the frame back together after cutting it down..And some of them even have rusted... Shame that mighty GM could not even make a unique frame for just the SSR.. No wonder they quit making them..

Nice VERY custom SSR. The only one like that. The SSR is very heavy 4780lbs I believe.

It is funny how most OLD people who never really had a sportscar or driven a car to it's limits think these trucks are quick. I have $6000 in my beetle to include the car and can out run one of them anyway they want to go.. And 428 rwhp...LOL... Mine broke the right rear shaft on the dyno in 3rd gear at 471 and still had more left in it...

But I guess to those old people this is a neat toy. The only real draw back to the SSR vs Prowler deal is the fact the SSR is built on a shortened Trailblazer frame. Look under one behind the front tire and you will see where they pieced the frame back together after cutting it down..And some of them even have rusted... Shame that mighty GM could not even make a unique frame for just the SSR.. No wonder they quit making them..
    sooo... what beetle do you have god i hope it's not the new one
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Your bugs sick what does she run? I like both and there not ugly at all IMO.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Dude, that's ****in' sick.

Here, we have this test called the 'Egg Nog' test, named after one of our best and brightest members (not ).

Basically, to prove your ownership of the car, you write your name on a piece of A4 paper and stab it over your gearshift. Take a photo, then show us hungry bitches

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Still prefer the SSR!

I know it's not a factory job, but you should see some of the concepts. There's a really nice SoCal one that I actually like

If I could get an engine swap and a baby blue paintjob, then I'd have the Prowler.
    I saw that one at Detroit and I liked it as well, much better looking than stock. Made by ASC (American Specialty Cars IIRC).

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    I like them both, but I definitely prefer the Prowler. It's just so incredible to look at: the triangular shape, the huge rear wheels and the small fronts, the colors -- it just oozes attitude.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

As long as you are going to bash the SSR do try and keep up. The parts from GM are forthcoming, and problems are being worked out. And would you please tell us all what vehicle out there has ZERO problems. Obviously you cannot since there has never been anything made that does not have its problems. Fortunately for the SSR owner there is a SSRFanatc website where ownsers can go to discuss problems and find solutions.

Feel free to hold your breath on this one. In time the SSR's value will climb, but ROME was not built in a day.

Well ya got me on that one, and your point..? Even the original paint of the Aqua Blur, was somethign spectacular. I just chose to spend a little extra and get a patriotic blend. I guarantee, the SSR owners get more bobbing heads and thumbs up from people then you ever got on your Turbo Beetle.

Personally for me, I like the Prowler, but I am 6' 5". Besides having a truely classic look, the SSR is something I can fit in comfortably. While I like the Prowler, it is desgned for the vertically challenged, while the SSR is not.
    Last edited by Focks; 10-24-2006 at 06:53 AM.

Thread Information