Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox 2 to be unveiled on MTV on May 12th

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Xbox2 will get owned cause PS3 gets released before it

"HOLY CRAP PS3 TURN OFF TV GO RING ALL MY FRIENDS SELL PS2 HOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAP!"

The Xbox 2 is due out later this year. The PS3 is not due until 2006, unless Sony decides to move up the date.

Microsoft is launching before Sony in effort to reclaim some of the ground they lost by coming late to the console market.

Hopefully this competition results in better products from both sides and if in a more timely matter then all the better.

The slightly scary approach is Bill is saying that the next Xbox is their cornerstone for the home media centre. Largest growing segment oif the PC business and ole Bill's gonna muscle in. hard to see how the Sony will compete with a box which can seemlessly integrate over a network for sound, video, tv and games.

Damn, I might end up with a branded MS product
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

500 bucks!?! Holy crap!!!

Hopefully the revo will be cheap enough to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    The slightly scary approach is Bill is saying that the next Xbox is their cornerstone for the home media centre. Largest growing segment oif the PC business and ole Bill's gonna muscle in. hard to see how the Sony will compete with a box which can seemlessly integrate over a network for sound, video, tv and games.

Damn, I might end up with a branded MS product
    The PS3 is also expected to be more than just a "game console". How advanced these next generation consoles are probably wont be very clear until May 12th when the X-Box 2 is unveiled and the following week when the PS3 is unveiled at E3.

I would not give up on Sony yet, even if they do bring the PS3 later it will be worth the wait if the new processor architecture lives up the hype.

If it's on MTV, I assume I'm too old for it.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor
    I would not give up on Sony yet, even if they do bring the PS3 later it will be worth the wait if the new processor architecture lives up the hype.
    I think wwhere Sony coudl lose out is not having an insustry standard framwork, So ole Billy-boy coudl easily support user developed decoders for DivX, Xvid and any new streaming format that came along. Sony just dont' have that kind of support infrastructure like DirectX
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Concept pictures galore! (some look really cool)

http://www.ps3portal.com/?page=ps3_pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I think wwhere Sony coudl lose out is not having an insustry standard framwork, So ole Billy-boy coudl easily support user developed decoders for DivX, Xvid and any new streaming format that came along. Sony just dont' have that kind of support infrastructure like DirectX
    I see your point, it will interesting to see what happens over the next few years.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I actually wish they would offer base models for the yokels like me who want to play games, but the old console may have broken down or there are new games they want to play, but we don't want to pay for features we won't use, like all the super video and audio capabilities. As long as I can play Gran Turismo, that's all I ask because that's about all I ever use my PS2 for, and I'm not going to bother with surround sound and all of that.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    I actually wish they would offer base models for the yokels like me who want to play games, but the old console may have broken down or there are new games they want to play, but we don't want to pay for features we won't use, like all the super video and audio capabilities. As long as I can play Gran Turismo, that's all I ask because that's about all I ever use my PS2 for, and I'm not going to bother with surround sound and all of that.
    That's a good idea, they'd get REALLL good money like that. Luckily my noob friend couldn't fix his ps2 and i did so it's mine now. He was owned.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

PSPzzzzz
    pondering things

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    That's a good idea, they'd get REALLL good money like that. Luckily my noob friend couldn't fix his ps2 and i did so it's mine now. He was owned.
    Ha, yeah...that happened with my PS1 that I couldn't fix it. Oh well. But I agree they could sell a bunch of them, for every one guy I know that mods his Xbox to do whatever, I know another one that just wants to play and would probably get a cheaper model
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information