View Poll Results: which car is lamer?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chevy SSR

51 66.23%
  • Plymouth Prowler

26 33.77%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SSR vs prowler: which one is lamer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    While admittedly, I was in the 'Prowler is slow and overpriced' crowd, I definitely have to agree with what you're saying. Everytime I see a Prowler I do a double-take.. it's an attention grabber for sure, and it does look quite cool.
    thanks dude, i agree with every thing that was said above by all...no v8...no standard, however it is everything i want and enjoy. surely nobody wants everyone else to have the same car they have. i also do a double-take on many kinds of cars and truely enjoy them all, the prowler was just the one i had to have from the first time i saw them, also i was not trying to offend anyone just sticking up for the car i prefer and giving my .02 worth. bob

a note on what it's like to own one of the lamest cars made...
    everywhere i go people take pictures of it, pedestrians step out into traffic, cars stop in intersections while i'm at a stoplight. i have to explain what it is everytime i'm stopped or putting gas in it, most people have never seen one.. when i pull up to a business, employees and shoppers will come out to see and take pics and when i'm inside people will hunt me down to ask what it is, etc, it is very common to hear in the distance " who owns that black car out there" until they find me.. everyone wants to go for a ride..small children point and giggle and elderly women grin and will get out of their cars to get a closer look...i've been turned down at car shows because others claim its not fair and besides how would you classify it? people will ride along side me on the highway to take pictures, or shout their approval or questions and even try to get me to pull over. i believe their should be a lame car division in every car show and i will proudly win it every time... i'm sure there are some exotic european cars out ther that get simular attention but there are not many cars that get the attention of a prowler, be it good or bad, bob

A Hot rod pick up truck with a convertible roof? Lame.

Both are hideous....i saw a Prowler the other day and it just looks....wrong

I like both vehicles. Neither are truly my cup of tea but really, I want to encourage the manufactures to make these small run vehicles. How boring would it be if the only vehicles that ever made it to market were just the ones which could see 100k sales or greater? I personally wasn't interested in buying either and I can think of a number of things I don't care for about both but I think the market is better for those vehicles hitting the road. I hope GM and Chrysler keep it up (well when things calm down for the market.)

-> I think that these two vehicles are significant enough for me to like it.

-> But for me to stay on topic, I'd pick the Prowler to be the lamest of the two.

- First, when it was about to be released, it delivered promise. A modern hot-hod inspired by the old '37 Ford's, etc.
    - When they said it will feature a V6...then everything starts to crumble.
    - And added a 4-speed auto...it was the end of Plymouth as we know it...and it did!

-> The SSR was in a way, was a hell a lot 'cooler'. The 6.0L V8 and a combination of 6-speed manual on the latest model was an eye-opener. I think the only downside with it was it is on body-frame chassis shared be the so-so Chevy Trailblazer SUV.

By far the Prowler is the wankiest one of the two. I've seen a few SSR's up front and personal (mainly because I was sort of interested in one, and I needed something that could either fit or carry a bike), and I actually liked it. Plus, to see what the Prowler should have looked like people should take a look at Foose's Hemisfear.

@Focks, love your paint job. Don't go showing it to Europeans though. Just out of curiosity how much would a full front and side airbrush like that set you back on a car of equal size?
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanishing Boy View Post
    -> I think that these two vehicles are significant enough for me to like it.

-> But for me to stay on topic, I'd pick the Prowler to be the lamest of the two.

- First, when it was about to be released, it delivered promise. A modern hot-hod inspired by the old '37 Ford's, etc.
    - When they said it will feature a V6...then everything starts to crumble.
    - And added a 4-speed auto...it was the end of Plymouth as we know it...and it did!

-> The SSR was in a way, was a hell a lot 'cooler'. The 6.0L V8 and a combination of 6-speed manual on the latest model was an eye-opener. I think the only downside with it was it is on body-frame chassis shared be the so-so Chevy Trailblazer SUV.
    The 6.0L V8 was only added towards the end of its lifetime I think, and by that time it was already too late.

^ It was, in 2005 they featured the LS2 6.0L V8. I would think it was too late, they should have offered that engine from the start. That engine was a complete sweetness, since I driven the C6 ver.1 Corvette and the excellent GTO 6.0.

Thread Information