Page 1 of 500 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Galah Sessions

Galah Sessions

OK everybody, this here is a new initiative ive come up with and refined through discussion with others.

Flynn had not only removed the curse of time and distance, he had opened up exciting new possibilities. When he replaced the Morse keyboard with a voice microphone, next-door families hundreds of kilometres apart were suddenly true neighbours. 'Galah sessions', the outback chat over the back fence, became a cherished part of life.
    For those unknowing, thats a pretty close description of what this thread is about. Now we're all known in UCP for being fairly sporadic in going off topic, often attracting an audience in doing so, but i think there comes a time where we have to take ourselves a bit more seriously. Believe it or not, people will be looking for automotive related info in the Aussie forums Im hoping this initiative will keep that spirit alive however though, as the original Galah Sessions connected people 2000+km apart 60 years ago.

A few notes and ground rules im hoping we can all stick to in order to keep this alive:

*This doesnt necessarily end the off topic banter most of the threads turn into. Im hoping however this helps restrict the 1 topic one minute, another topic another minute trends.

*Attention will be made to news and current affairs to keep this alive, as we cant talk about the rate of grass growth forever. I'm hoping to make updates a few times per week in this area, and others are welcome.

*I'll take responsibility for keeping this under control. Im hoping given the lighthearted nature, nothing is taken to heart that would otherwise seem out of place, but nevertheless if theres a problem, just ask.

*Just because this is in the Aussie Forums and aimed at fellow members, EVERYONE is welcome and likewise NO-ONE shall be excluded. This being the 21st century, im hoping we can put our own spin on this formula.

Now all we need is a starting topic. Luckily theres plenty in the news.

The other night on the news, the first fatality of Cyclone Larry appeared. An elderly man in his 60's was found in a caravan thought to be abandoned. Perhaps luckily, it was found he suffered a heart attack.

I feel sorry for the guy. On one hand i think its a good thing his heart went as opposed to being impaled by the winds but you still wonder what happened to make the people there believe the whole place was empty..

Well feel free to ad your views to that...
    I am the Stig

Rolling over the floor laughing about those aussies once again

But when we get down to Business no-one does it better

Kos has a word came down from god on us Are we on probation now

I got a little couple of topics, Did anyone see on ACA that peace of shit smashing that bloke in the head 18 times when the guy was already out unconscious?.

And today or yesterday i got one of my back teeth removed it took 35min for one bloody tooth, It left a hole the size of a $2 coin.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    And today or yesterday i got one of my back teeth removed it took 35min for one bloody tooth, It left a hole the size of a $2 coin.
    I had 4 taken out for the braces, only took a little jiggle, a bit of a knock and a solid yank. Not to mention the 8 seperate shots of anaesthetic
    I am the Stig

i had 4 fair size holes in my mouth after i had my wisdom teeth out
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I'd imagine you would do for wisdoms...

The most annoying thing i had afterwards though was how much i kept knocking the teeth at the back of my bottom jaw with those in the middle of my top jaw, as the top and bottom teeth werent precisely the same ones pulled.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    I had 4 taken out for the braces, only took a little jiggle, a bit of a knock and a solid yank. Not to mention the 8 seperate shots of anaesthetic
    i had 4 taken out a few years back, they put me completely under to do it though. no holes in my gums, just massively swollen cheeks
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I dunno how you'd get away with no holes, thats pretty amazing.

I remember the swelling though, and the subsequent laughs from everyone else whenever i tried to talk Didnt help that it got done 2 at a time so i could still eat, so it was only one side of my face numb
    I am the Stig

lol, well i had these dissolvable stitches in my mouth, so i was spitting out string for the next week lol.
    my face looked like i was on one of those listerine ads
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Haha, automatic flossing there for ya

It amazed me though how i got all the local's rather than a general anaesthetic. One for lower jaw, one for upper jaw, one for the lip/mouth and one for the tongue. And that was just one side!
    I am the Stig

see, thats why i just got an intravenous drip to knock me out i hate all those needles..

off the topic huh

i lost 4 teeth due to getting braces and a further 4 wisdom teeth removed
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Maybe on topic are these pics from today & earlier, of toothless galahs on my front lawn plus a few cockatoos for bonus points
    Attached Images Attached Images

lol, i hate sulphur crested cockatoo's, they're so destructive

I think they're beautiful

I'm training a particularly friendly one to talk and say 'hello' As I type there's a crowd of about 20 galahs not five metres away from me, also green parrots and those lovely rosellas - all daily visitors. Also some lizards as long as your arm - shingle-back & stumpys. Every few days a gang of four huge yellow-tailed black cockatoos drop by, very gentle creatures

Here's Percy our resident Possum nibbling away on an apricot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information