Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bugatti 16/4 vs dodge viper venom hennessey 800tt ?

bugatti 16/4 vs dodge viper venom hennessey 800tt ?

who will win in a 1/2 mile race with no corners ?

1/2 a mile the bugatti will be thrashed because of its weight disadvantage but top speed the viper is long gone

not really, the viper has MUCH superior accleration

i said bugatti WILL be thrashed so hennessy wins

but top speed GOODBYE VIPER

The Hennessy 800TT will pretty much rape the 16/4.
    Tdot owns you.

yeah but when it somes to everything else the viper is long gone and forgotten. the interior of the viper, oh is there an interior(LOL) then you have the veyrons stunning interior which add weight to the car but it is not that slow in acceleration either as for me veyron - the ultmate supercar

Driving just straight on without any corner .... Wheres the Fun???

I wouldnt buy a car for just going straight on -... For me the most important thing is Track-Performance.

If you take both cars to a sharp cornered Racetrack, then a Lotus Elise might be enough to let them stay in the background.

... unlimited Fantasy ...

we are talking about stright line speed here. track wise i think this two cars would do well also, especially the veyron as it has 4 wheels drive

I absolutely love vipers but sadly, it would be destroyed by a bugatti
    the FREEK on vipers, VIPERFREEK89

I think there has to be a lot to be said for straight line acceleration; getting off the line sharpish is an art in its own right. Anyway - I reckon Hennessey, maybe.

See you at the lights

First Of all that is not correct to do

they are not even in the same class one is stock one is modded out to it's extreme. The question is if you took the bugatti to a tuner stuck some bigger turbos on it some better lighter rims. I must say in a slalom the Hennesey is toast because you are comparing a front engine rear wheel drive car (viper) to a mid engine AWD Car (bugatti) and I believe the elise would not even be able to keep up with it sorry budds.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatmadmaggy
    I must say in a slalom the Hennesey is toast because you are comparing a front engine rear wheel drive car (viper) to a mid engine AWD Car (bugatti) and I believe the elise would not even be able to keep up with it sorry budds.
    If it was slalom or twisty track/road I think you'd be surprised by the Elise.
    Lighter weight would make it better at slowing and turn-in for corners than the AWD
    In the real-world I'd take the Elise every time if I wanted to get from a to b quicjly and enjoyably. And as you'd already pointed out with the Hennessey, if we're allowed to increase the power/torque then it would be unbeatable
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

mm...the Elies is a very nice car.

I actually think the 16.4 would win, It accelarates much faster than the 800TT after about 90mph or so I've heard from soem people...

Now let's put em both up against a Lingenfelter Vette 427 TT and see them both get beaten....

Quote Originally Posted by GT500
    mm...the Elies is a very nice car.

I actually think the 16.4 would win, It accelarates much faster than the 800TT after about 90mph or so I've heard from soem people...

Now let's put em both up against a Lingenfelter Vette 427 TT and see them both get beaten....
    Only on a 1/4 mile

As soon as it's twist and braking and corner speed become a factor I'd go with a tuned Elise - and you could buy a couple of Elises for the cost of the Lingenfelter add-ons

Many have heard my mantra - real roads and tracks you can't beat the lowest weight and highest power to weight.

Check out lap records. All rouind the world they're falling to Radicals

But on a 1/4, yep I'd take a Lingenfelter on slicks - even road-legal ones ( there's a full article posted by me elsewhere )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information