Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77

Thread: Lamborghini Countach 1974-1990

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It has the unfortunate US bumpers, doesn't it? Other than that a great car.
    i prefer the first models, the countach became to much overloaded by details over the years. it's still a good looking car in its last interpretations, but they showed too much the signs of time, they aged it. maybe something similar happened to the diablo. while the murcielago it's continuously improving...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    i prefer the first models, the countach became to much overloaded by details over the years. it's still a good looking car in its last interpretations, but they showed too much the signs of time, they aged it. maybe something similar happened to the diablo. while the murcielago it's continuously improving...
    I quite agree. The LP400 and the early LP400S are the best of the bunch, that's for sure. I guess that what happened to the Countach happened also to other 70's and 80's sportscars like the 911 or the Corvette, they designed the car in the 70's (or late 60's with the Corvette) and then with the oil crisis and recessions (or other reasons) they ran out of money to make replacements for them so they kept updating the old cars.

    All this was solved in the mid 80's to early 90's when they launched the Diablo, the 964-series 911 and the Corvette C4 respectively.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    All this was solved in the mid 80's to early 90's when they launched the Diablo, the 964-series 911 and the Corvette C4 respectively.
    good point, even if of these cars, the countach got the worst updates imo. to say the truth, the various creations of Vector help me to dislike the latest versions of it.
    oh, you forgot the mustangs!
    also the ferraris looked very similar in the 70-80 period, think about the 365 gtc and the 512 bb, or the 308 and the 328 or lately the 348 and the 355 (which i love), but in a less evident way. but at least all of these cars look still beautiful today, while a countach anniversary is nearly embarassing to drive around.

    i didn't mention the Testarossa/512TR/512M (13 years!) because i like too much the second
    btw, ferrari always used to upgrade constantly and slowly its lineup
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,496
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    but at least all of these cars look still beautiful today, while a countach anniversary is nearly embarassing to drive around.
    Well see it this way, a Countach 25th Anniversary is just a cheap way of driving a Pagani...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    229

    Hopefullly

    Hopefully, these images are of sufficient girth in order to actually stay posted.

    As far as being embarrassed to drive the anniversary Contach around, no way! The car is nuts. Yes, the bumpers are not the kindest design. That's bureaucracy for you. They also can be taken off. Some of the swoops and swoshes could be deleted, if you were so inclined. However, this is still a 12 cylinder monster and one of the most recognized cars in the world.

    Furthermore, its really nice to see this car driven. The owner drove for an hour plus to come to our Sunday morning car meet affectionately know as "Church of the Holy Donut". Too many of these cars don't get driven. I don't think that is because of embarrassment but more fear of breaking or devaluing the car. For the enthusiast, that is unfortunate. Kudos to those exotic owner brave enough to venture out to the public rows to share their passion whilest enduring the inherent risks of the open road.

    regards

    ken
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kvisser; 04-17-2008 at 05:14 AM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    229

    a couple more

    Maybe these will be able to stay as well.

    regards

    ken
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    3,275
    much better, and good pictures at that I might add
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

    "It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by kvisser View Post
    As far as being embarrassed to drive the anniversary Contach around, no way!
    i wouldn't mind the embarrassment if i had the chance to drive one...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well see it this way, a Countach 25th Anniversary is just a cheap way of driving a Pagani...
    +1
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 04-17-2008 at 06:57 AM.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,652
    Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but is the silver Anniversario Countach in the studio shots (post #3-4-5) the last-of-line example which is kept in the factory museum? I am curious about the exact production year and can't find it in the on-line registry.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but is the silver Anniversario Countach in the studio shots (post #3-4-5) the last-of-line example which is kept in the factory museum? I am curious about the exact production year and can't find it in the on-line registry.
    hope this can help :
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/822873-post73.html
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/822876-post74.html

    as you can see the car from the museum has darker interior and a different console as well. Produced in 1990 btw.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Posts
    2,287
    sexy...
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    3,151
    The dashboard on that thing looks like it was designed by the same guy that invented Tetris.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,486
    When my parents got married, I've been told, the best man drove a Countach. It was as big of a deal as the event among the male guests.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    When my parents got married, I've been told, the best man drove a Countach. It was as big of a deal as the event among the male guests.
    Sam and I have already planned to rent a Ferrari spider of some generation for our wedding day. That is going to be of huge value to myself . How much I value it in comparison to the actual day itself, I should not disclose . Lucky for me, her dad has great connections! I can't wait

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Posts
    2,287
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Sam and I have already planned to rent a Ferrari spider of some generation for our wedding day. That is going to be of huge value to myself . How much I value it in comparison to the actual day itself, I should not disclose . Lucky for me, her dad has great connections! I can't wait
    lucky....
    i'd do that when ever the time is right for me but its the money that would throw me off, and possibly him as well.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gran Turismo 5
    By Sauc3 in forum Gaming
    Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 03:16 PM
  2. Custom Lamborghini Countach and Miura SV/J from Villa d'Este ...
    By Wouter Melissen in forum Website discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 05:38 AM
  3. Lamborghini Aventador J 2012
    By Ecnelis in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-17-2012, 06:45 AM
  4. Hide-Out Index
    By Sauc3 in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 02:43 AM
  5. Lamborghini Coatl
    By AM_Lagonda in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 03:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •