Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Korean Holdens

They'll have the upper hand with the S3X though, in that barely anyone will know its a Daewoo, considering the Kalos and Lacetti got taken off the market just to be brought back as a Holden
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Theyve said before though that all their Opel sourced vehicles cost too much, so given the opportunity they may replace some of their lineup with Korean cars
    (collapses)

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    They'll have the upper hand with the S3X though, in that barely anyone will know its a Daewoo, considering the Kalos and Lacetti got taken off the market just to be brought back as a Holden
    Holden could get that S3X and give it a make over i think. That is the one that Mike Sicome designed or wizzed up yeah ?
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Yeah he designed it, but i dont think Holden are gunna change it, maybe jst play around with the grille or just a few small things, to bridge the gap between production and concept
    I am the Stig

Do you know much on it's size? Would be nice if holden would give it a flickup, Change the grill wheels test some new engines in it play with the suspension a little for differnt feel.

I read in this wheels about the terra and how they caught it in testing, Lower height bigger wheels little open scoop on bonnet they arn't sure if it's turbo desial or Turbo 6.

Holden want it to compete with the Kluger and Territory, but i dont think it'll exactly match up to them physically. Should be interesting to see what size wheel Holden want to stick on though, the Territory has 17's and the Kluger has 16's. Holden's marketing originally wanted 18's for the Adventra whilst the engineers wanted 16's so they went with 17's
    I am the Stig

S3X is a chevy. please Holden, no one wants Daewoos, DON'T BRING THEM HERE ANYMORE!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Holden owns them here so it will be a half holden With a Aussie design kind of

Agreed Nobody Wants the Daewoo Rubbish

I remember the time after Holden stopped sharing Models with Suzuki and Toyota and went Opel for their Under the Commodore and Deriatives range.Those were good times.

If I was in the market today for a car I would rather them go back to European Sourcing even if they don't make as much money on it.

By the way what is a person who bought one of the last European Barinas and is looking to trade up supposed to do now but cant justify the dollars for a small Fiat,Peugeot or Volkswagen?They now have to buy Japanese

Quote Originally Posted by COOKIEMONSTER10 View Post

If I was in the market today for a car I would rather them go back to European Sourcing even if they don't make as much money on it.
    i'm sure, as a business in these financial times, holden would rather remove three of it's own vertebrae and eat it's own ass before doing that
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    remove three of it's own vertebrae and eat it's own ass before doing that
    Gold. I laughed aloud. +1 fantasy reputation points.

My friend knows a lot of people who have been sacked from the General Motors Holden plant in Adelaide, Australia. So I don't think General Motors Holden can afford to source European parts.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Thread Information