View Poll Results: Which car would you rather own?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ford GT

12 54.55%
  • Ford Shelby Cobra

10 45.45%

Thread: Take your pick

Take your pick

So now that Ford has announced it's plans to build the new Shelby Cobra, right on the heels of the GT making it to production.....which car, were you given the choice between the two, would you drive home with?

Oh yeah, as for me...I think I'd take the GT.
    Last edited by more-boost1555; 01-13-2004 at 02:00 PM.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

iŽd take the GT, its awesome, i love it

I gotta go with the Cobra, I've wanted a replica for as long as I can remember, now they are considering building them new, I'll have to start working overtime.

Cobra, just because it's a convertible...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    I gotta go with the Cobra, I've wanted a replica for as long as I can remember, now they are considering building them new, I'll have to start working overtime.
    i knew someone in indiana down the street from where i lived that had a replica of a cobra(i think) it might have been a real one but those are a million dollars so i don't thin so.

i chose the cobra beause i think it looks a little better than the GT and it's got a V10. plus it's sweet
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Shelby cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    i knew someone in indiana down the street from where i lived that had a replica of a cobra(i think) it might have been a real one but those are a million dollars so i don't thin so.

i chose the cobra beause i think it looks a little better than the GT and it's got a V10. plus it's sweet
    A friend of a friend has a Cobra replica, I believe it to be a Superformance kit with a GM 540 monster block, I believe it took him almost a year to build it, but it looks awesome, turns heads like mad and is seriously quick !

I'd really go after the GT, the looks will have people chasing you....(not a good thing....but....w/e). The Cobra doesn't appeal to me as much as the old one. GT anyday for meh.

Its a tough one but im gonna have to say cobra, just cause it has a hundred more horsepower. They probably wont make it though.

ill take an original Cobra any day
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Cobra, just because it's a convertible...

Home star runner rocks!
    2003 Cadillac CTS
    2000 Buell Lightning X1
    1990 Volvo 740 GLE Wag-on

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    A friend of a friend has a Cobra replica, I believe it to be a Superformance kit with a GM 540 monster block, I believe it took him almost a year to build it, but it looks awesome, turns heads like mad and is seriously quick !
    sounds wicked, i saw one from a distance in Calgary when we moved back, and i saw a ferarri 308 the same day, it was a good day for cars
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

if i had to choose between the 2 i'd take the GT. ive always wanted both of them as a replica but the GT looks more stable and a better track car. a company over here called Roaring Fourties is claimed to make the best quality GT40 replica's so im kinda torn between going with a new one and paying almost $AUD200K or paying $AUD110K for a turn key kit car. i havent got hardly enough talent or experience to make the kit car myself, even though they start at a more modest $AUD25K
    I am the Stig

Thread Information