Thread: :Exige:'s Dad's new Range Rover

:Exige:'s Dad's new Range Rover

My Dads boss decided the old Rangie was getting a bit old so we got a new Range Rover. Now before all of you start calling my family idiots for getting an offroader .. we are going to be taking this offroad. I live on a farm so theres plenty of places to drive .. and hopefully Ill get some time driving it like I do with the Land Rover. It also looks low in this picture but the suspension raises .. its pretty fast too. Not bad for £40,000 .. lets just hope it doesnt fall to pieces like the other Range Rovers weve had

Petrol or Diesel ? Why not a discovery ?

Nice buy seems we got a few members getting new cars.
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    Petrol or Diesel ? Why not a discovery ?
    We felt the Disco felt a bit bargain basement at the best of times .. plus my Dad prefers the looks of these. And before anyone says "Why didnt you get a Porsche Cayenne?" (Yes, you know who you are ), its not like were gonna be treating this car with care, thing will get broken when we blast it across the fields. And skimming over the Porsche parts price lists, we dont wanna be paying that much for repairs Plus the Porsche is the ugliest thing created in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    And before anyone says "Why didnt you get a Porsche Cayenne?" (Yes, you know who you are )
    hehe

The new Disco is very flash, like a range rover but less square. You're range rover is nice though i have to admit, even if i am bored to hell with them

HOWEVER!

the pics i attatched = Old classic Range Rover (true offroader) Current Range Rover (pimp mobile & housewife bus)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cotterik; 04-14-2005 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    hehe

The new Disco is very flash, like a range rover but less square. You're range rover is nice though i have to admit, even if i am bored to hell with them

HOWEVER!

the pics i attatched = Old classic Range Rover (true offroader) Current Range Rover (pimp mobile & housewife bus)
    haha rik you have kinda got a point there

but the new disco is kinda square too

greta car there exige, get racing it through those fields like i did with my old cars lol
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    hehe

HOWEVER!

Its only a pimp moblie in your area .. im surprised you dont have one

Anyway .. we also have a Range Rover the same as in that picture. Its rotting away on the farm .. ill get some pics soon if i can be bothered But ive been driven around fields in both now and the New Rangie is far more capable than the old one .. but the old one is easier to manuever because the new one is HUGE! Its so funny looking out of my window and seeing it at the top of the farm .. it does like kinda pimpy. Its not black btw .. its dark blue, the pics just make it seem its black. I love this vehicle .. gonna go mess about with the thing that prevents you from going down hills too fast tommorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    haha rik you have kinda got a point there

but the new disco is kinda square too

greta car there exige, get racing it through those fields like i did with my old cars lol
    Look at the friggin doors .. the door groove disappears! Thats a design flaw in my opinion Im far too cool for the Disco anyway

the door groove disappears!
    think they have been taking notice of some of the hoppers on here lol
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Oh yeah .. its petrol. Didnt think they did a diesel Vogue did they?

Look at the friggin doors .. the door groove disappears! Thats a design flaw in my opinion
    Au contraire!

It is design genious; for without the gap in the groove the vehicle looks too long and out of proportion.

The Americans insisted that the groove should be continuous, but Andy Wheel's team stuck by their guns and told them where to shove it.

Nice Rangie.
    Thanks for all the fish

nice range rover, we have an '02 Cadillac Escalade, its pretty good but I wanted my dad to get a Range Rover which is $100,000 here. The escalade is $70,000
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

I think the Range Rover is much much nicer than the Discovery which looks like a big box with wheels or a transformer
    ________
    Aleksa19
    Last edited by hec16; 08-20-2011 at 08:34 PM.

We felt the Disco felt a bit bargain basement at the best of times .. .
    !$! (yes mostly driven by envy)
    plus my Dad prefers the looks of these.
    I think we all do. I dont understand the question.
    And before anyone says "Why didnt you get a Porsche Cayenne?" (Yes, you know who you are ), its not like were gonna be treating this car with care, thing will get broken when we blast it across the fields.
    !$$$$$! You would have to be in the minority there. Perhaps you should have gotten the Disco.
    And skimming over the Porsche parts price lists, we dont wanna be paying that much for repairs Plus the Porsche is the ugliest thing created in a long time.
    And at least the Range Rover retains some vestiges of actual off road ability. By the sounds of it you will be testing that statment anyhow.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    And at least the Range Rover retains some vestiges of actual off road ability. By the sounds of it you will be testing that statment anyhow.
    Just back from crucial testing That is THE best fun ive had offroad ever .. it does everything. I went across a huge bog and where a quad would have no chance, this just sailed through like it were just mud. And it was raining at the time too. Its truly amazing .. and its so comfortable and I can listen to music like asif it were my room (the sound system has excellent clarity). I love it .. and it does everything my dad needs it to do but with far more ease. Now all it need is sum spinnerz and sum nawz

Thread Information