Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A little disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    what I meant was that I was just trying to distinguish between standard turbodiesels such as our old Astra LS ECO4 and commonrails such as our Mini One D.
    the difference is between direct and indirect injection....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    the difference is between direct and indirect injection....
    Yes, I know, and by now you should know that I know...
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    Yes, I know, and by now you should know that I know...
    never mind mind my continuing nitpicking
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    never mind mind my continuing nitpicking
    It's ok dude, it's cool.

My driver ed school used Hyundai Accent. lol It was a PoS base model but they bought 2-3 of them because of the 10 year 100kmi warrenty. They had caviliers before that and they were getting to be too much of a hassle.
    Im sure its different over there though.

It seems BMW reliability isn't all it should be in any case...after 6 months and 20,000 miles, the MINI's in desperate need of attention.

About a week ago we noticed a slight whirring sound coming from the front of the car, especially at low speed and with the clutch part-way up...I was driving and didn't say anything until my dad asked "Does this car sound any different to you?" We had the AC on so on turning it off that's when we figured that there was something wrong.

My dad couldn't afford to lose a day's business by taking the car into the dealership until this monday (he doesn't work sundays or mondays) but had noticed the noise getting progressively louder through the week, yesterday it went to Stratstone BMW in Derby (previously Bridgegate) who, after taking a look at it, phoned us to say the alternator needed replacing and they didn't have the part (you would have thought a dealer such as Stratstone would have alternators) and we would have to wait until today...

...the problem being that my dad had to take someone for their driving test this morning. He had to collect the car, yesterday, drive it home and then take his pupil for their test this morning. I'm at college now and wondering how everything went. Dad was going to take the car straight from the test to the dealer to get the problem fixed. Needless to say he's had to rearrange several lessons today.
    Last edited by Clivey; 02-01-2006 at 04:13 PM.

An "update" on the aforementioned situation; The car's now fixed and fully back to normal. I should really get round to taking some more pics (and do an Egg Nog test) to show you guys and writing a review on the car, it's not your average MINI...

...it is however, concerning that the alternator went at just 20k miles. Could it be because BMW (and many other manufacturers) are sourcing alternators from wherever they get the best deal and not necessarily the best quality?

Thread Information