Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Finds: Place them all in Here!

25 grand for an ex-works race car?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The economy... she been bad, mon. Good time to buy old race cars though. Buy low, sell low!
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Rare Mazda Cosmo

Auction, reserve not yet met at $25,000+... I suspect it'll take nearly twice that to put it in your garage. Anything under $50K should be considered well bought. Looks like a nice example with some cosmetic issues to be addressed. The seller is in Greece and has some VERY tasty bits in his garage from Etceterini like a beautiful Giaur, a Stanguellini and Abarth 850 to a Lancia B24 and what looks like a Jag SS100. Nice collection.

Mazda | eBay

"Up for sale an exceedingly rare 1972 Mazda Cosmo Sports L10B. The car was imported from Japan, following a nerve wrecking exportation procedure, and it is now registered in Greece, with Greek historic plates. The car can be sold anywhere in the world, it is custom cleared in Europe and considered a European car now. The car is very correct and original in every detail. The only notable exception being the wheels which are not the correct 15'' steel wheels but period correct Wolfrace 14''. Other than that, the car is an exceptionally nice driver quality vehicle. Everything is working on it, including the factory fitted A/C. The paint is not show quality but to me, it is more than acceptable for a car to be regularly enjoyed.

The engine is the original correct type L10A, a rare feature even on the few surviving ones. Engine and gearbox have been rebuilt in Japan back in 2007 with very limited mileage since. There are receipts exceeding $10.000 (in Japanese). The car was featured on February 2011 edition of Japanese Car and Driver. I have a reproduction brochure, the original and rare book written on the Cosmo and RX-7 as well as, some spares including a fan belt and a spare gas cap with lock. The car does not have a matching spare wheel and the cover on the rear shelf between the speakers is missing. Please see the photos carefully and make sure to have sufficient funding in place before bidding. The car is sold due to space limitations, not a distress sale! I will gladly assist in all export and shipping formalities, I am very familiar with the procedure. Indicative shipping costs to East Coast USA : $2500, trucking to most EU cities : around EU1500"

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

^^^ Oh. My. God.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    all imperial stuff I suppose, nothing metric.,
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Most of it will be metric tbh.
    he does say they are all metric and imperial.
    Realise that he lists them by drive size 3/8", 1/2" .... makes me wonder, what do all metric folks do about describing the size of the square drive/connector ?
    It is still imperial for everyone afaik !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Most of it will be metric tbh.
    he does say they are all metric and imperial.
    Realise that he lists them by drive size 3/8", 1/2" .... makes me wonder, what do all metric folks do about describing the size of the square drive/connector ?
    It is still imperial for everyone afaik !!!!
    tell me what it is first......
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

sorry

The square drive from the ratchet to the socket that they all plug on to.
    "normal" sie is 1/2" suare.
    Small is 3/8" and a VERY small size of 1/4" across is used in small/light situations ( seldom a car )

Extension bar shows it nicely ......

tbh, I would not know, for my own domestic applications I never use this extension, just the ratchet.

.. and what size is the square connector on the ratchet - they are all the same
    I'm really intrigued now, are they called 12.7mm drive ?

9 mm....

hmmm. gonna have to go digging in the toolboxes next time I'm in Germany
    9mm would be a close approximation to 3/8"
    The error might be mine in assuming that the ratchets are the same !!

In my metric and imperial set, it's a 3/8" square drive. I don't think I've ever seen a ratchet in metric.

For the record, metric ftw.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

yeah, me too, p, BUT we come from imperial backgrounds.

anyways, movin' on ...

tornado sports car | eBay UK

THis is their M6 copy before they expanded massively into the GT40 replic kit car business

Tornado sports cars were formed in 1984 by the Father and Son team of Alan and Andy Sheldon and were based on a modern Industrial Estate in Worcestershire where the company still operates from today. The company objective was to produce high quality self assembly component form vehicles which could be completed using only simple hand tools by the enthusiast at home.
    The introduction model was the Tornado M6GT which was a replica of Bruce McLarens road car project from 1969. The original car was a M6 Can-Am race car with an enclosed cockpit for the driver and was intended for every day road car use. Sadly Bruce was killed and the project was forgotten about until the late 90's when McLaren did finally introduce a road car.

In 1989 we began production of our Ford GT40 replica the TORNADO TSC GT40.

Thread Information