Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need for Speed Most Wanted Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    High Stakes is still my favorite to this day. It had the exotics, police chases, and customization, as well as damage that had to be paid for after every race. I had it for PS1 and lent it to a friend, never to see it again...
    Yes! I totally agree, that was the absout peak of the series.

Route Adonf was the track.

I think that every part of NFS was better than previous.
    I think NFS Undergrounds were great because of these visual modifications, but greates thing about them was drift, I just hope that they will not exclude it in Most Wanted.
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Yes! I totally agree, that was the absout peak of the series.

Route Adonf was the track.
    I loved that track! If you cut the 90 degree turn in the town just right you could pass everyone in front of you, even in last!
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

I have all of the need for speed games from NFS4 to NFS:U2 and the last two were the most disappointing in the entire series. I can't wait for Ferraris and Lambos in NFS again.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

This was annouced in Febuary. They say there will be police chases. About 15 police cars will be in it as well as 80 cars ranging from cheap cars to exotic cars. Cannot wait

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Like Porsche Unleashed!
    Ideed.
    My Site - GTHS

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/gt4hotspot

cant wait! i just got my PS2 for GT4 so now i can get ANOTHER racing game for it
    The Datto will rage again...

Hopefully they dont put the Crown Vic cop cars in there capable of keeping up with M5's etc like they have before
    I am the Stig

they never should have left the Realism they put in the PC version of Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed. that game was near perfect!
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Quote Originally Posted by Chinky_boi
    This was annouced in Febuary. They say there will be police chases. About 15 police cars will be in it as well as 80 cars ranging from cheap cars to exotic cars. Cannot wait
    That was on www.spong.com and it was leaked information but apparently the info that I just posted is the leaked official announcement that is supposed to come out in the upcoming days. I thought this was an official announcement.

I mean, I knew about Most Wanted before UG2. It was confirmed by EA that after UG, Most Wanted was supposed to come out but they delayed it and released that crappy UG2 game and Most Wanted was in the works for at least 2 years.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Police Pursuit
    By Micheal Mullen

So there are two types of Need for Speed players that I’ve met. First, there are those that just love high-speed street racing in the fastest cars on the planet. And then there are those that love the thrill of being chased by the police.

Believe it or not, a lot of people love being chased. Whenever I mention that I work with the Need for Speed team, the first thing I hear is, “Please bring back pursuit mode.” For the uninitiated, pursuit mode was first introduced in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and allowed racers a new adrenal boost as they not only fought to out-rev other racers, they had to dodge police pursuits, spike strips, and missile firing helicopters... standard police protocol for any high-speed pursuit.

Yesterday, those same players that have dogged me at any party can rejoice as EA has announced Need for Speed Most Wanted – complete with flashing blues in the rearview mirror.

This is not the same Pursuit Mode you’ve played again and again as you’ve waited for the popular gameplay mode to return. The development team has decided to evolve Pursuit Mode from the realm of bumbling cops trying to pull you over after you’ve smashed into a wall to modern police strategies that are used in real-life high-speed chases (the OJ chase is still an exception to any rule). They even hired chase experts to make it realistic. That means you’re going to have to upgrade your evasion skills too.

Due in November, Need for Speed Most Wanted is a departure from the street whips in Need for Speed Underground 2 but adds the latter game’s best features: open world and customization. From tuners, supercars, muscles and sports cars, you’ll be able to build the ride you’re looking for or the ride you’re just dying to have in real life.

New to the series will be the Blacklist, a list of the most wanted racers in the game. As you race through the game your Rap Sheet and street cred moves you up the illicit racing ladder to go head-to-head with other racers or test your skills against up to half a dozen cops looking to ask for your license and registration.

Need for Speed Most Wanted will deliver the fast-paced experience you desire on just about any console you have including a next generation console as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance, PSP™ handheld entertainment system and PC.

We can’t say when in November Need for Speed Most Wanted will arrive but you might want to cancel any events in November just to free up your schedule... school, Thanksgiving, etc.
    This game sounds awesome. I can't wait.

Source: http://www.eagames.com/redesign/game...nfsmw/home.jsp

I can't confirm if these pictures are real, I just googled them but...:
    http://data.interia.pl/gry/newsy/05_01_19/RYS03.jpg
    http://img37.exs.cx/img37/3774/nfsmw1oj.jpg
    http://www.3dnews.ru/documents/9198/nfs_mw.jpg
    http://data.interia.pl/gry/newsy/05_01_19/RYS04.jpg
    Last edited by carlover; 04-20-2005 at 12:58 PM.

This has the makings of being an excellent game. It sounds like they're taking the best elements from all of their games and putting it in one title. I guess hoping for Porsche Unleashed-style physics is pushing it, but I'll be looking at this for PC and PS2.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

carlover, ive seen the pic of the 360 long time back & i think the blue RX8 is from the movie X2.
    i had the idea of a game which combined exotics & riced but i never knew it would become a reality. i hate underground & U2. i still play NFS HP2. i think it would be really fun modifying & tuning supercars. cant wait!

The pic of the 360 is from HP2.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Like Porsche Unleashed!
    woot
    pondering things

Thread Information